Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Ballista Discussion

Right, so there are probably a few of these threads alive out there somewhere, but I hardly feel like trying to find them.

I'd like to start off my rant about how SquareEnix decided to allow Ballista Points to be purchasable via RoE NPC for Vouchers. Seriously? Don't put a bandaid over the issue that Ballista got kicked to the curb.

Implement an actual fix. Add something to Ballista for the competitive community for once. I understand Monstrosity is there, but look at how dead the competitive side of that is already.

-----

Some ideas worth mentioning that may have already been mentioned many times before:

1) Scale the rewards up
    2) Add new Records of Eminence options relating to PvP
    3) Leave the annoying iLv100~119 to Diorama
    (Nobody wants to have a Sudden Death match for Official one)

4) Don't even need to add PvP specific gear or anything, but if you do, great!
    5) It's about time we had another Ballista Royale, which Server is the better PvPer?
    6) Addition of an NPC in the Diorama Ghelsba Hut area who holds gil admitions for those who want to go head to head in a 1v1 for gil

-----

Feel free to give me some feedback on my ideas. Also if you guys have things to share, Ballista-related, post videos, stories, or ideas here guys.
    (3)

Character
    Wolfeater
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Hi, I for one love the fact you brought up ballista, I'm still sour royale was a one time deal, I remember when diorama hit cap and so did brenner when that was released, awesome sauce indeed, so what happened? Ppl got bored of lack of variety I believe. My solution to ballista is unique items only gained through ballista, but not so easily, one would have to move up in a ranking system gradually for some kind of great prize(s) also items able to be purchased (can I haz stars cap?) yes this but also let's have More areas to rumble in or practice in, sky would be great for instance or sanctuary of zitah, let's get some life out of these unused zones and battle it out to the bitter end...of the match, hehe. I'm very passionate about the subject!

Please SE/Devs/Moderators please use the magic B word, say it all day long until we get an update, B-ALLISTA!

No but seriously, does anyone besides me get tired of killing legions of crabs bats leeches lizards, I mean c'mon, have we not outsmarted AI enough? Wouldnt you like to go against something a bit smarter, like, a human? buh? No? -rolls eyes-
    (1)
    Last edited by Sayomi; 05-15-2014 at 02:30 PM.

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I'm hoping this isn't the case, but I do recall SquareEnix saying they won't be touching anything regarding Ballista/Brenner content, which is quite a let down. I stand firm with what I said before, it's time that the competitive community. They keep giving and giving to the people who do nothing, but End-game(mind you I personally have no problem with this or that part of the community). It's just that we're all here because something in the game we enjoy. Now Ballista is gone and dead. What is there left for the competitive types? Please don't tell me Monstrosity.... Because that content flat out died not long after implementation.

As for the new PvP zones, I cannot agree more with you.... I've always wanted to cross swords with other players in the snowy lands of the Valdeaunia region, or struggle against the heat in the desert of Altep while also fending off enemy players.

We're not asking for much from SquareEnix, just some love and affection like they gave the End-game community. Create a section in RoE for PvP, give us a way to enjoy PvP while being able to progress still. Simple solution. You have hardcore player content, you have casual player content. What we lack is PvP content now.
    (1)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Still shocked that a someone hasn't even given some feedback on if the Dev.Team can squeeze in some Ballista adjustments every now and then.
    (0)

Character
    Wolfeater
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Ok for all those interested, Ballista has resumed on the Quetz Server, mostly during JP hours, but I'll be making a BallistaLS that will constantly host Diorama/Brenner as well as Official cap/60 cap ballista whenever humanly possible. This is the best I can do, since devs have been so unresponsive to actual PvP and have tried to divert it into monsters killing people, and god knows what else will come rolling out, but for those just interested in beating one another to a pulp, come on over, my name is Zha, i'll be your host, <3

My Goal: to rekindle Ballista, or get Devs to pay attention, I mean honestly doesn't anyone get bored of grinding the same old mobs over and over for gear to grind the same mobs over and over? I mean I rather improve my gear to take out more people in ballista no? I guess thats just personal preferance.

Seriously Square Enix Developers, just one ballista update just One (1) UNO, you have updated mainstream content so many times, whats the worst that could happen? Another monstrosity?
    (0)
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    United States Postal Service Postmaster

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raka View Post
    Please don't tell me Monstrosity.... Because that content flat out died not long after implementation.
    It's only dying because SE has been ignoring it. There is SO much potential in Monstrosity. I've gone on at length about battle depth, MON V MON fights, MON integration into past and current content and theoretical reward systems many times on this forum. What's clear to me is all the major things that Monstrosity needs to truly explode in popularity are STILL missing 9 months later.

Events and other content only die because SE lets them. I only have to point to SE's constant resuscitation attempts of reives to show that. Even Garrison would still be "alive" if SE gave it relevant or reasonable rewards
    (0)
    Last edited by Mefuki; 05-21-2014 at 11:00 PM.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cfpeJGwi2KhQjNvCkk5Cg

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Yes, It's Ballista Ideas gone wild again! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Mefuki View Post
    It's only dying because SE has been ignoring it. There is SO much potential in Monstrosity. I've gone on at length about battle depth, MON V MON fights, MON integration into past and current content and theoretical reward systems many times on this forum. What's clear to me is all the major things that Monstrosity needs to truly explode in popularity are STILL missing 9 months later.
    I've even got the fact from players minds on monstrosity that it's not rewarding, there is nothing rewarding about it and it has been said by quite a few players to me when I have done monstrosity. They basically stated doing the work of I-Level gears is way more rewarding then doing some brenner, ballista, or Monstrosity match. How about making some ballista matches that actually say past 75 - 99 or even include some I-Level gear players vs I-Level Gears player matches inside those events and who knows, you could do player + trust npc's vs. another player and there trust npc's. I wouldn't mind trying out a ballista match in like Outer Ra'Kazner or some abdoulin area's suitable for it. I do love the sky area ideas, specially for PvP Chocobo racing events too.

The other factor that can think of as to why they wouldn't want to touch it is because people would get so mad or peed off at one another by participating and FFXI-SE would get the tail end of it from those who complained about it from I assume being defeated several times in a row.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 05-21-2014 at 08:26 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    People will complain reguardless if they got pummelled all the time or not. Though part of the reason why some might and did back in the day is the gear that's good vs monsters isn't exactly good against players. That and blue mages would be stupidly over powered. Wouldn't want an event where that was possible again...
    (0)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Asking for some love with PvP content is like breaking their arm or something since they tend to ignore this section of the crowd. As much as I'd love to move to Quetz. to PvP...simply just can't do it right now. If only could have a single server for PvP fans, etc. to duke it out. :/ I'm even shocked still SquareEnix refuses to give us some sort of response. This thread has been up for a month now. Are we all not entitled to get something out of the game we've supported for so many years? It can't be that much work to give Ballista something rewarding or allow the use of Ballista points to be exchanged for stuff like Plasm or Bayld or whatever....

Simply some actual fix and not a bandaid like you just used by allowing Vouchers to be exchanged for Ballista Points. Come on now, please. ~.~
    (0)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Well, here I found my thread completely neglected, again! Silly Square Enix! Come on, let's get some Ballista-love!
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast