Character
    Reaublade
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 1

Sorry, but I have to ask...

Given the ease of which adequate equipment can be obtained these days, is there really any point in bothering with crafting anymore? It has been some time since I last played, so forgive me if the answer is glaringly obvious
    (0)

Crafting is in a pretty sad state. There's still a money item here or there, but most of the good gear comes from R/Ex stuff. I made a note of it here.

Its not far and away dead, but its a bit more of a sad state than it was way back when, like the era of 76-99, most money comes from consumables :x
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Crafting is in a pretty sad state. There's still a money item here or there, but most of the good gear comes from R/Ex stuff. I made a note of it here.

Its not far and away dead, but its a bit more of a sad state than it was way back when, like the era of 76-99, most money comes from charging BSTs an arm and a leg for jugs/food
    Fixed that for you.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    The biggest use I find for having crafts leveled is to be able to make those crafted only items that no one makes most the time because they are only needed for a few things...like various trade in items or the few useable abjurations left. Or the ones that suddenly become common and super gouged like how the new jse upgrade items did.

Part of the deadness comes from making most the good crafted stuff have items that are basically just as hard or harder to get than the ra/ex equivalent/upgrade. On top of rare ingredients (alot of which are now needed to upgrade reforged relic) they usually are t0 crafts at that.

Now back in the day this sorta worked. People would camp wyrms to make Dragon Harness among other reasons but we also had alot more people grouped together and since we had repeatidly been told there would be no level cap changes and the gear progression had been mostly sidegrades or unique maccro stats so dropping a bunch of gil into something like that made sense. Nowadays we get another full armor set or 2 for each job that is full of stat vomit making most of them fairly comparable to each other and alot of them effectively full time peices. There is little gil value in something you know has many similar equivalents you already have and quite possibly will be outdated soon. And the fear of the next ilvl update.

They really need to make the materials easier to get, make the recipes T1able and make the nqs okish like say ilvl 118ish and the hqs at least as good as the best ilvl 119s.
    (0)

Character
    Darwena
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Equipment also won't sell often. Peoples level up lv1-99 in few day. No one bother to buy good gears when you can level naked in abyssea now. Only stuff you can sell now is ingredient, quest items or consumable stuff.
    (0)

If it bleeds, I can kill it.
    If it doesn't bleeds...
    I can probably kill it too.

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Along with good luck finding somethings on the AH that you want/need for a craft that isn't something people don't use everyday. I would sell crafting items if they actually sold before they end up in my dbox.
    (1)