Character
    Mjogosx
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Need help on Maat fight [solved]

I've tried 5 times to defeat him. I'm with enormous difficulties.

My gear:

Main Weapon - Hades Sainti
    Head - Darksteel Cap
    Neck - Evasion torque
    Left Ear - Kampfer earring
    Body - Arhat's gi +1
    Hands - Danzo Tekko
    Back - Psilos mantle
    Waist - Tarutaru sash
    Legs - Silk slacks
    Feet - Caitiff's socks

Hand 2 Hand and evasion skill capped. I am short of money to purchase items or equipment. Sorry i'm noob here, need some advice please.

Thank you.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mjogosx; 04-13-2014 at 11:39 AM.

Character
    Artharian
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    One tip I was given for my mnk Maat fight was to get an Opo-opo necklace (quest item from "Wrath of the Opo-opos" if you have Zilart at mission 5) and some sleep potions. At the start of the fight put on necklace and pop the potions to sleep until you have 300TP. Then use boost 10-12 times and start your fight with a chi blast; follow up with your best weaponskill and then hundred fists.

I think that was how I did it :-) it was a while ago and my memory isn't as good as it was.... took a couple of goes to get my timing right, but got there in the end.

Good luck and keep at him!

Art.
    (1)

Character
    Mjogosx
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Well, I went to try one last time for today (sixth try) without using icarus wing, sleeping potion, opo neck and such and guess what? Beat maat with only 33hp left, in 4 minutes and 2 seconds LOLOLOL...used Boost 10 times -> Vile Elixir -> Hundred Fists -> Howling Fist -> Chakra -> Howling Fist -> ... -> BAM!

EDIT:

Proof:
    (1)
    Last edited by Mjogosx; 04-12-2014 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Add proof

Character
    Artharian
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Congratulations! :-)

Art.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I remember Maat. It's a tough fight when you do it the first time because you're capped (by game design, not by the arena) at 70. It took me 3 tries, back in the days when each testimony gave you only 1 try and you needed a party to farm them up. Good going on the win.

When you get to 99, it might be fun to come back and curb stomp him.
    (0)

Congrats! (+1)

And this is a perfect example of why the last Genkai should've been a solo fight instead of what it is now.

Treasure the moment OP, because the following LB quests are very underwhelming compared to this.
    (2)

Character
    Mjogosx
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    I remember Maat. It's a tough fight when you do it the first time because you're capped (by game design, not by the arena) at 70. It took me 3 tries, back in the days when each testimony gave you only 1 try and you needed a party to farm them up. Good going on the win.

When you get to 99, it might be fun to come back and curb stomp him.
    Wow one try per testimony, i probably would give up lol. And you read my thoughts, i'll kill Maat at 99 just to laugh at his face [mwahaha..err cof cof]

Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    Congrats! (+1)

And this is a perfect example of why the last Genkai should've been a solo fight instead of what it is now.

Treasure the moment OP, because the following LB quests are very underwhelming compared to this.
    My linkshell is helping a lot right now. And it really is a bit disappointing the following lb quests.
    (0)

Character
    Theringer
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Congrats on the win.

For anyone reading and looking at MNK Maat in future. If you can, get the fame and do Shiva avatar fight, turn in the whisper and get Shiva's Claws. I did it back in the day of the 1 attempt per testimony and went 0/8 Because I wasn't capped on H2H & Evasion. Then went 0/3 on next because.. I sucked or something, idk. I got the Shiva's Claws and crushed it. couple of Procs from the Para is a win, hopefully!
    (1)