Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Regarding Field Manuals: A Suggestion

Why must these field manuals be a stationary, floating book in some zones? Yet not a permanent option selected in the characters main menu? This way, you can access this field manual in any location, which opens up the possibility of adding not just some zones, but all for individual training.

It also eliminates the need to needlessly travel to a set location each and everytime you complete a training page. This benefits not only the solo traveling adventurer, but a party as well when focusing on a camp.

It is a book afterall, let's not leave it in the open weather, and have us adventurers carry them to prevent wear and tear.
    (0)

Character
    Aisubeki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I do not like this idea, it just sounds like a way to aid laziness.
    (0)

Player
    Why does it seem "lazy" to you? How does the need to run from point A to a point B make you not so lazy? Well I understand this point even though you did not offer any real feedback on the idea. But since this game offers level 30 players the chance to earn EXP without needing to do absolutely nothing, I would say that seems way more lazy. And this idea seems like running a marathon in comparison.
    (0)

Character
    Aisubeki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    We already got double exp, unlimited FOV use, syncing, etc. Do we really need any more to make access to it via a menu to aid in even more casual game play? It's just plain lazy. There isn't really any feed back other than I dislike the idea.
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I suggest something like the portable magian book item they gave us but for FoV instead. Not real sure how they'd get it into our hands but yeah, I think we'd see that long before we'd get it in our menus. Basically it's the same thing but you quest for the item.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Hate magian books because they take up an inventory spot
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Player
    Well while it may seem like its "lazy" its simply a matter of convenience to access something that already exsists. If you were to suggest the idea of having access to the field manual via menu is lazy, then you would say the field manual in general promotes laziness.

Giving players access to field manuals in a more convenient form, other than in limited zones and in limited locations doesn't make them lazy, and makes them happy.
    (0)

Player
    Okay, let's refine the idea. Becuase I do agree with Andylynn to a degree. I don't subscribe to the lazy theroy he does, but obviously, certian features I believe should not be included in the Menu Field Manual, mainly the Field Support.

How about we find common ground? Say the field manuals remain in place. Instead of a Menued Field Manual, we have a Field Journal? We are able to take this Journal to a Field Manual, and "copy" a page from the Manual while we remain in the zone, thus, we can renew our current Training Regiment without the need to travel across the zone to the Manual.

Once you are ready to move on to a new page, you then need to copy a new page from the Manual.

Does that seem less "lazy", Andy? ^^
    (0)

Character
    Rinzler
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 34
    It would be good if i could accept X amount of pages at once, so I could do like 5 in 1 go then I wouldnt be trekking back every 10 mins The draw back being you only get Gil and stuff on the last one you choose.
    (0)

Character
    Jerritt
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 23
    I don't think they need to move them or change the actual books. Since they changed it to where I can do however many pages I want in the day, I no longer "feel" like I am wasting time walking to the book at the beginning of each day. I would, however, like to see some more pages added. There are some areas that you could add a few more pages with some different mobs. Just my 2 cents
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast