(0)

My blood type? oh! coffee of course!

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I think just about the only thing I ever see "RNG ONLY" for is Ark Angel fights at Difficult or Very Difficult levels. Everything else still seems pretty egalitarian. I don't know how it is that Rangers are able to get past the accuracy problems that seem to plague other DD on these fights, but they do.
    (0)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    I think just about the only thing I ever see "RNG ONLY" for is Ark Angel fights at Difficult or Very Difficult levels. Everything else still seems pretty egalitarian. I don't know how it is that Rangers are able to get past the accuracy problems that seem to plague other DD on these fights, but they do.
    Gear, skill, food, and job abilities
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I think just about the only thing I ever see "RNG ONLY" for is Ark Angel fights at Difficult or Very Difficult levels. Everything else still seems pretty egalitarian. I don\\'t know how it is that Rangers are able to get past the accuracy problems that seem to plague other DD on these fights, but they do.
    On shiva, Rangers are #1 choice for all content that requires a party, with the exception of morimar and yorcia delves. Okay, not skirmishes either, but even my blu was declined an invite to that because I wasn't a mnk or rng.

Do other mmo's have this problem?
    (0)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    This whole fucking discussion is retarded, both the op's idea, and the one who wanted rng removed from the job. It takes like 2.6 seconds to level a job to 99 and fully merit it, there are no race restrictions or anything else standing in you way but your own goddamn laziness. If you wanna do shit than level something people fucking want, or quit your damn whining. I have rng, brd, pld, dnc and thf at cap. Wanna do stuff? Then get out an do it.

They have made this game so easy over the years that a 3 year old "special" baby could play it, so I'm pretty sure you guys can too.

I hate sounding like this but fuck this is retarded
    (0)

Character
    Presidentobama
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennotsukai View Post
    On shiva, Rangers are #1 choice for all content that requires a party, with the exception of morimar and yorcia delves. Okay, not skirmishes either, but even my blu was declined an invite to that because I wasn't a mnk or rng.

Do other mmo's have this problem?
    I like the Skirmish. This is one event I can take my Sch and be a melee DD. And 8/10 times I am top DD on NM's.

I do agree though many jobs need a buff. Blm, Blu, Drk, Sam, Drg "using a def down toy does not equal worthwhile" Nin, Rdm, War. All need something. Espicaily BLm and SCH if we are talking about nuking power.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimjongil View Post
    I do agree though many jobs need a buff. Blm, Blu, Drk, Sam, Drg "using a def down toy does not equal worthwhile" Nin, Rdm, War. All need something. Espicaily BLm and SCH if we are talking about nuking power.
    A lot needs to change, but we all know the first step towards making changes is acknowledging that there is a problem. That's where SE fails horribly. It is not fun or rewarding at all to be on your favorite job and to have to change to something else to do content you want to do. Sadly, that's the situation for most of the jobs in the game atm.

According to SE, nukers are in a "good place" right now, whatever that's supposed to mean. I won't go through the Community Reps' posts to find it (it was sort of recent), but apparently they consider magic attack "fixed" because you can spam tier 1 spells and do damage that way without running out of MP. Not only is this short-sighted and insulting, it didn't even fix anything.

The caster fixes are insulting because the current situation of spamming tier 1 is equivalent to forcing a melee job to use an Onion Sword/Onion Dagger to deal damage with Fast Blade/Wasp Sting in Adoulin content. No one leveled their BLM, SCH, RDM, GEO to 99 and geared it so they can cast level 1-20 spells. Also, there isn't enough Magic Acc in the game to make a nuker feasible in any D/VD fights, nor is it reasonable to stack it just for your nukes to land, because then they won't do worthwhile damage. Something needs to change. Lower tier III-V and AoE spells' MP costs a ton, shorten cast/recast times, boost innate Magic Acc a lot, stop making everything immune to magic, stop making everything explode or "Supernal Chapuli" when the wrong magic is cast on it, and/or drastically lower enmity from spells. There are a billion different ways to fix the jobs, but the the devs don't understand the game enough.
    (3)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Wasn't it just like 4 months ago that Monks were the whipping boys of the melee world?
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelyus View Post
    FFXI has 22 jobs, why make only 4 really count?
    (PLD WHM BRD RNG) with maybe a little of MNK & COR?
    Is it possible to make game content accessible to all jobs?
    So people don't ask only for RNG all the times?
    Please explain what content is not accessible to those other 18 jobs.
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Wasn't it just like 4 months ago that Monks were the whipping boys of the melee world?
    They still are whipping boys in the melee world. H2H+ skill increases Mnk dmg far beyond that of other melee jobs. They also have high ass HP and formless strikes. Only reason not to use a Mnk would be if you needed a paladin. Then, you would require Ranger's hateless and highly accurate damage. At least, SE made Yorcia Delve that I never see anyone go into.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast