Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Momoren
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It's really too late to enjoy how hard a Mythic is to make/have. Adjustments were made, price dropped.
    Quality of life has improved somewhat, now the final issue of the tags is being addressed.

Quality of life adjustment, because this is just a game.
    (0)
    Last edited by Momoren; 05-13-2014 at 01:50 PM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello, everyone.

We’re definitely aware that players are having difficulties completing certain aspects of the mythic weapon quest such as Nyzul and Assault because they are unable to accomplish them solo. The development team would like to look into addressing this; however, they are currently working on other tasks in preparation for new content and it may take a bit of time before it is addressed.
    Um nyzul and assaults are completely soloable... well except maybe that stupid mining assault. 60 days to do the assault thing.... nyzul will depend if you can find others to do it you could farm the points in less than a month and can even do while doing assaults since you can get it on a mule and send it. If completely solo based on what I can solo I'd say probably more like 2-3 months. I think the real hurdle is the ~300 days of farming alex and farming AP to do the salvage or farming other stuff to buy alex. Seriously that part of it alone is completely disproportionate compared to making any relic or empyrean... though with vw being dead getting empyreans pasted 90 is something of a hurdle now
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 05-13-2014 at 03:00 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Um nyzul and assaults are completely soloable... well except maybe that stupid mining assault. 60 days to do the assault thing.... nyzul will depend if you can find others to do it you could farm the points in less than a month and can even do while doing assaults since you can get it on a mule and send it. If completely solo based on what I can solo I'd say probably more like 2-3 months. I think the real hurdle is the ~300 days of farming alex and farming AP to do the salvage or farming other stuff to buy alex. Seriously that part of it alone is completely disproportionate compared to making any relic or empyrean... though with vw being dead getting empyreans pasted 90 is something of a hurdle now
    The largest issue really depends on which side on the economical scale you fall into. If you've enough gil or time to make gil that you could make enough to obtain 30,000 Alexandrite in under 120~150 days then starting from scratch you'd find Assaults to be the much larger set back. For all repeat Mythic makers and for those without said mad stacks of cash, the Alexandrite seems to be the majority issue. For me personally I look at Assaults as the more annoying hill to climb, I could make 5M a day(500 Alex) from Dynamis alone, not counting the 250~300 Alex from dual runs between 2 characters. That leaves me at around 800 a day from 2 events, that's less than 2 a month and a half for a finished Mythic, on the other hand the Assaults I'd have to do really kill my motivation because I flat out hate the content and the time sink it requires me to suffer through. Look at me a year ago though and I'd have said Alexandrite were the largest issue because at the time I thought Assaults would be something I'd just do and not care or wouldn't take much of my time. In either case, both Assaults and Alexandrite suck as requirements how they currently are.
    (1)

Character
    Komby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    should recude alex to 15,000 instead of 30,000, make it equal to relic or empyrean weapons, nyzul tokens to tha half and einherjar points same thing, need 6 ppl to enter and if someone dc inside you just have 10 mins to complete chamber, assaults arent too bad i just can remmber 10 where you need more ppl,
    (0)

Character
    Calipso
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    They've already reduced the amount of alex from 50,000 to 30,000.

If they wouldn't reduce the requirements back when stuff was actually hard, I don't see why they'd do it now, especially when there's been more mythics made in the last year than there has in the last several.

Look at how hard mythics were to make 3-4 years ago, before Salvage II and alex was rare and pricey, while ZNMs were still somewhat difficult to do and pictures were time consuming and annoying and t4 znm trophies weren't 100%, when Einherjar had a 3 day CD, etc.. even if you finished everything at the least you'd be a 5.5/6 month block because of Einherjar cds. They really have thrown us quite a few bones, I don't think much else needs to be changed, other than a few small tweaks that are more of an annoyance than an actual hindrance.

Also, nyzul (and a few assaults) really aren't soloable barring some insane amount of luck. Good luck soloing a 4~5 same-time lamp floor. That being said, this is an mmo, not everything is meant to be solo-able. Relics, emps, and a good majority of the mythic requirements are actually soloable, is it that big a deal you need to find some helpers for a few aspects of it?
    (1)
    Last edited by Calipso; 05-14-2014 at 02:26 AM.
    Playing since 2004: ★☆ GreenGrumpyShieldBardClub ☆★ Lv119: Carnwenhan, Yagrush(X2), Vajra, Glanzfaust, Kannagi, Mandau, Spharai, Mjollnir, Yoichi. Lv 99: Gjallarhorn (X2), Daurdabla.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I made a Mythic back when they were hard (Terpsichore) then made another (Carnwenhan) during the Salvage v2 craze. Now I'm most of the way done making a third (Laev).

The process has gotten much easier, but in terms of my enjoyment of the experience: Terpsichore > Carnwenhan >> Laev. I can hardly even motivate myself to solo Einherjar these days to finish Laev. It was much more fun for me back when it was some epic undertaking and not something that can be accomplished with {Gil Toss} and 2 hours a night of events for two months.
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    The problem with trying to get people to help out on events needed to do for mythic is most of the player base don't want to do it because it's not the newest shiney. Along with server population being stupid low on some at certain times.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    You only need a handful of like-minded people to do Nyzul. Almost every Assault can be soloed now so players only need to team up for a handful of them. That leaves Einherjar as the only remaining hang-up. The 6-man requirement is pretty much the only thing people can complain about anymore when it comes to Mythics. Having to team up to make one of the strongest weapons in the game is not unreasonable when so much of the other requirements are soloable. And 30k Alex seems like a lot, but on my server they are 10k each and extremely abundant because it's so easy to solo Salvage.

I wouldn't go so far as to say the accomplishment has been diminished but there are a lot of new Mythics out here for a reason.
    (0)

Character
    Calipso
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    With current prices (at least on Odin) it's quite a bit more pricey to make a 99 cinder emp than it is to make a Mythic. The current state of salvage is pretty nice and it's easy to find a huge abundance of 9~10k alex again.

I'm just tired so, so of ein, I've done it so much, for my mythics and long into the past for abjurations/odin etc. It'd be cool if they added it as an Aman currency, maybe something higher tier (requiring 2-4 to redeem), but I can see why they wouldn't do that. At least with assaults you can take a 3-4 day break and do the all at once.. with Einherjar you're pretty much forced to go on a daily basis unless you wanna end up completing your mythic weeks after you've finished everything else because you're stuck on Ichor :<
    (0)
    Playing since 2004: ★☆ GreenGrumpyShieldBardClub ☆★ Lv119: Carnwenhan, Yagrush(X2), Vajra, Glanzfaust, Kannagi, Mandau, Spharai, Mjollnir, Yoichi. Lv 99: Gjallarhorn (X2), Daurdabla.

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    There have been some awesome points made in this thread already.
    So I was very bored and I used my project management software to map out making a mythic from nothing and this was the result:
    Base line Mythic building is currently 175 Days:
    Every Day Events

101 days for assaults – 51 for the initial runs plus one Nyzul mission run for Captain & 50 for doing them again for the second quest.

74 days for running Nyzul Isle for Token & 1~100 climb if not previously done.

Note that Nyzul also takes Imperial tags, so you cannot do this at the same time as assault missions.

The two parts above are the limiting factor for your Mythic Weapon 175 days sense the regen time of imperial tags is one per day.

Salvage – the minimum you have to run salvage is four times, once in each remnant for the win, but it is suggested you run it daily to gather alexandrite

Einherjar – EVERY DAY, okay only 53 days, if one has not gotten an Odin v1 win the first 10 days will be gathering each wing feather and then killing Odin on the 10th the other 43 days will be spamming tier 3 wing for 1920 Ichor a day making the 100,000 you need in roughly 43 days. If Odin has already been defeated it is very simple take the ichor you have subtract it from 100,000 then divide by 1920 and round up to the nearest whole number. Boom! That is how many days you must run Einherjar.

Note that lamps for Einherjar cost 60,000 gil (3.18 million gil if you do not split it out) and there MUST be SIX Player Characters on the field at all times or the event will end.

When you have time:

Kill the thee Beastman Horde Leaders (NOT in besieged ie in their normal zone). Each leader required 3 keys to reach, in addition to the troll requires six players to open the gate via switches. They are almost always up now as SE has changed their respawns to be quicker.

ZNM Items – Farm zeni. Once you have let’s say 45,000 zeni, you can start making your pop sets. Fin the easiest/most convenient Tier 1 and Tier 2 ZNM in a path to fight. Kill them and get your first Tier 3, kill them again get second Tier 3, and kill them a third time and your 3rd tier 3. Kill the 3 tier 3s and then get your tier 4 pop item kill the Tier 4 (Tyger, Sarameya, Tinnin) and repeat the process for the remaining, until you have their item. Caution! DO NOT turn them in for the KI from the ZNM guy, the quest is for the items themselves!

Alexandrite –

The most expensive part of the quest, I checked FFXIAH.com and it seems the average cost is about 11,000 gil per piece. So depending on the server played the cost of this stage varies. So at 11k a pop the 30,000 alexandrite will cost a whopping 330,000,000 gil. So between buying and gathering there are some options.

Option 1 – Farm Dynamis every day hopefully netting 400 coins per run, and selling the coins at an overall average of 7500 gil ea (that is the average on most servers it seems) it would take about 128 days to buy your alex. That is still less than the overall time for assaults hint hint.

Option 2 – farm only Salvage and buy nothing. Salvage is a daily event so if you are able to net say 100 alex from salvage you would be looking at 300 days of just salvage. This is not recommended! We are looking at doubling the time it takes to make the weapon.

Option 3 – A mix of the two first options this would reduce the time taken to 85ish days.

Option 4 – Mix and match! This is the best option, run dyna, run salvage, use other funds but do what you need to do to not BURN OUT that is the biggest thing with mythic builders is that they grind so hard they almost always take a long break shortly after the mythic is done. Take it easy! Relax, and enjoy the game! As long as you do assaults before you max out on tags you have 175 days to do it.

It has already been mentions what could be done to make this process simpler:
    More ways/Greater amount of Ichor
    Change in Imperial Tag system
    30k Alex is not that bad, but maybe having more of it drop from salvages would be nice.
    Removing the 6 person requirement from Einherjar .. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do this, Last night we got people together and someone decided they didn't want to split the cost last second and left us and we nearly lost our reservation. If there must be minimum amount of players greater then 1 I would suggest 2-3. But 1 would be optimal.

This really just says again what has been said before. I am currently working on my first mythic, I'll be done as soon as I have my ichor and tokens.

One part of the quest that never made sense to me and really just seemed to be there to push time was redoing all 50 assaults. I think it would kind of be fun to get the journals with some of the assaults randomly done, so that you had to do lets say 25 random assaults. vice all 50 ... doubt that could be done, but if you are captian's rank you had to do all 50 assaults, so having to "prove" you did all 50 should be as easy as showing that rat my shiney rank badge.
    (2)
    Last edited by Rubicant82; 05-14-2014 at 03:31 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast