Character
    Lep
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

San D'Oria Mission 8-1 "Coming Of Age" :: problem

I spoke to the gate guard to get the cutscene for mission 8-1. That npc said to speak to M. Halver in Chateau O. Got cutscene upon entering Chateau, and spoke to Halver.

He requests my character go to Quicksand Caves, Fountain Of Kings and get Drops Of Amnio. Upon finding it (G-14) and selecting the spot labelled "Fountain Of Kings" the Notorious Monsters do not spawn. Only the caption "It is a pool of water."

My character is rather new, only a year old. I have gotten maximum fame, rank points.
    Another player of rank 10 (Primel) tried to help by going with me to the Fountain, speaking with gate guard and Halver. Didn't work, but it narrowed down some options.

I've spoken with 2 GMs regarding this, but they both suggested talking with the NPCs related to the quest. As far as I reckon, only the gate guard and Halver matter. I have the additional cutscenes with the princes when activating their respective doors. These simply repeat when attempted again.

I've re-read every walk-through I can find.

I would like to know if others have this issue, or are nearing rank 7 or 8 and would like to try on Fenrir server. My main character is 'Lep' and storage character is 'Hjalti'.

Any ideas or solutions? Thanks for your time.
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Are you doing this with both of your characters or just one? Also you are going to the correct spot and everything?
    (0)

I'm similarly stuck on the next mission, where the NMs won't spawn because the ???s won't give me the key items. I went through with an LS mate and we did the same steps in the same order, he got the KIs and I didn't, he spawned the NMs and we fought them together. The NPCs instead of telling me where to go, say they already found the item I was sent to look for.

I've called a GM, they said only the dev team can check my character data, and if a fix is made it will appear in the patch notes, instead of emailing me at my registered address linked to my SquareEnix Account. I check again and they said it has remained untouched on the dev team's desk, since the end of November. Good luck getting your mission fixed. I can't change to complete Bastok Missions while I wait, though I have completed Windurst. I've been over the full steps for the missions several times since November, and have cleared out my quest log of all quests using the zone I can't spawn the NMs or get the KIs in.
    (0)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by nagikosei View Post
    I spoke to the gate guard to get the cutscene for mission 8-1. That npc said to speak to M. Halver in Chateau O. Got cutscene upon entering Chateau, and spoke to Halver.

He requests my character go to Quicksand Caves, Fountain Of Kings and get Drops Of Amnio. Upon finding it (G-14) and selecting the spot labelled "Fountain Of Kings" the Notorious Monsters do not spawn. Only the caption "It is a pool of water."

My character is rather new, only a year old. I have gotten maximum fame, rank points.
    Another player of rank 10 (Primel) tried to help by going with me to the Fountain, speaking with gate guard and Halver. Didn't work, but it narrowed down some options.

I've spoken with 2 GMs regarding this, but they both suggested talking with the NPCs related to the quest. As far as I reckon, only the gate guard and Halver matter. I have the additional cutscenes with the princes when activating their respective doors. These simply repeat when attempted again.

I've re-read every walk-through I can find.

I would like to know if others have this issue, or are nearing rank 7 or 8 and would like to try on Fenrir server. My main character is 'Lep' and storage character is 'Hjalti'.

Any ideas or solutions? Thanks for your time.
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    I'm similarly stuck on the next mission, where the NMs won't spawn because the ???s won't give me the key items. I went through with an LS mate and we did the same steps in the same order, he got the KIs and I didn't, he spawned the NMs and we fought them together. The NPCs instead of telling me where to go, say they already found the item I was sent to look for.

I've called a GM, they said only the dev team can check my character data, and if a fix is made it will appear in the patch notes, instead of emailing me at my registered address linked to my SquareEnix Account. I check again and they said it has remained untouched on the dev team's desk, since the end of November. Good luck getting your mission fixed. I can't change to complete Bastok Missions while I wait, though I have completed Windurst. I've been over the full steps for the missions several times since November, and have cleared out my quest log of all quests using the zone I can't spawn the NMs or get the KIs in.
    I would suggestion you two go over to the bugs section and fill out ingame bug reports, make sure you copy and paste the template and provide all relevant data
    (1)

I did fill it out here and it was accepted as a bug in early December, after I posted it at the end of November. I have also talked to GMs in-game twice, and both said it was untouched since being filed. Since then nothing has been done and I still can't progress. I've tried fixing what I can to see if there was a conflisting quest and no luck. Best I can tell is that the mission flags are in an inconsistent state and someone with server access has to reset the mission completely.
    (0)

Character
    Lep
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Thanks for replying all.

I'll try the submission of a bug report, and try clearing more quests/missions. I just finished Aht Urhgan missions and yet to try the Mission in San D'Oria.
    (0)