Character
    Cabensis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Friend wanted to try out FFXI but couldn't get a Code

I finally got my friend to give our MMO a try and quit his old(ye old ncsoft) MMO. Told him there was a trial 14 day pass he could play with. He told me he tried but got denied so I went over to the website myself and tried to register for him. I got this as a response from the server.

What's up with that SE? Recycle the codes faster or something or make more. Don't shoot my friend in the foot before he's even walking.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Calintzpso View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EVERY GM EVER View Post
    Working as intended...lol

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Heh.

The EU-version of the site has been saying this for what feels like years (at least something like a year according to them internet archives):

Thanks for your interest in the
    FINAL FANTASY XI Free Trial.
    Unfortunately, because demand for the game has been incredibly high, we have filled our current allocation of access codes.

We will be adding more codes in the next few days, so keep checking back for your chance to play.

The FINAL FANTASY XI Team

That's quite the few days they have.

It's unfortunate, but I'm not sure they do any good for the game or the gamer being as restricted as it is. Well, at least it does give a sample of the user interface...
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

With all the restrictions, the trial would be maxed out in a couple of days. Communication is limited, only the starter 6 jobs can be used, and they stop at level 30. Money can only be spent at vendors, AH/Bazaar/Trade are unusable. He can either buy the game (Amazon had the full collection for $15 last month) and get an unrestricted free month, or you could have him play with your supervision on an extra character slot.
    (2)

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    With all the restrictions, the trial would be maxed out in a couple of days. Communication is limited, only the starter 6 jobs can be used, and they stop at level 30. Money can only be spent at vendors, AH/Bazaar/Trade are unusable. He can either buy the game (Amazon had the full collection for $15 last month) and get an unrestricted free month, or you could have him play with your supervision on an extra character slot.
    there is only one drawback to this only one of you can play at a time
    (0)