Requiem for a requiem...

Once upon a time a lonely bard rejoiced for he had found a song that could bring an enemy to his knees in time. In time, the song-like its old foes-ceased to be relevant. Despite learning new, more powerful versions of the song, equipping instruments that made the song ever more biting, and gaining skill to overcome the strongest of resistance, the song failed to work.

Seems some idiot gave every high-level mob and NM noise-cancelling headphones!

Honestly, could I get like a Requiem skill +20 instrument or something so the song could even land?! I had 1-YES 1-song that could do any damage and it might as well have been removed from the game at about level 55, and that's with me having +60 charisma, requiem+ gear and capped skills. Seriously, what did I do, kill your dog or something? I'm just asking for a piddling little DoT that isn't even as powerful as Bio II and has no additional effect, is that too much to ask?
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    lol, i like the style of your post but agree with your message... it would be awesome if i could get my highest tier requiem to land without such grief.
    (0)

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    give us back requiem to his full splendor!!!

^^
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

It's not that you can't land Requiem because of lack of MACC, it's because almost nearly every NM is immune to it. Also, +#'s on instruments don't give MACC. ^___^
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Lushipur View Post
    give us back requiem to his full splendor!!!

^^
    splendor? it sucked to begin with, but it was what we had, no we don't even have it...

Quote Originally Posted by Alkalinehoe View Post
    It's not that you can't land Requiem because of lack of MACC, it's because almost nearly every NM is immune to it. Also, +#'s on instruments don't give MACC. ^___^
    yeah, I know the Requiem+ doesn't make it land any more often, that's why I said Requiem Skill, as in something that specifically does overcome resistance.

I think all of this is a product of that C skill instrument/singing synergystic thing not reaching the A level most casting jobs have in their primary skill that helps THEM overcome resistance. Bard just getting no love on the design front...

and where are they picking our outfits from, a drag bar at a bad Renesaince Fair?
    (0)

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    i was sarcastic...having a "new" song to sing is cool, but i'm not dieing for it :P
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.