Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

The Reason to why most chocobo riding or Anything chocobo related seems dead anymore!

{{ Plz Note That I have pulled Both the Subjects of Chocobo Raising and Chocobo Abilities Subjected thread topics into my own post of Anything Chocobo Related and changes we like to see be added or fixed for my go into this thread with your ideas for the greater good of the future over the chocobo's. }}

Quote Originally Posted by Nelyus View Post
    Hello!
    I have a problem with chocobo raising!

I have been trying to get a black chocobo for so many years; since chocobo raising first existed! Now I finally got it almost 3 months ago, I took great care to raise it but unluckily she didn't learn her parents abilities, I tried to make her learn but now she will retire in 4 days & I still am unable to let her learn anything, people just won't help me because chocobo raising & chocobo racing seems to be quite dead...

Can we please have a restoring feature to Chocobos so we can learn abilities even after they are retired? & maybe some more interesting features to chocobo racing so that I'm not almost alone to do it?
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by esmrambo View Post
    I am at 0/60 on two characters trying to learn "Burrow."
    I am using "story of a worrisome chocobo."
    My chocobo has better than average discernment and average receptivity.

I have raised chocobos before and i have not had near this much difficulty in learning that trait.
    Is this another intentional inhibit to enjoyment of the game?
    (The Reason to why most chocobo riding or Anything chocobo related seems dead anymore, Plus anything chocobo related topics posted here! <<{this would have been the subject provided i could of thought of way to shorten the amount of words to present the same thread statement to the Subject's Heading.)

Yeah it is mostly outdated or dead since they've made homepoints the new travel system which has put a majority to chocobo riding to anywhere in outsides of vana'diel or the need of raising a chocobo just to travel anywhere on the back burner since homepoint traveling is a less time consuming speedier way to travel these days.

The Chocobo Circuit at one point was thought to be used to give your chocobo learning traits or abilities after retirement at one point but most do not want to deal with the time consuming of staying inside the chocobo circuit for such of an event to watch there chocobo race and only to be there to give the chocobo racing food or such racing items during the event.

The other problem has always been the bidding system inside the chocobo circuit which has always way to difficult to understand the system even with the explanation NPC's present there and always leads to very disappointing results in not worth my time type of ways. This is also why the chocobo circuit is left used for the most part and maybe only has been used for when the mog bonanza event happens to obtain your marbles.
    (1)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Gannon
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    One of the major reasons I never bothered with chocobo breeding was because they were at best, the same speed as the rental ones, slower every other time. Also a single charge on the necklace to summon it costs more than what you'd pay for a rental so that didn't help. If those two were changed, I might be interested in it.
    (6)

To my understanding, after owning your chocobo for awhile, it retires and you can no longer use it. You are forced to raise another if you want your own chocobo to call.

Personally, I see no reason to pour so much time into raising my own choco when it just becomes unusable later. The time/reward balance just isn't there.

If I could raise a choco and keep it to use indefinitely, then I'd consider it. Yes, lore-wise this might not make a lot of sense, but a lot of other things don't make sense either.
    (0)

That is not correct. You don't have to make another just to be able to ride on it in the field areas.
    (1)

Character
    Gannon
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Manque View Post
    To my understanding, after owning your chocobo for awhile, it retires and you can no longer use it.
    Now that's something I didn't know about the system. So make that 3 things to change to get me interested lol.

Edit: I stand corrected based on what Mirage posted before I finished this post.
    (0)
    Last edited by Gannon; 04-14-2014 at 11:52 AM.

Player
    The chocobos dont "retire", ive had mine for 5 years, maybe more, i dont remember when they added them. The choco whistle runs out of charges and you just have to trade it to the NPC in the stables to get a new one. I agree they're becoming kinda obsolete now with homepoint teles and waypoints and VW warps etc...but they're nice to have when you're stranded somewhere w/o warp though! Maybe let us use them in adoulin areas and WoTG ares would rock.
    (0)

Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

My response to those who have responded to the thread and to promote My Replies! LOL

Well going to have to do this under the reply to a quote form as this did not go over well when I copied, cut, and cancelled each reply with quote feature and then went hit respond to thread in the preview mode it showed up as covering up the image's of your characters avatars under and behind your quoted responses and not sure If the forums teams knows of this kind of error when I decided to take a different route in my approach to respond but I just found out about it by the "review post" not letting the post show up in the proper way when I took the different approach.
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Well Thanks for your responses everyone thus far!! :-0 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Manque View Post
    To my understanding, after owning your chocobo for awhile, it retires and you can no longer use it. You are forced to raise another if you want your own chocobo to call.

Personally, I see no reason to pour so much time into raising my own choco when it just becomes unusable later. The time/reward balance just isn't there.

If I could raise a choco and keep it to use indefinitely, then I'd consider it. Yes, lore-wise this might not make a lot of sense, but a lot of other things don't make sense either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    That is not correct. You don't have to make another just to be able to ride on it in the field areas.
    >Right, you still get to use the same chocobo after you've raised it into retirement but you made sure to of obtained the whistle while you we're raising it into it's final young adult stages before it reached the retirement adulthood stage and you still get to call forth the same chocobo as long as the charges remain on the Chocobo Whistle but i am totally not sure if they changed the ability to still call it forth after you have dropped your chocobo whistle when it's been put out into the chocobo retirement stables pasture or not.

Hey Gannon i'm not sure if you know about the information i'm going to tell you but replenishing one used charge is pretty cheap to recover but if you keep using the charges then the cost after each of the charges just keeps going up, up and up until it is as you say about it being more expensive than renting a chocobo but if you just keep it replenished after 1 charge or well kinda on 2 charges it remains on the cheaper side of the costing belt. I bet if you add up every time you rented a chocobo for the price it could possibly be kind of be the same price as the charges on the chocobo whistle.

After all, we all know how the prices of rental chocobo's can really fluctuate in their pricing; I mean there was a time I can remember in the past when renting chocobo's became 2k, 3k and all the way up to 9 to 10k or better but it was due to a glitch, hacker or RMT at the time that happened to which SE/the Dev team was some how notified of the error over renting chocobos and even renting them at the teleporting crystal's\tele-craigs but after the long periods of the issue they eventually went to working in addressing the issue at hand and personally apologized for the error to its subscribers.
    (0)

Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Ang View Post
    The chocobos dont "retire", ive had mine for 5 years, maybe more, i dont remember when they added them. The choco whistle runs out of charges and you just have to trade it to the NPC in the stables to get a new one. I agree they're becoming kinda obsolete now with homepoint teles and waypoints and VW warps etc...but they're nice to have when you're stranded somewhere w/o warp though! Maybe let us use them in adoulin areas and WoTG ares would rock.
    Thank you for your wonderful response Ang which just furthers confirms more on what I was attempting to say in my response below which I wish I would have included your response into my reply with quote before i posted it.
    (0)

Character
    Gannon
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Even if you do that to make them cost almost the same, there is still the issue of raised birds not always being the same speed as rental birds. Frankly the birds need to be at worst, the same speed as rentals and at best, faster than rentals.
    (3)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast