Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Atma

  1. #11
    Player Mojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    124
    Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    +20% critical hit rate etc.
    (0)

  2. #12
    Player Zagen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,165
    Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    2) counter caps at 80% so counterstance + full merit + AF2 feet is 75% already meaning this weapon is only ~5% increase to your counter damage which is like 5% of your total damage at the very best, and this is assuming that (for some reason) you don't nearly cap the last 5%. => even if you use counterstance the returns are worth zero.
    PS : level BLM already
    Source? Because last I knew/found test wise counter is only capped by acc cap meaning a 95% cap if you can get 100% Counter.

    Also AGI for more subtle blow reducing TP moves used even further is nice, and the 20% more Crits is nice as well.

    /WAR Atmas = AoA/RR/GH

    /DNC Atmas = AoA/RR/MC

    If I'm there for reds from staff/club then I swap GH or MC for VV
    (0)
    Last edited by Zagen; 03-29-2011 at 02:00 AM.

  3. #13
    Player MarkovChain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windy
    Posts
    1,429
    Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Like ... err, Dark depth.
    (0)

    Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

  4. #14
    Player MarkovChain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windy
    Posts
    1,429
    Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    Dealing more damage from counters is useless, gotcha.

    what is 5% increase of 5% ?

    answer : 0.25 %. It's the same thing as nothing . 1 attack is better. Now if you ask me if it is better on a mob where evasion is shit or /nin is need, ok of course. Counter is for tanking nothing else.

    Quite ironic coming from someone who advocated fulltiming it at 75, back when healers had finite mp and less refresh options.
    at 75 /nin was neccessary, and evasion was shit. You asked for easy mode, now you have it. Perma ~+100 agi or something similar, low level mobs. Trying too hard.
    (0)

    Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

  5. #15
    Player Swords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    354
    GN is good in it's own ways, however no one truly knows the cap rate for counter or critical hit rate. I really want to say Counter caps at 80% however, with merits (+5), relic feet (+10), Counterstance (+40-50 depending on source), Traits (+5-10 if Counter II really exsists), GN (Assumed +10), Roaring Laughter (Assumed +20), and capped Acc. I still find it difficult to get away with countering even 90% of the time.

    Quick Edit: You should keep in mind counter has it's fair share of drawbacks to its advantages, such as feeding it TP equal to your TP gain + 3 for each counter. Counter also doesnt defend from Ranged, AoE, or TP moves so when your using Counterstance and your defense is crapped out you've hardly got anything protecting you.

    But I digress, as with anything in this game there is a point where too much of any one stat can be counterproductive. It's what I like to call the Decaying effect, its where you put soo much into one aspect you hurt yourself in others that make you a better overall player. For a quick example, lets say you have tons of accuracy enough to cap on anything you fight. However, in doing so you chose to sacrifice a slot for a core damage piece that would let you do an extra 10-20 damage per attack for a slight increase in Accuracy. Now mathmatically speaking the extra damage you do would well offset the difference in accuracy you lost, however it's the mindset of many players to go with the full on aspect in the game and end up hurting themselves in the end.
    (0)
    Last edited by Swords; 03-29-2011 at 02:51 AM.

  6. #16
    Player Mojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    124
    Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    The cap for critical hit rate is 95% (Mighty Strikes will circumvent this.) I have observed this many times on NIN with RR/GH/Innin. GH is desirable because of 20% critical hit rate, the Counter is really just a bonus.
    (0)

  7. #17
    Player Corwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    54
    Character
    Corwin
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Pchan is the Gordian's Knot of stupidity.
    (0)

  8. #18
    Player MarkovChain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windy
    Posts
    1,429
    Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Swords View Post
    GN is good in it's own ways, however no one truly knows the cap rate for counter or critical hit rate. .
    Yes we do 80% for counter. Appie made a thread on BG or alla I think.
    (0)

    Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

  9. #19
    Player Greatguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    Yes we do 80% for counter. Appie made a thread on BG or alla I think.
    This is correct.

    But what is your point? Dark Depths over Gnarled Horn because... AGI+ Minor and Eva+ Minor are better than AGI+ Major and Counter+? There is practically no difference in the Eva both Atmas give you, Gnarled Horn is more likely to cap your Subtle Blow dAGI, and Gnarled Horn also has the Offensive and Defensive edge with Counter. Dark Depths will never be "better" than Gnarled Horn.

    I'm not sure what you're evading all the time either. You're probably still fighting Visions mobs trying to catch up to everyone else. That or you're still using full Usukane or something equally outdated. Evasion making "Counter useless" is just wrong. Use Aggressor, "Suck Less".
    (0)

    I will have my revenge!

  10. #20
    Player Kyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    82
    Character
    Kyte
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Swords View Post
    I admit I was not thinking about using h2h weapons at the time and I did fail to mention I tend to fulltime Footwork with the 2-4 hit Ursine Claws +2. Since the maximum you can kick per round is twice and the proc. rate for the claws go off so often having AoA for triple attack almost becomes moot where it serves no other purpose melee wise. I'm aware VV gives double attack however its STR and Rregain bonuses make it better than most other atmas. Anyways, the setup is not nearly as bad as you might give it credit for from a pure DD standpoint, its nice to occasionally break out a 700+ critical kick, and 3k+ WS's without the Emp WS. However yes it does suck if your using your h2h weapon, where the Double and Triple attack would have a more profound impact on your damage.
    You can hit 3k+ WS with Ascetic's Fury without gimping your TP phase damage.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast