Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Honestly I wish they didn't make more subbable spells. RDM needs job identity. It'll depend on how potent tier 1 is vs tier 2. Because so far tier 2 debuffs have not made a significant impact on desirability. If a BRD or COR can just sub RDM, they might be more beneficial because they can add some evasion down/ranged attack speed while still providing other buffs.

I'm holding out to see how the update unfolds when we learn the values, but I have to say I was a bit disappointed to see more subbed (shared) abilities.
    (3)

Character
    Shidoshii
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    If a BRD or COR can just sub RDM, they might be more beneficial because they can add some evasion down/ranged attack speed while still providing other buffs.
    I'm pretty certain Distract and Frazzle will be based on enfeebling magic, and Flurry, enhancing. BRD and COR won't be able to land on anything worth mentioning, and the Flurry buff will be so weak, (lvl 49 RDM enhancing skill) that it'd be a huge waste of a subjob. This shouldn't be a concern.

This is more an indirect buff to SCH/RDM. Anywhere a SCH would sub /rdm, they just got three very nice usable tier I spells for free. But that won't really change anything for SCH. But this adjustment will pretty much cement RDM's spot in the RNG pt, among other potential endgame roster changes.
    (2)
    Last edited by Fermion; 06-24-2014 at 08:41 AM.

On the other hand it will be a nice addition for BLM since you can lower your target's magic eva.
    (1)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fermion View Post
    I'm pretty certain Distract and Frazzle will be based on enfeebling magic, and Flurry, enhancing. BRD and COR won't be able to land on anything worth mentioning, and the Flurry buff will be so weak, (lvl 49 RDM enhancing skill) that it'd be a huge waste of a subjob. This shouldn't be a concern.

This is more an indirect buff to SCH/RDM. Anywhere a SCH would sub /rdm, they just got three very nice usable tier I spells for free. But that won't really change anything for SCH. But this adjustment will pretty much cement RDM's spot in the RNG pt, among other potential endgame roster changes.
    BRD especially can land a lot of subbed white magic buffs reliably on content worth mentioning with the massive amount of magic accuracy gear they have access to. It will depend if the enhancing and enfeebling spells vary with skill and what their potency is on Tier 1 vs Tier 2.

First impressions, I'm just disappointed anything new for RDM is support job level. I don't think it was necessary as RDM doesn't have a lot of unique items to itself. Comparatively I'm just going off of all prior enfeebling and enhancing magic, they are still quite useful even with support job skill. I hope that these are tied heavily to skill. I reserve judgment until they are released.
    (2)

Character
    Shidoshii
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I'm going off the assumption that SE will have the buffs scale with skill (Temper, Phalanx, etc.). Hopefully they have that much foresight.

I've never seen a BRD or COR reliably land RDM debuffs on endgame content. Statistical flukes do happen, but no one is going to organize a run based on BRD or COR enfeebling magic landing (enfeebling cap @49 = 150; @99 = 424. It would take +274 magic acc just to catch up to a naked 99 RDM with no merits. We may have different meanings of mentionable content, but if a BRD can land enfeebling magic, so can a naked RDM. And I don't consider naked RDMs a part of mentionable content.
    (2)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I can land debuffs in Outer Ra'Kaznar Skirmish and Delve. I consider that mentionable content. +274 is a drop in a bucket lately. Most 119 staves have +228, not even counting the Delve II staff. With access to over 120+ M.Acc alone in other gear, not counting MND and INT. I'm not debating that RDM obviously has a much easier time to land enfeebles, especially if you're considering content with ridiculous magic evasion. But if a BRD or WHM can land them in some recent content, it diminishes RDM's unique value. History so far with Tier II debuffs and buffs for RDM have been less than stellar. Where Tier I is suitable enough because other classes bring other things to the table along with it.

Again this is first impressions, we obviously don't know the details. My opinion is just that I don't think it was necessary to give access to new RDM spells to other jobs. I thought the purpose was to give RDM better job identity. I also agree with you, I hope they have that much foresight, and that this is also a start to making older enfeebles (like Blind II) and buffs (like Phalanx II) for RDM better.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Fermion View Post
    I'm going off the assumption that SE will have the buffs scale with skill (Temper, Phalanx, etc.). Hopefully they have that much foresight.
    Instead of going off the assumption that the spell that is more like haste will scale the same as haste does... or doesn't.

If flurry isn't a set amount, regardless of skill, I'll eat my hat.
    (0)

there's also the trick of using a threnody to lower an elemental resistance and just using the element tied to Frazzle for instance, I generally have no issues landing any sub-job gained spell with that tactic. hell, I can even land tier 1 ninjitsu spells that way on brd/nin-not that there's a point to doing so, but just for fun I've done it once or twice in skirmish in RaKaz.
    (2)

Player
    even with the boost to Death Blossom, I still don't believe that a Murgleis will outdamage an Excalibur due to not only the 25% of your HP additional effect, but also the occasional 2.5x damage, and the +40 attack. All Murgleis has going for it is occasionally attacks 2-3 times.... but only after missing out on 2 WSs. Anyone know the math on this?
    (0)

Player
    Going by spreadsheet, before the WS update Murgleis was only slightly behind Excalibur. Now with Death Blossom doing more DMG I'd assume that Murgleis is better by a small amount.
    (0)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast