Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    SE should listen to Ninian, she is awesome.
    (0)

Pretty much hit the nail on the head in this thread
    (0)

Character
    Amanie
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    yes please do something SE. its my TP let me burn through it as fast as i want to.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithvalentine View Post
    Its kinda sucky that u cant ever do a good set of cures if 1 person needs a waltz 5 because of the long recast and the rest of the pt must suffer because of it
    Which is one of the reasons I basically, in that case, would rather Divine II than Waltz V, unless I know there's a good healer in the party.
    (0)

Character
    Niniann
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Myo View Post
    Stupid question... What is the waltz potency cap? Wiki doesn't mention one, but I have noticed that +31% waltz potency in my healing set (Phurba, Roundel Earring, Sonia's Plectrum, Etoile Tiara, Dancer's Casaque) doesn't add what appears to be 31% potency. Is it 25%?
    It's 30% including gear and atma.
    (0)

Character
    Myou
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Oh ok, 30% is an awkward number to cap out at... And a dumb one considering the gear and Atma potentially letting it go higher if it were allowed to... Isn't the Cure (spell) potency cap at 50%? They should at least boost Waltz cap to that. Make it a fair playing field. The shared waltz delay is a killer in abyssea alliances too. If it wasn't for that dancer would be an amazing main healer. As it stands, In groups larger then 4~8 on mobs that spam Area of Effect damaging abilities and spells, dancer falls short.
    (0)

Character
    Niniann
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Myo View Post
    Oh ok, 30% is an awkward number to cap out at... And a dumb one considering the gear and Atma potentially letting it go higher if it were allowed to... Isn't the Cure (spell) potency cap at 50%? They should at least boost Waltz cap to that. Make it a fair playing field. The shared waltz delay is a killer in abyssea alliances too. If it wasn't for that dancer would be an amazing main healer. As it stands, In groups larger then 4~8 on mobs that spam Area of Effect damaging abilities and spells, dancer falls short.
    Yeah, it's weird... but it's definitely 30%. I would love for them to raise the cap to 50% in addition to fixing waltz timers somehow.

In other news, Atma of the Despot is a great waltz potency atma.... <_<;
    (0)

Player
    I happen to agree with you guys that the cast time can be a bit frustrating. Moreso on the idea of sharing cast times with divine's is aggravating. Personally, I don't see where Curing Waltz IV and V are so annoying that you only use Curing Waltz III's. Especially in a solo aspect I don't bother curing myself depending on the things I fight until I get relatively low hp and then it's a once and done status. That's nice because then I can full cure (or near) and then go back to being the sick DD that I know how to be! hehe

I am certainly curious what they're going to decide to do with DNC on 99 merits.
    (0)

Not a chance guys. In fact, I think dancer is gonna be the next job to get nerfed. My dancer is a tougher soloer than my beast and I am an EXCELLENT beast.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I should preface this by saying that I play FFXI way more than I should. For every hour most people have spent trying to do something, I've spent several hours actually doing it.

At the moment, I'm Temperance Torque from a perfect Waltz build (0/2 on Temp the last day I played, on vacation now), and main healing real DDs on DNC isn't viable with our current recasts. We need to reduce Waltz recast and JA delay. With my build I can hit the 30% potency cap without AF2 head (Phurba/OA2-4), so I have JA delay-2 on everything from Anwig, and it's not enough. Waltz IV and V need a significant recast reduction, and we need to reduce the Job Ability delay in general.
    (0)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast