Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Yeah it should by now be free or at least cheap at first then free (again if you don't neglect the poor dear). You know, incentives.
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    One of the major reasons I never bothered with chocobo breeding was because they were at best, the same speed as the rental ones, slower every other time. Also a single charge on the necklace to summon it costs more than what you'd pay for a rental so that didn't help. If those two were changed, I might be interested in it.
    I buy up these when I see them on the AH to make it cheaper: http://www.ffxiah.com/item/2366/whistle-coupon

Also its more convenient to be able to call choco anywhere. Don't use BlueBlitzer much anymore. They should make raised chocos have base speed of rentals and allow them to get FASTER if you raise them right. Also they should be able to be used in the past and in Adoulin
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

What do you think if they added this feature from the FFXIV movie Clip for Chocobo's?

I was wondering what you would all think if SE made FFXI chocobo's the Ability to actually fly or where eventually given the wings to fly and move at a faster pace then a chocobo run or walks? {my lil story of the idea I had came from is just below}

Like those mini islands if you go far enough in the right direction of Bubamaru whereas if the chocobo's could fly, they would be able to take that leap across that small section by flying. I'd like to see SE do something with those lil spect's of islands that are just totally graphical and that is it atm to what they are there for.

I think this could be a way for SE to fix getting to the isle that stands alone at the edge of Batallia Downs instead of through Eldieme Necropolis with the ability added to chocobo's into flying, they could simply ride the chocobo to the edge jump up and fly across to the isle and not to mention you could have another way to enter the Eldieme Necropolis from another area by flying you avoided the pesky switches in the Eldieme Necropolis you would of had to take otherwise!

I like to think of FFXIV as if it once was the land of Vana'diel but many years past well it was in a total peaceful slumber and the races changed somewhat but mainly like to see the chocobo conversions of ffxi as if they grew up in ffxi without the ability to fly but eventually learned how as the years passed in to 14.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 05-08-2014 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Just thought about adding in a bit about The Eldieme Necropolis area above ground!
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Asking the community rep. Camate a Question?

What do think of this thread over possible changes to chocobo's thus far Camate?
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 05-08-2014 at 04:24 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Taking on and reposting on comments made from the Quality Of Life thread response.

This really should have been posted here anyways thus I have done the honors personally of moving it here personally myself. Evogolist & Elqplau If you two have any more ideas on Chocobo's you like to add please by all means add to this thread please.

Quote Originally Posted by Evogolist View Post
    Here's some more from me

5)Chocobo Raising/Racing Chocobo breeding and racing gives me the biggest headache. Why? Because you have so little control over the chocobo that you bred and worked hard to raise. Starting with breeding a chocobo, everyone has a yellow chocobo chick until it reaches it adolescent stage where you begin to see the colors of its feathers. The frustrating part of this is, you have to be careful of what you feed you chick if you're going for a certain color. What makes this worse is the chances of receiving a blue/black/red/green chocobo are pretty much very slim. And what happened to the white chocobo? What is SE racist against Albino Chocobos? I mean it's in the dats, so why can't we get one? Suggestion, SE please make it easier to obtain a blue/black/red/green chocobo without having to buy and raise 20-30 eggs. Moving into Chocobo Racing. Why was this even introduced if we weren't even going to have any form of control over our chocobos? What makes it worse is that the rewards aren't even worthwhile. Suggestion, Give us a reason to explore and actually enjoy this content. Allow us to have more control over what our chocobo does (ie: sprinting, items used by the jockey riding our chocobos). And introduce items worth doing to content for such as items that allow you to permanently increase your chocobo's stats or allow to increase their movement speed when riding them. SE brings in some great content, but then either doesn't execute it right or just lets it fade into obscurity.

I'll probably have some more suggestions later, but that's what I could think of at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by elqplau View Post
    I've been raising chocobos since that update long ago..... ive made racers and diggers ive mixed and matched different colors the best i've been able to get was pale green with gold wing tips ....food color doesn't matter or ud have a few orange and a lot more green ones i've raised over 70 chocos through the years
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 05-15-2014 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Left last part of comment on in the transfer from one thread into another which is into this thread and updated on what I typed first before pasting it in the transfer to here!

Character
    Elqplau
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    At one time i had a total of eight plaques in the mh ive seen no difference in the results ive gotten
    (0)

Things I'd like to be able to do with my Chocobo.

1) Being able to call him/her on the field as a pet that followed me around and performed emotes like Wyverns do.

2) While personally I don't have much interest in calling it for battle probably many players would like that, specially if combat stats/abilities could be influenced by the raising/breeding process.

3) Have more quests involving your Chocobo

4) Being able to have the Chocobos you've raised in a stable in your Mog Garden and being able to raise them there. Also would be nice if you could interact with Chocobos that are already retired.

5) WAY MORE PROMINENT Racing areas and events. With different modes of PvP Chocobo racing*

6) Chocobo customization with gear and ability to change your Chocobo's color at will. And more color options too.
    (4)

Friendly bump, Chocobos FTW.
    (1)

Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

My Future Request over some things I have ideas in the changes needed over chocobo's

Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    Things I'd like to be able to do with my Chocobo.

1) Being able to call him/her on the field as a pet that followed me around and performed emotes like Wyverns do.

2) While personally I don't have much interest in calling it for battle probably many players would like that, specially if combat stats/abilities could be influenced by the raising/breeding process.

3) Have more quests involving your Chocobo

4) Being able to have the Chocobos you've raised in a stable in your Mog Garden and being able to raise them there. Also would be nice if you could interact with Chocobos that are already retired.

5) WAY MORE PROMINENT Racing areas and events. With different modes of PvP Chocobo racing*

6) Chocobo customization with gear and ability to change your Chocobo's color at will. And more color options too.

I will edit and more comments to this later. At the moment I really like Number 4, where you get to keep the interaction going from all of your past chocobo's you have raised through the chocobo raising system and to add to it if there was a mog Garden Chocobo stables, you could chose which past chocobo you want to take out for a ride to where ever for that day provided they were all raised differently.

The chocobo circuit when folks heard it was in the works of being made into the FFXI game, Most people really did expect it to be where you really got to control your own chocobo during the race and they really thought they would be riding there own chocobo inside the chocobo circuit racing against other players on there raised chocobo's. I really do recall there were to many folks disappointed with the creators of the chocobo circuit and its purpose of an npc raced layout and etcetera.

If they redo the chocobo from the ground up, they're gonna have to do it the player based riding there own chocobo's during the race in mind Raydeus {What do you think of my revamping chocobo circuit idea thus far?}

I remember when I first saw a few pictures with chocobo's out on the battlefield all armored up with there armored Companions riding upon those chocobos. I really did think we would see us riding on our chocobo's with the ability to fight the enemy's without dismounting like some of the Mamajols do it. What I'm getting at is I bet those Chocobo armor gears are possibly laying around somewhere collecting dust since the great war of The Wings Of The Goddess and they could be different types into using them during a race and possibility of having different stats from which chocobo armors you chose to equip during the player vs player circuit race.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 05-21-2014 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Adding Another Idea to which I recall from a picture of Chocobo's out on the Battlefield From WotG expansion!

Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by elqplau View Post
    At one time I had a total of eight plaques in the MH and I've seen no difference in the results I've gotten!!
    It was stated by one my FFXI playing friends that it is how he got better at raising chocobo's but he quit FFXI and it's the only info I had from him to go on but I do have 2 plaques and never saw any changes when I was raising another chocobo myself besides the plaques were just taking up mog furnishing space, plus mog house inventory spaces. I obviously believed him to a Tee on the nose of his advice. I dont know what we under this forum can drudge up for ideas into fixing this very problem but definitely looking into folks having bright ideas to bring it to the table.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 05-31-2014 at 01:21 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast