Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Side Note: I'd personally really like Rdm to get Adloquium. Considering the fact that Sch/rdm and Geo/rdm are getting quite the buff with all these new /rdm spells, I really don't think the dev team giving Rdm Adloquium would be a big deal, at all. They can always add Adloquium+ gear on the reforged Emp armor for Sch to make it more potent than a Rdm's Adloquium anyways (I'm quite surprised they haven't done this already for Sch).

It's not asking for much, but I can't help but think it would be a nice little extra boon for Rdm this update (probably too late for this update anyways but w/e). I don't think I'd make the suggestion if they didn't make all the new Tier 1 Rdm spells available as /rdm.

Edit: Another suggestion: Uncap the group 2 Job merit category. Rdm is severely hindered atm because it has so many Rdm merit spells that it can't access atm with a decent potency. Putting 1/5 into these spells aren't worth it at all, so certain spells (Blind II, Phalanx II, Bio III usually) never see the light of day, even though at 5/5 they're pretty decent. Other jobs like Nin, Smn, and Blm would greatly benefit from this as well.
    (2)
    Last edited by Creelo; 07-06-2014 at 11:01 PM.

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Creelo View Post

Edit: Another suggestion: Uncap the group 2 Job merit category. Rdm is severely hindered atm because it has so many Rdm merit spells that it can't access atm with a decent potency. Putting 1/5 into these spells aren't worth it at all, so certain spells (Blind II, Phalanx II, Bio III usually) never see the light of day, even though at 5/5 they're pretty decent. Other jobs like Nin, Smn, and Blm would greatly benefit from this as well.
    I like this idea!
    (1)

agreed Creelo, and the duration on all those merited spells is simply miserable, too, esp considering all the buffing rdm is expected to be doing, and back-up heals, and other enfeebs. when 1 job has to work 3 times as hard as the others (with the possible exception of brd, but what is rdm doing in a pt that has a brd?) it's not really fair to the rdm.
    (0)

Player
    Been a long time since I posted in here(since I kinda quit in September)... but... this update deserves it!

A

We got some awesome 'Gifts', T5 Nukes, En-spell DMG +5, both of which are great buffs to either backline or frontline depending on your preference. While they're not a massive game changer, it does allow RDM to be more competitive on the battlefield in terms of nukes, especially since our recast is fairly low compared to others which allows us to more easily alternate them than any BLM would be able to. On top of this, the fact MP costs are down again means even without Seidr nuking won't really deplete your MP, and with Seidr getting nearly/completely free nukes is a cake walk! The En-spell damage isn't a ton either, but it's nice to have a buff to them that's static as opposed to relying on gear as we've needed to up to this point in order to make them better. It's a boost that will now account for 1/8th of our natural capped damage, which to me seems to be quite the buff.

B

Melee gear... not just any melee gear but Skirmish augmentable melee gear in the design of Athos.

I feel as though my years of complaining were paid off with finally being able to wear a badass Chapeau whilst meleeing. While I can't give an exactly accurate estimate on how good these pieces are due to not knowing the caps for stats on them, or what stats are even possible, I can say that with the limited number I've seen each piece is likely our best melee gear in the game. Also, this gives us a lot of multi-attack gear, something we've always lacked in our melee gear, not to mention a lot of Attack/Accuracy, which means a lot especially on our legs which to this point have had 0 ilevel Accuracy options outside of Vitivation Tights/+1.

All in all, this set is the be all end all melee set so far as I know. If you've some high numbers you wish to share that would help me nail down just where they sit stat wise I'd love a message on FFXIAH or here letting me know.

C

More of a general thing as the Mog Wardrobe was, but still, we can fuse our gorgets/belts/obis! That's a lot of inventory freed up, and with how much gear we used to carry, it's a lovely feeling. The Taeon set does a great job too from what I've seen as many options we used to rely on for situational use won't be needed since that gear simply trumps so much of our old gear. In all, C is more or less just me yelling... INVENTORY!!!!!

Last, and least, I'm going to be going back through my RDM sets on FFXIAH.com to update them. I know a few people used to rely on those for great sets to aim toward so I'd like to update them. The only problem is, since so much gear is based off augments, I'm sort of at a loss on where certain things might fit. So much like I said with B, if you've a good amount of info on that please hit me up on AH or here in this thread. Much appreciated. ^_^
    (0)

Player
    i was disappointed with getting T5 nukes (I only nuke on RDM once in a blue moon). would have preferred additional enfeebles or enhancing spells. I'm really liking the gear though. We are on three sets! you can get like +20 attack and 20 accuracy, along with +2 triple attack, and +3% weapon skill damage just in augments on each piece of Taeon!.... totally insane. Enhancing duration on the Telchine set! BTW, since the body has enhancing skill on it, it is possible to put enhancing duration on there and still get 500 enhancing skill total for your enhancing buffs that rely on enhancing skill. Can still put enhancing duration on the other pieces (head and legs, don't bother with hands and feet) too so can extend things like regen and refresh which have shorter durations than the other buffs.
    (0)
    Last edited by Protey; 02-26-2015 at 01:19 AM.

Player
    With the Phalanx potency augment on Taeon that works at casting, we have a choice now... enhancing duration or phalanx potency. Although we lose potency from losing enhancing skill gear for the phalanx potency of taeon, it's a loss of 2 from skill and gain of 15 (assuming you get +3 augment on all 5 pieces) for a total of +13. I think that's worth casting it again a little early. Though I will miss those 5 inventory slots since it will require me to have a second set of Taeon.
    (0)

Character
    Elqplau
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I agree I rember when RDM was more old than bard now it takes a lot to even do anything...my sword skill is at 414 and merit maxed to the stops still working on blade to bring it even higher ....but as you stated whom with same type gear as I do will shame me
    (0)

Character
    Elqplau
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    so far enspell is main only even with temper's double whack not getting nmore than first hit
    (0)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7