Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Specially when you are not trying to raise your chocobo to race but to dig. Or you forgot about your chocobo and the work you were putting into it went to waste and is the slowest thing on the planet.
    (3)

Player
    You can have more than one chocobo. If you keep your VCS registration cards you can have a fast one for riding around and a "smart" one for digging up stuff. You only have to trade the respective card to the NPC in the stablesand comfirm which one will be called when using your whistle, kind of a pain, I know, but it is what it is.
    (1)

Character
    Esmrambo
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I want to raise a chocobo for chocobo-digging. I loved that in earlier FF games.
    The problem is that my chocobo will not learn abilities. I have raised Discernment and Receptivity but to no avail.
    I have tried over 120 times to tell the chocobo the appropriate story and nothing.
    (1)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Even if you do that to make them cost almost the same, there is still the issue of raised birds not always being the same speed as rental birds. Frankly the birds need to be at worst, the same speed as rentals and at best, faster than rentals.
    I have slight possible theory on this result of chocobos being slow besides the chocobo attributes problem at the moment but do any of you think this might be something that happened when the dev team sped up our characters speed, jobs that included pets speed, enemies moving speeds, and probably the chocobo's at the chocobo stables but forgot to include increasing the speed of those chocobo's that called by the chocobo whistle?
    (1)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I like my chocobo whistle. I use it a lot when I warp somewhere that isn't near a renter, and I want to get somewhere else faster than walking.
    (0)

Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Job traits not learned & chocobos called forth not always being faster thanWalk-speed

Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    I like my chocobo whistle. I use it a lot when I warp somewhere that isn't near a renter, and I want to get somewhere else faster than walking.
    I know it isn't always true that they are faster than walking simply because my own chocobo that I call by my whistle seems way slower then my character's current speed in walking.

I raised it without learning the job traits the first time but I was told you have to keep raising chocobo's an executive amount of times but only after receiving the plaque of the retired chocobo and putting it into your mog house on display besides it taking up more room as a furnishings item on display, you keep putting more raised retired chocobo plaque's into the mog house and your next one raise should come with better results but I don't feel the results are there even you keep doing this with the raising a chocobo system that includes working to take time to get the job traits learned by your chocobo.
    (1)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 04-24-2014 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Missing Title and correcting some grammar!
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Well I'll need you guys to keep this thread alive with new ideas to the chocobo's!

What else can be done with the chocobo's>?

Would you like to see chocobo's have newer stuff to do in the game with besides what is currently available>?

How could you like see the chocobo raising system be sped up and cost less gil to raise a chocobo?

Should there be any changes you like to see done with the old chocobo racing system as well?

Well in truth since the chocobo stables are still used far less to close to not at all, what changes would you like to see come to the chocobo stables implementations?

Please come up with answers to these questions for SE to take a direction with all chocobo's related to this thread and even add your own to mold a new direction for chocobo's in ffxi. {please and thank you}
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Wow how did I miss the more chos you raise= the faster the next one will be post as my most current one is my only green one and he's slower than my three yellows. I blame this on forgetting about the dumb thing to the point it was "retired".
    (1)

The only thing I can think of is to either make it easier in some way to make each type of chocobo or if you mess it up to maybe give us a chance to respec it even for retired chocobos. Also yea let us use tabs or at least conquest points to refill the whistle, bump the max speed like they did ours and also let us do fun things with it like erm brand it with our own icon, you know?
    I also think we should also get a colored chocobo of our choosing if we successfully raise one without neglecting it, even if say, it didn't earn the trait we were shooting for.
    (1)
    Last edited by Blah; 05-01-2014 at 03:13 AM. Reason: more more more
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Adding to the comment over the color issue and my personal thoughts on choco. raising

Quote Originally Posted by Blah View Post
    The only thing I can think of is to either make it easier in some way to make each type of chocobo or if you mess it up to maybe give us a chance to respec it even for retired chocobos. Also yea let us use tabs or at least conquest points to refill the whistle, bump the max speed like they did ours and also let us do fun things with it like erm brand it with our own icon, you know?
    I also think we should also get a colored chocobo of our choosing if we successfully raise one without neglecting it, even if say, it didn't earn the trait we were shooting for.
    Just kind of adding to what you said about chocobo colors. Basically how the ffxi team thought we would enjoy the fix to the color issue was presenting us with a wearing off chococo dyes that can be crafted or (?was it bought with chocobo bucks that really never are built up or used any more?) The logic was okay'ish but to make it a temporary color instead of an permanent color item but I would loved for them to come up with food which your chocobo's to chew on that gives it permanent different colors for your chocobo whether its during its raising phase or after.

I personally think the raising system needs a boost in the amount of time it takes to raise a chocobo, plus the dedication time it takes to raise a chocobo reduced in the direction of the pace of the game is headed, specially for those who have very little time to dedicate to raise a chocobo or even not enough gil to do it.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 05-01-2014 at 03:47 AM. Reason: I was still thinking up a representative title to my post in which I forgot to include.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast