Thread: Delve 1.0

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Delve 1.0

So I took a short break because I was pissed off about there being very little relevant conten with the advent of SoA and all its ilvl crap, but before I left I built a Speleogen Bow, and fully upgraded it, thinking it would last long enough for me to someday build an annhilator. Imagine my surprise when I came back and found a bow I'd invested millions of gil into, being virtually worthless. WTF is going on with you people?

I have a suggestion, raise the item levels on our delve 1 weapons and armor to 119, and treat them like they are half way upraded, or let us recycle them for the plasm, either way this verticle progression has to end after you let us reforge our empy armor, so you can concentrate on giving us some meaningful content. Part of which would be a questline telling us exactly why we are fighting each delve
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by predatory View Post
    So I took a short break because I was pissed off about there being very little relevant conten with the advent of SoA and all its ilvl crap, but before I left I built a Speleogen Bow, and fully upgraded it, thinking it would last long enough for me to someday build an annhilator. Imagine my surprise when I came back and found a bow I'd invested millions of gil into, being virtually worthless. WTF is going on with you people?

I have a suggestion, raise the item levels on our delve 1 weapons and armor to 119, and treat them like they are half way upraded, or let us recycle them for the plasm, either way this verticle progression has to end after you let us reforge our empy armor, so you can concentrate on giving us some meaningful content. Part of which would be a questline telling us exactly why we are fighting each delve
    They've made it apparent that the cap will be 119 for a while at very least, so no fear on that front. So far as your bow I can't say your argument holds much water, I mean you left for what I can assume is 6+ months from your statement, which to me means you're basically complaining that since you left the weapon you invested millions into is now worth hundreds of k if that, which I understand, but it's not all too dissimilar to a SAM coming back and complaining their Hagun is worthless. A Plasm refund of some sort would be nice, but that's about the extent of what I see them doing, upgrading the gear in general would be nice but I doubt they'd do it since the new Delve has it's own gear unlike Skirmish for instance which upgraded the previous gear while having none of it's own.
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

get a new bow and move on, like everyone else. when you got that weapon you allready saw that ilvl 119 weapons were on the way (boss drops from delve 1.0) it should have been clear to you that in some months there would be a bow with ilvl 119 surpassing yours, thats where your logic failed.
    (4)

4. 04-22-2014 09:00 AM

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    get a new bow and move on, like everyone else. when you got that weapon you allready saw that ilvl 119 weapons were on the way (boss drops from delve 1.0) it should have been clear to you that in some months there would be a bow with ilvl 119 surpassing yours, thats where your logic failed.
    How is that failed logic? Why should I assume that current boss levels will be next weeks norm? Who even thinks like that anyway? I'll get a new bow, but I've learned my lesson about delve gear.
    (1)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    How is that failed logic? Why should I assume that current boss levels will be next weeks norm? Who even thinks like that anyway? I'll get a new bow, but I've learned my lesson about delve gear.
    you got the bow from delve 1.0 which allready had ilvl 119 weapons and the bow was clearly under that lvl. it was clear that they would introduce all weapon types at ilvl 119 in a matter of time. i had a sword too from delve 1.0 fully upgraded which i trashed. I would agree with your bitchign if it were a Relic/Mythic/Empy weapon but its not, its a ilvl 113 delve 1.0 weapon. so trash it and move on.
    (2)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    you got the bow from delve 1.0 which allready had ilvl 119 weapons and the bow was clearly under that lvl. it was clear that they would introduce all weapon types at ilvl 119 in a matter of time. i had a sword too from delve 1.0 fully upgraded which i trashed. I would agree with your bitchign if it were a Relic/Mythic/Empy weapon but its not, its a ilvl 113 delve 1.0 weapon. so trash it and move on.
    you're funny, that means there's absolutely no reason to do half the content of the first half of this expansion, the only things relevant at this point are skirmishes for armor to upgrade and accessories. This is the first time in the history of this game that new content is obsolete while an expansion is still being put together, and this is what? Groovy and somehow a good thing? Have you lost your fucking mind? There is no reason for parts of this expansion to be obsolete just yet
    (2)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Your own words in another thread betray you:

What about doing things you do have time to? If they take away everything that takes time to do, or time to set up for people who don't allow themselves time to play, (yes I did say allow yourself time to play, because people make their own choices about what to do with their time), there will be nothing to do for those of us who genuinely enjoy playing the game. If you're of the mindset that everything has to be doable quickly, then you've missed the point of playing an mmo. these are games you Can't win, they're designed for long term enjoyment, and if you don't like playing the game enough to mak time to do things, then you should find a new game or genre of game to play. Maybe minecraft or FFXIV are more to your tastes?

Games do not stand the test of time if everything can be done in minutes. Period end of story. WoW is still alive, but hemorraging people after all the years it's been around, so is FFXI. The rest of the MMOs I can think of go f2p in a couple of years. So from what I can see the games that take awhile to get things going, last far longer than those that offer instant gratification.
    (4)

Player
    you're funny, that means there's absolutely no reason to do half the content of the first half of this expansion, the only things relevant at this point are skirmishes for armor to upgrade and accessories. This is the first time in the history of this game that new content is obsolete while an expansion is still being put together, and this is what? Groovy and somehow a good thing? Have you lost your fucking mind? There is no reason for parts of this expansion to be obsolete just yet
    The reason why is because this expansion took more of an Abyssea like stance when it came to raising the cap, increasing our levels in increments rather than all at one time. If all of Abyssea were an expansion together and had done put the cap at 99 from the start it wouldn't have been any different because half the gear would have been in the upper 70s and lower 80s while Heroes would've been focused on 90s. Adoulin came out with Delve which was bad originally because of the 119 cap it originally gave, finally we caught up to that point with the rest of the content but originally it did start at 100~110 gear with the Coalition gear and original Delve gear. Only recently have we hit this level of 119 becoming a commonality. The reason that the other expansions didn't actually outdated their own gear is they were all basically made for level 75 cap, this expansion raised it's cap in the middle of it and created new gear at that level.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    Wow, owned.
    (0)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    Not at all, the posts you pointed to were about time to do content, and my suggestion to SE had nothing to do with time, it was all about gil consumed for items that were outdated after people spent millions of gil making them. If it were just about time you wouldn't have seen me whining about them. Did you see any mention of the coalition gear or skirmish gear being outdated? No because all those take to make are time. What I was talking about was the gear that costs virtually millions of gear that are worthless now. So no my other posts didn't betray me at all, if I were QQing because it took time to build them, then your reply would be vailid
    (1)
    Last edited by predatory; 04-23-2014 at 01:53 AM. Reason: To be nicer in my reply

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast