Character
    Kanryu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99

The Job Dreams Are Made Of...

This forum is riddled with people who cry about why this job can not tank, I must admit at I myself was skeptical about JAs at one point. There are people who cry that it is too weak a DD to fill that role. Well to all of them I say this. SE did a beautiful job creating this class. It has very similar weaknesses to other jobs but nothing that can't be overcome with gearing properly and putting the time in to learn the job. It is truly the magic tank they described when first talking about the job.

It does however fall short in one regard... one that has been mentioned a few times but I thought I should draw attention to it at this point because now that we have Aettir and the new delves are released this job is truly beginning to shine.

Multi-element tanking is still an issue. We will always be inferior to Paladins against things that do significant and quick physical damage. We were designed that way. We are however supposed to be able to conquer even the greatest of mages... and while it happens, not always with ease... things that randomly shift between elements are still relegated to Aegis Paladins without Rune Fencer even having a chance because, as has been complained before, it is downright unwieldy to swap all three runes on the fly.

So to you I propose this as someone who spends the considerable majority of his time invested into this game playing, gearing, and reading about this job. Give us just one more cooldown. Somewhere in the range of 20-60 seconds that allows all existing runes to transform into the next rune used. This would overcome the obvious power that would come with granting three new runes immediately after using Lunge/Gambit/Rayke, but would allow us some semblance of defense against things that rotate elements as long as you are quick on your toes and know what rune you need to change into.
    (4)
    Last edited by Kanryu; 04-13-2014 at 07:27 AM.

Player
    I like this idea, but Paladins have a big advantage over RUN, we should atleast heal when we have 3 runes of the appropriate elemental magic used on us.
    (1)