Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

May Version Update

Hello Dev Team,

There are somethings I would like to be addressed and added to May's Version Update:

Availability of Alexandrites:

I can understand incorporating a stipulation of 30,000 alexandrites to makes this a challenge, but with today's method of acquiring is extremely time consuming. I would like to see more ways for us to collect more alexandrites in a reasonable, timely manner. Whether if its increasing the drop amount or incorporating a weakness system like dynamis/abyssea/VWs so we can collect from each monster we fight.

Availability of Heavy Metal Plates:
    I do see an increase in single HMPs from VWs. Which is a start in the right direction. However, I would like to see it where we don't have to rely too much on VW NMs. See if you can incorporate single HMPs on NMs such as Glavoid, Kukulkan, Cirein-croin, Amphitrite, ect. Design it where the drop rate percentage would vary on the difficulty of the NMs with the maximum drop up to 3. That way, it will still require work.

Salvage II Plans availability:
    I know this hasn't come up often, but the Plan drop availability is way to low given that we are only allow to enter Salvage once a day. If lucky, a person can collect up to 6 plans per run. But the requirement to upgrade equipment is 40 or 50 plans per piece. That is very time consuming. Please consider increasing the availability of plans per run. Granted I know we are in the age of ilvl 119 armor, I but I will assume one day Salvage armor will be afforded the same privilege of being 119 if it already met the lvl 99 criteria.

Dancer Job abilities:
    I think it's time to add Job Abilities like Sensual Dance, Thorned Stance, and any other useful JAs.

That is a just a small request I am leaving and I want to open the floor to everyone that want to see some significant changes or additions to the next version update.
    (10)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Empy armor reforging, more battlefields, sky gods version 2.0, rank 20 in the starter nations, alliance rank missions through Jueno, Jailers version 2.0, Assault version 2.0, new adoulin quests and missions, new RoE quests, possibly tying the alter egos to the content they came from, and finally on my list for May would have to be adding Empy armor reforging
    (2)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    OP's post is cute.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by predatory View Post
    Empy armor reforging, more battlefields, sky gods version 2.0, rank 20 in the starter nations, alliance rank missions through Jueno, Jailers version 2.0, Assault version 2.0, new adoulin quests and missions, new RoE quests, possibly tying the alter egos to the content they came from, and finally on my list for May would have to be adding Empy armor reforging
    You know, version 2.0 of almost every NM in the game has been done before; it's called Abyssea. Why is FFXI's playerbase so self-loathing that they beg the devs for ridiculously lazy game design that simply involves raising the level on content from 2005 (without so much as a re-skin no less)? They've already re-used CoP fights, RoZ fights, BCNMs, and as mentioned before, sky/sea god models in Abyssea. Have some self-respect and ask for "new content" for once. Delve is a whole other monster.

The fact that the dev team is made up of 1.5 people who have never actually played FFXI is not the players' fault, and until they lower the monthly fee considerably they have no excuse to keep recycling content that we've been done with for ages.
    (6)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AppropriateName5786 View Post
    You know, version 2.0 of almost every NM in the game has been done before; it's called Abyssea. Why is FFXI's playerbase so self-loathing that they beg the devs for ridiculously lazy game design that simply involves raising the level on content from 2005 (without so much as a re-skin no less)? They've already re-used CoP fights, RoZ fights, BCNMs, and as mentioned before, sky/sea god models in Abyssea. Have some self-respect and ask for "new content" for once. Delve is a whole other monster.
    People want to relive the golden age, fighting higher level versions of NMs they used to love to fight as well as fights they used to love to fight in general is one of the ways people do it. I know people who go do CoP or RotZ NMs alone right now, they like to because of the memories but it's not the same, add level increases to them so it takes more people though and a lot of people would probably like that from that time I think.
    (1)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    People want to relive the golden age, fighting higher level versions of NMs they used to love to fight as well as fights they used to love to fight in general is one of the ways people do it. I know people who go do CoP or RotZ NMs alone right now, they like to because of the memories but it's not the same, add level increases to them so it takes more people though and a lot of people would probably like that from that time I think.
    This, those were some great times and some epic battles, and besides that these should never have been outdated with new expansions, an expansion is just that, it expands, when you add onto your house you don't suddenly stop using your kitchen, you incorporate every part of the house. Look at it like this, vanadiel is your home, the expansions are addons to your house, why would you want any part of your home to become useless or insignificant?
    (4)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Every once a while I see people wanting a Mythic or currently building one wants faster alexandrite/requirement done.

I wonder what's their reason to do a mythic to begin with, if they don't enjoy the "long journey to the end" feel and want the process to be faster. There are good weapons that's on par with mythic everywhere.
    (2)

Character
    Ipmann
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnNotice View Post
    Hello Dev Team,

There are somethings I would like to be addressed and added to May's Version Update:

Availability of Alexandrites:

I can understand incorporating a stipulation of 30,000 alexandrites to makes this a challenge, but with today's method of acquiring is extremely time consuming. I would like to see more ways for us to collect more alexandrites in a reasonable, timely manner. Whether if its increasing the drop amount or incorporating a weakness system like dynamis/abyssea/VWs so we can collect from each monster we fight.

Availability of Heavy Metal Plates:
    I do see an increase in single HMPs from VWs. Which is a start in the right direction. However, I would like to see it where we don't have to rely too much on VW NMs. See if you can incorporate single HMPs on NMs such as Glavoid, Kukulkan, Cirein-croin, Amphitrite, ect. Design it where the drop rate percentage would vary on the difficulty of the NMs with the maximum drop up to 3. That way, it will still require work.

Salvage II Plans availability:
    I know this hasn't come up often, but the Plan drop availability is way to low given that we are only allow to enter Salvage once a day. If lucky, a person can collect up to 6 plans per run. But the requirement to upgrade equipment is 40 or 50 plans per piece. That is very time consuming. Please consider increasing the availability of plans per run. Granted I know we are in the age of ilvl 119 armor, I but I will assume one day Salvage armor will be afforded the same privilege of being 119 if it already met the lvl 99 criteria.

Dancer Job abilities:
    I think it's time to add Job Abilities like Sensual Dance, Thorned Stance, and any other useful JAs.

That is a just a small request I am leaving and I want to open the floor to everyone that want to see some significant changes or additions to the next version update.
    as much as i'd like to see alexandrite and HMPs more available in some form or another , i won't be holding my breathe, but as far as the may update if we get the wardrobe and macro enhancements i'll be very very happy.
    (0)

Character
    Johngottii
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by AppropriateName5786 View Post

The fact that the dev team is made up of 1.5 people who have never actually played FFXI is not the players' fault, and until they lower the monthly fee considerably they have no excuse to keep recycling content that we've been done with for ages.
    I wish i could like this post 50 times, the playerbase of late is really making me sick, begging for old fights which we have done over and over for years to be brought back, almost with tears of joy in there eyes and dick in hand begging, it's truely pathetic. New expansion, new content all the way yes please, not farming merits to do content we have beaten 100 times before.
    (5)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by predatory View Post
    This, those were some great times and some epic battles, and besides that these should never have been outdated with new expansions, an expansion is just that, it expands, when you add onto your house you don't suddenly stop using your kitchen, you incorporate every part of the house. Look at it like this, vanadiel is your home, the expansions are addons to your house, why would you want any part of your home to become useless or insignificant?
    Sorry but I can only fight Kirin or the annoying kitty a thousand times before I lose interest and never want to look at them again. That can be said bout many of the fights and gear from 75 you get sick of looking at it that you want something better so it would be worth going after.
    (5)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast