World: cerberus
    Main Job: Thf
    Support Job: dnc
    Area and Coordinates: Behemoths Dominion
    Party or Solo: party/solo
    NPC Name:
    Monster Name: King Behemoth
    Steps:

GM recommended I post something here...doubt it'll do any good, but I'm losing my mind.

I don't know what the odds that a Defending Ring will drop... but I've kill the guy 46 times. I've killed Behemoth 214 times. In the grand scheme of things I don't know how well that compares to the norm...but that's positively awful.

I know SE doesn't control the pricing of these pop items, but at current rates on my server that's 200,000,000 gil. Yes, I've purchased a great majority of these because there's no way for me to obtain them that quickly on my own. Looking at that number makes me ill...

My buddy went 1/1 on the thing... I'm 0/46. Jesus... There's got to be something wrong with this...
    (0)
    Last edited by Hokuten85; 04-23-2014 at 01:25 PM.

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Unfortunately, that's the random numbers game. There's a % chance of getting the Savory Shank, and then an even lower chance of a D.Ring, which has the unusual effect of sharing a 100% drop slot with the Pixie Earring. This means nothing will affect it; TH or having the earring won't touch it. If I remember correctly, the ring is a 5% chance versus the 95% chance of getting the earring.

Now, let's say you're getting the Savory at a 10% chance with TH on it. 5% of that 10% is... well, less than a 1% chance of getting a favorable pairing of conditions. This is assuming you went from the Beastly Shanks rather than buying Savories. Otherwise it's a straight up 5%. It's unfortunately very bad luck on your part combined with an unnecessarily low drop rate that cannot be affected in any way, rather than a bug. It's dumb, but it's what people have dealt with for a while. I'm sorry for your difficulty, but just keep at it, or move on past it.
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You having bad luck on a drop is not a glitch.

Is it really such a travesty that there's still good gear that's not easy to obtain?
    (2)