Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    This is not a "design flaw", this is just how our society works. Everyone play/work with like minded people.

I also never understand the logic behind "solo is da best" in a MMORPG. That's precisely the main reason why none of the current gen MMORPG doesn't last for longer than 3 months.
    I never advocated "solo is da best" as you say. I'm pointing out a severe design flaw in recent endgame content that only enables certain jobs to make any sort of progress.

And "this is how society works"? So much for "community" in an MMO, eh? Thank you very much for proving my point.
    (8)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post

2. The shouter is notorious on the server.
    So much truth in this one.
    (0)

Character
    Hitori
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    suggestion to delve
    add difficulty setting
    very easy - current 6 man content
    easy - current 12 man content
    normal - current 18 man content
    of course adjust the reward accordingly less drops and less plasm at easier difficulty.
    This would make it much easier for people who have yet to clear the content.
    (1)

Why not keep rewards the same for 6-person runs and increase the plasm for bigger groups? Why must things always gravitate towards punishing players/making things less rewarding and appealing? Do you really think decreasing mega boss plasm to 10-20k will make people run Delve 3 times as much to compensate? Did making relics useless at the start of the expansion motivate people to explore Adoulin blissfully for new weapons? For many, it will once again be the straw that broke the camel's back, but the game cannot take one more mass exodus.

With so few players left in the game, Delve needs to be changed so that duos and trios can accomplish things, much like Abyssea was after a while. Imagine if it took 6 people with the perfect setup and a stunbot SCH to beat any of the Empy item NMs. Let's just say there wouldn't have been enough players left from Abyssea for Adoulin to have been made.
    (10)

Quote Originally Posted by AppropriateName5786 View Post
    Why not keep rewards the same for 6-person runs and increase the plasm for bigger groups? Why must things always gravitate towards punishing players/making things less rewarding and appealing? Do you really think decreasing mega boss plasm to 10-20k will make people run Delve 3 times as much to compensate? Did making relics useless at the start of the expansion motivate people to explore Adoulin blissfully for new weapons? For many, it will once again be the straw that broke the camel's back, but the game cannot take one more mass exodus.

With so few players left in the game, Delve needs to be changed so that duos and trios can accomplish things, much like Abyssea was after a while. Imagine if it took 6 people with the perfect setup and a stunbot SCH to beat any of the Empy item NMs. Let's just say there wouldn't have been enough players left from Abyssea for Adoulin to have been made.
    God no, quit and go play hello kitty online already.
    (3)

Hello Kitty Online is notoriously grindy though...
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Most people just watch for the TP charge animation and stun. It's not hard. Have you ever tried it?
    Looking for the "red lines" is easy, I'll give you that. But take into consideration the fact these bosses SPAM TP moves. What happens if your Stun timer is still down and Tojil uses Incinerating Lahar?

Game over.....

Checkmate.
    (5)
    Last edited by Siviard; 04-18-2014 at 05:19 AM. Reason: proper punctuation to prevent grammar nazi rage

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    This is really why 6-man Delve was a terrible idea, and even though I supported the idea at the time I now look back on it as the terrible idea it was. It only allowed people to reject even more players from the content and since the update I've been basically excluded from these runs personally because now no one even needs my job. Before people took not only more people but more jobs, it was common on Phoenix to take a mix of DRK, WAR, SAM, MNK, DRG, WHM, BRD, COR, SCH, GEO, and RDM. I was always the RDM in this setup and proud to do so because I finally had a use for my main again without having to bug others for an invite. However even with that being said we've moved to the point where parties go with MNK, DRK, DRG, BRD, WHM, and SCH only, and really the DRK & DRG are fairly rare. I've not seen 1 normal shout for an 18 man run at the new zones since release. I've been in 4 Tojil parties in 2 and a half months. The change was disastrous and it's all due to the very thing you're talking about.
    This is just people being idiots. The difference between 6 man and 7 man is 5% HP. Can you, as an unsupported RDM (or BLM, or SCH or SMN) deal 5% damage via nuking or through providing some other tangible benefit? Nuking BLM/SCH/RDM/SMN are probably the only jobs you can stick into the 7th slot and completely ignore their existence for the rest of the run. They don't need any support and even with the gimpest ilevel gear should do more then 5% HP worth of damage.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    This is just people being idiots. The difference between 6 man and 7 man is 5% HP. Can you, as an unsupported RDM (or BLM, or SCH or SMN) deal 5% damage via nuking or through providing some other tangible benefit? Nuking BLM/SCH/RDM/SMN are probably the only jobs you can stick into the 7th slot and completely ignore their existence for the rest of the run. They don't need any support and even with the gimpest ilevel gear should do more then 5% HP worth of damage.
    The fact I can deal good DMG from the 7th slot is the only reason I've been in the 4 runs I have been, but the fact of the matter is still that people simply don't take the job normally. The amount of accepted jobs went from around 12 to around 6 in 1 update when it comes to old Delve and new Delve only has 5 so far as I know, SAM, RNG, PLD, BRD, COR. I understand that people can fill a 7th role like RDM it's just a matter of if people will let it, the sad truth is that most of the time the answer is no.
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Siviard View Post
    Looking for the "red lines" is easy, I'll give you that. But take into consideration the fact these bosses SPAM TP moves. What happens if your Stun timer is still down and Tojil uses Incinerating Lahar?

Game over.....

Checkmate.
    Thunderstorm Alacrity, use up all your charges, pop Tabula Rasa (you should have the Argute +2 legs or higher to get 3:30 TR), then use up all your charges from there. Hopefully you got Marches.

You can also bring /RUN to take down the aura so that Lahar is locked out. Nukes help too, and you'd be surprised how much you can contribute.

You can also bring more than one SCH.

Bosses always do 1 regular attack between TP moves, and that's your chance to Alacrity. The biggest danger is stunning a weak spell by accident. Also, you know the move is coming so there's no reason not to be ready.

Really, I know people from all systems who have successfully played SCH for us, either in Legion or in Delve. Depending on lag or your connection, you might not be able to chat log stun, but anybody can stun TP charging animation.

Remember, if we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.
    (1)

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast