Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Footwork

Player

Footwork

To save the other topic from unrelated clutter, I decided to make a Footwork specific thread

With a build specifically for Footwork, through personal experience I have found that DMG can easily match H2H, but have the bonus TP from WS as an addition. There are already aspects of footwork that are beneficial like the +15% attack, full tp per hit durring WS, slower but stronger (excluding empy H2H) attacks.

However, in many situations, H2H outweighs Footwork, esspecially in Abyssea. But I feel Footwork could easily be altered to increase it's usefullness, maybe decrease the delay or increase the dmg so it can compare to H2H dmg.

That being said, imo, a MNK that has geared and build for Footwork is not gimp for using it, but it is pretty easy for that MNK to tell if it is worth them using or not. No one should refuse Footwork having any use. Esspecially when it can be put back into good use with one of two very easy adjustments.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    kick arts: Grants a bonus to attack speed when using footwork (ja haste)
    (0)

Player
    Some trait that would increase kick speed like martial arts does with H2H would be nice.
    (0)

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Kick Attack base DMG needs to go up by more than 18 for it to really work better or it needs to benefit from Martial Arts. Going from 2 hits per round at 280 delay to 1 hit per round at 480 delay screws you over pretty badly when the DMG increase is so low (even with Tantra Gaiters +2.)
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If it were to benefit from martial arts though, you're going to lose your xhit and on average take more attack rounds to get to a WS. Depending on how much the delay is lowered, this may actually hurt footwork since it's more heavy on the WS side of DoT/WS distribution.

As far as the OP goes, in the CURRENT state of the game, the only use for footwork is for quick tp gain (w/ 2-4 h2h) for proccing blue !! when it's h2h during blunt time.

As far as damage goes, it can be about equal w/ non victory smite non relic h2h outside of abyssea, but totally worthless inside of abyssea.

Though, even when next update comes out, the DMG+ on footwork comes from foot weapon. h2h options are going to get stronger w/ higher base dmg and more new stats, while w/ footwork it's unlikely they're going to make new shoes that are better than af3+2
    (0)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Footwork is very usefull for stun locking a mobs with two monks on it. TP gains is faster than H2H and TP given is much lower lower. It's for when you want to play it safe. Things where I've used it are : glavoid and briareus. The killing speed doesn't matter that much on them, TP spam does.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I've never had any sort of problems on either of those mobs where stun locking would have been necessary, lol. If you need stun that bad, swap one of the mnks for a blu
    (0)

Why can't I kick while wielding a staff? Seems like something a monk could do...
    (1)
    Last edited by Bulrogg; 03-22-2011 at 12:30 AM.

Character
    Ayamesan
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Footwork is actually affected by Martial arts. at LV 65 Base delay for footwork is 500, with Martial Arts lv 75 it's 480, and at lv 82 it decreases to 460.

The lower delay results in less TP you're getting in return killing X-hit builds every new tier of Martial Arts. So if you're wanting to hit faster due to lower delay you're actually decreasing the usefulness of Footwork. (Gaining 100% TP with less hits).

The only way you are going to see Footwork become more powerful is:

a) Remove the effects of Martial Arts on Footwork so you can keep x-hit builds up.

b) Increase the # of attacks allowed under Footwork over 2 per round.

Another thing is that when going to higher levels, your h2h gets is a bigger increase in power % than footwork does. When you trade your weapons for higher base damage the difference is even more noticeable.

Here is a link to post research done for DPS and such for MNK. Includes both Footwork and non Footwork.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...AO&hl=en#gid=3

Also, I admit I haven't messed with Footwork since the lv 85 cap, but i'm curious to see if footwork or h2h gets to 100% tp faster inside Abyssea. You can do it in less hits yes, but Footwork losing X-hit build and with all the DA/TA gear/atma now it may be comparable in getting 100% tp.
    (0)
    Last edited by pheare; 03-22-2011 at 05:01 AM.

Character
    Ayamesan
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulrogg View Post
    Why can't I kick while wielding a staff? Seems like something a monk could do...
    lol. I just imagined Matrix where Neo uses the pole and swings around/kicks all the Agent Smiths. Monk should be able to kick using staff.
    (0)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast