Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Calipso
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Why would odin take 10 days? You only need 1 wing of each tier to enter, this applies to both V1 and V2.

Also, maybe it's just me but splitting a 60k entry item seems a little silly. When I shout I just want people to fill up the last spots so I can get in and go asap. I don't even care if they do anything or participate. My shouts generally just look like "{Einherjar}T3 {Team up?} Any job ok/everything free lot. /tell" .. I don't nearly have as many problems finding people as I did around the same time last year. Einherjar is boring, and most people don't give a crap about it, the best way to get people to tag along is to make it look attractive.

I also think your generalization of Nyzul is way off. It's completely possible for 2/3 people to easily get 5k a run. There were times when I got 10-11k with a lot of optimal floors, usually around 7, and 5 if we had a lot of crappy lamp floors. Assuming 5k a run, that's only 30 days, plus/minus whatever it takes to get your Runic Key. Keep in mind you'd also be getting tokens while getting your Runic Key. (I really don't know/remember what the average tokens are starting at anything other than floor 96, but I think it's safe to assume you'd end up with 40-50k just from getting to floor 100). I don't think it's considered normal or ideal for a person to solo nyzul for 1-2k tokens a run.

As much as people say T3's are soloable, there's a few with mobs that have a crazy amount of hp and that are just annoying and I've timed out before killing everything, so I prefer to just go with 6. I don't doubt Odin 1 is soloable, but I'm making a Yag on my mule and I don't really want to use their ichor or buy wings off the ah.

Assuming what I was told about the Coalition system in adoulin is true, even your 175 days falls behind the 240~ it takes to get legend status to start Geo/Run mythics.

Realistically, you're more looking at 96 days for assaults (assuming you start with 4 tags and don't fail any), 20-30 days for Nyzul depending on your luck/skill. 150 days is a pretty moderate average, assuming poor nyzul runs and a few failed tags, with 125 being more likely if you don't fail anything and can do nyzul somewhat efficiently
    (0)
    Last edited by Calipso; 05-14-2014 at 04:17 AM.
    Playing since 2004: ★☆ GreenGrumpyShieldBardClub ☆★ Lv119: Carnwenhan, Yagrush(X2), Vajra, Glanzfaust, Kannagi, Mandau, Spharai, Mjollnir, Yoichi. Lv 99: Gjallarhorn (X2), Daurdabla.

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I went off still having to have all 9 wings then odin, it's been a while sense I had to do odin LoL (My friends and I have just been spamming T3s)
    To me splinting to cost if you have a group who wants to do it is not that big of a deal, make lamps bazaar the 5 for 10k ea boom done. But the group my friend and I run are mostly regulars who don't mind it. We just had to have a 6th one day and he flaked out on us.
    Nyzle also something I have not done lately so I went off some old numbers I had which was ~3000 tokens a run so I put it down to 2k to be conservative. So the information you providing is much appreciated hehe I have been waiting for my friend to get captian (helping him and getting some of my records done) as he goes. :3 the over all limiting factor is still imperial tags it seems sadly. I think no matter what you will still want 3+ for Te Ein but that is me hehe
    (0)

Character
    Minikomby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Calipso View Post
    They've already reduced the amount of alex from 50,000 to 30,000.

If they wouldn't reduce the requirements back when stuff was actually hard, I don't see why they'd do it now, especially when there's been more mythics made in the last year than there has in the last several.

Look at how hard mythics were to make 3-4 years ago, before Salvage II and alex was rare and pricey, while ZNMs were still somewhat difficult to do and pictures were time consuming and annoying and t4 znm trophies weren't 100%, when Einherjar had a 3 day CD, etc.. even if you finished everything at the least you'd be a 5.5/6 month block because of Einherjar cds. They really have thrown us quite a few bones, I don't think much else needs to be changed, other than a few small tweaks that are more of an annoyance than an actual hindrance.

Also, nyzul (and a few assaults) really aren't soloable barring some insane amount of luck. Good luck soloing a 4~5 same-time lamp floor. That being said, this is an mmo, not everything is meant to be solo-able. Relics, emps, and a good majority of the mythic requirements are actually soloable, is it that big a deal you need to find some helpers for a few aspects of it?
    they reduce it yes and that doesnt meant they cant reduce it again, you talking back the day when this game has 3k+ ppl per server, they just need adjust things to new Era
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikom View Post
    they reduce it yes and that doesnt meant they cant reduce it again, you talking back the day when this game has 3k+ ppl per server, they just need adjust things to new Era
    This. It's funny - yes some people would then have nothing to do cause they would make every mythic ever (maybe) but if they made mythics less ridiculous what would ACTUALLY happen is more people would want to do them - which would mean they would be busier and less concern about getting new content faster all the time. The way it is now many people (I am one of them) act like this content does not exist because it is simply not realistic to waste time working on it.
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    The largest issue really depends on which side on the economical scale you fall into. If you've enough gil or time to make gil that you could make enough to obtain 30,000 Alexandrite in under 120~150 days then starting from scratch you'd find Assaults to be the much larger set back. For all repeat Mythic makers and for those without said mad stacks of cash, the Alexandrite seems to be the majority issue. For me personally I look at Assaults as the more annoying hill to climb, I could make 5M a day(500 Alex) from Dynamis alone, not counting the 250~300 Alex from dual runs between 2 characters. That leaves me at around 800 a day from 2 events, that's less than 2 a month and a half for a finished Mythic, on the other hand the Assaults I'd have to do really kill my motivation because I flat out hate the content and the time sink it requires me to suffer through. Look at me a year ago though and I'd have said Alexandrite were the largest issue because at the time I thought Assaults would be something I'd just do and not care or wouldn't take much of my time. In either case, both Assaults and Alexandrite suck as requirements how they currently are.
    Well time is money. Though I kinda wonder how you are making 5 mil a day? ADL spam cause that's not soloing? Now let's look at the numbers 800 a day comes out to 37.5 days but you say it takes 2.5 months suggesting that your farm style isn't that easy to maintain. Probably the whole dedicating 5.5 hours a day to just farming for 1 requirement of 1 thing. Now I'll agree assualts are super easy and boring but that can also be a good thing. Even soloing alot of them only take like 10-15 min. If you can farm for 5 hours a day farming for one thing you can spend 15 minutes doing something really boring. Now let's look at total hours. You farm gil faster than most but even at that your alex farm takes over 200 play hours while assaults will take less than 20 total and as a side bonus nets you the AP needed for those salvage farms
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 05-14-2014 at 10:46 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Well time is money. Though I kinda wonder how you are making 5 mil a day? ADL spam cause that's not soloing? Now let's look at the numbers 800 a day comes out to 37.5 days but you say it takes 2.5 months suggesting that your farm style isn't that easy to maintain. Probably the whole dedicating 5.5 hours a day to just farming for 1 requirement of 1 thing. Now I'll agree assualts are super easy and boring but that can also be a good thing. Even soloing alot of them only take like 10-15 min. If you can farm for 5 hours a day farming for one thing you can spend 15 minutes doing something really boring. Now let's look at total hours. You farm gil faster than most but even at that your alex farm takes over 200 play hours while assaults will take less than 20 total and as a side bonus nets you the AP needed for those salvage farms
    The 5M is from 2 Dyna runs at roughly 320~330 AC each, averaging 110 of each kinda piece, which overall on Phoenix is roughly 5M total. In either case the 2 runs at Salvage and 2 runs at Dyna are around 6 hours, but even so I'm doing 6 hours of work each day for a month and a half and I only say that because yes I might skip some days or be too busy, so on. But for Assaults I have to do them every few days over and over and when they're so mind numbingly boring I just can't stand them. At least with Salvage I have to try to kill gears to at least some extent and in Dyna I have to try to proc, but in Assaults most of them are just boring and fairly dumb like Lost & Found where I'm doing nothing but running around for 10 minutes.

I wasn't meaning to say that Alex takes less overall times, but tbh I much rather farm Alex & Gil than do Assaults just because it provides more challenge and entertainment than any of the Assaults do. Either way it might be a preference thing but I really hate them more than the Alexandrite and it's what's keeping me from finishing my Murgleis at this point. If they made Assaults more 'easily' doable, I'd finish it with no problem, but the only adjustments I could see doing what I'm wanting are a removal of the tag limits or something along those lines so I could just do it and get it over with in only 2~3 days rather than coming back every 4~5 again and again to do them as I have to now.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Holy heck you do 2 dyna runs AND 2 salvage runs in a day. And what do you leave the salvage really early? Been awhile since I've done dynamis but 330 sounds a little high for an average solo.

I suppose they might be more interesting but not sure I'd call them more challenging. Dynamis was easily soloed back before ilvl and well if you are doing all that in 6 hours you are finishing salvage solo in less than half the alotted time so... sounds more like it's just more things to do to keep your interest though having made 5 relics mostly from farming it's kinda gotta mindnumbing for me.

Either way I find it somewhat odd that someone who can farm dynamis where it's the same old find TE then spam jas on mobs while you kill them switch camps as hours change for 4 hours a day day in and out and then spending a couple on salvage which is slightly less monotonous but not much is having a hard trouble spending 1 hour a week to do assualts which at least change each time. Boring is what you make it I suppose. Personally I just watched tv while I did the assaults
    (0)

Player
    Dynamis Valk, RDM/DNC & BST/DNC, JA/DC mobs, yeah 330 isn't too bad. I'm going in with TH1 on both jobs alone, could probably do more if I really tried to on THF or something but I stick to RDM since I'm invincible due to Phalanx & such which lets me relax considerably more. I also do full Salvage runs through Arrapago, I don't skip any of the NMs on my way up. I mean I won't lie, it's not exactly fun to do either, but at least I can get hit hard by some mobs or if I get too many pulled/linked on me, even if it's not actually hard it's not as boring as the curb stomping that takes place in Assaults where you fight something like a NM and take it down in 30 seconds or so on. Like I said, maybe it's really just a preference thing, but I just really don't like Assaults, I'd rather do 2 Dyna runs and 2 Salvage runs for 38 days than 4 Assaults every 4 days for a total of 23 days, but thats just me.

I've honestly not even finished all 50 Assaults for Captain, it's all I've left to do for the first quest of Mythics, but my motivation to do Alex, Einherjar, and Nyzul are all fairly crushed by the Assaults. If I could finish them or ignore them, I could do my Mythic in probably less than a month from where I am now, I currently have over 12k Alex and over half of my other currencies, it's just the Assaults that keep me from doing it all.
    (1)

Character
    Rainehx
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Hey SE, please just give everyone everything first time they log on.

Seems there's no end to people attempts at removing the last few challenging things in this game.

Just be done with it, give everyone everything so those causals who bitch about anything difficult can get bored/go play another game.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rainehx; 05-14-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello, everyone.

We’re definitely aware that players are having difficulties completing certain aspects of the mythic weapon quest such as Nyzul and Assault because they are unable to accomplish them solo. The development team would like to look into addressing this; however, they are currently working on other tasks in preparation for new content and it may take a bit of time before it is addressed.
    When you do address this please make it so that in Old Salvage gear piece 15/25/35 are 100% drop because it's not really worth it to farm old salvage anymore when doing the new salvage it much better and offer 100% Alexanderite Pouch if done correctly while old salvage you get a low % on Alexanderite a big waste of time. Old Salvage are not item level gear like 119 and I don't see anything wrong with making those upgrade piece 100% drop and Please consider that with Limbus upgrade as well. In addition, old gear that are level 99 and below shouldn't be tough for any player to Obtain it because we are ahead in the stage of 119 gear which require a lot of work to earn it. It would be nice if some of these gear were added to moogle Login points. =) but "thank you for adding savory shank to the list"
    (1)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast