Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Gekuz
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90

Blue Mage End Game

Hi fellows BLU, since I've came back to the game I've noticed that BLU has become an extremely overpowered job... IN OLD EVENT END GAME, I mean, a well equipped blu can handle himself in practically every old end game event like Dynamis, Salvage II, Nyzul, Abyssea, Limbus etc. But in the new end game? Have you ever seen a shout for a BLU in Kamhir Drift Delve? Or a shout for a BLU for Tojil (Buramenk'ha is a wonderful BLU sword but if you don't have another job to do tojil you will never see it).

I think that the main reason is that BLU doesn't have a really REALLY strong ability/Magic to make it useful as a SAM or a MNK. I don't want to say that we need to do with a single spell against Tenzen (D) 5k of damage, btw i would like to have the possibility to do Higher damage than those 800-1000 with amorphic spikes.

I don't think that adding news spells is the solution, i would rather see abilities that transforms BLU in a END GAME DD since we have never had the opportunity to be totally useful.

I suggest this changes:

Beastly Eye (Recast 1min): Grant to your next Physical Spell a 50% Accuracy Bonus

Inner Beast (Recast 1min) Allow you to store your currently TPs

Outer Beast (Recast 1min) Unleash those TPs stored under Inner Beast with the next physical spell

Bloody Sapience (Recast 5min)
    Your next spell will receive a boost depending on your current life (Doesn't stack with any other ability)

White Life: 25% (1/4 plus of damage)
    Yellow Life: 50% (1/2 plus of damage)
    Orange Life: 75% (3/4 plus of damage)
    Red Life: 100% (Double the damage)

Judgment of animals (recast 10 min, duration 5 min)
    allows, while under the effect, to choose another party member as target of your buffs spells

Those are only a couples of ideas Give me a Feedback Thank You!
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Not a bad lost of ideas. I was thinking if diffusion was a minute ability. We'd be able to full time haste 2 which would be handy for those non-dispellable delves.

I also think if we had a hate reset spell things would or could be different. We would be able to do AAs more often without worrying to turn and lose DPS.

I'd also like to see some type of tank buff to help us mitigate damage. Anytime I'm in any party I always end up tanking somehow. Maybe a spell that absorbed half the damage for 3 attacks. OP but would be neat.
    (2)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Lost = list. On my phone. Sorry
    (0)

People keep saying how bad BLU is for end-game, but I'd bet that 5 decent BLUs and a BRD could take down most End-Game content. They have so many utility spells at their disposal, but if you had 5 BLUs, they could all set most of the spells needed for DDing, while only having to set 1-2 enfeebs/buffs each.

Not to mention that updates are actually trickling through. Slowly, and not particularly effectively, and every time BLU spells seem to have become acceptable, something else changes (like the WS update) to put them back in their box!

But I'll see what august update brings before I complain any more.
    (0)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 07-20-2014 at 06:28 AM. Reason: speeling

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Just curious if you know about or even seen these 2 forums??

As my title states I was wondering if happen to even visited or even been to these two forums as of yet? HERE and Here <-click on it}

?-Please let me know if you have because your post could have fit perfectly under one of them as well!
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Gekuz
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    I don't agree with you yosemite, my post could go under your second thread, maybe, but not under the first one that nothing have to share with what i'm saying... and i would add is so necessary doing a a so unpleasant reply post?
    (1)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekuz View Post
    and i would add is so necessary doing a a so unpleasant reply post?
    Stick around a bit, he's pretty good at plugging links for any of his varied threads.

OT, not gonna say Blu doesn't need some help, but the suggested abilities don't really strike me as being all that useful to the job, whether as an endgame top tier DD or in any other content. Admittedly, I dunno how hard spells that are used for skillchain closing hit at 3000 TP, but with the skillchain changes, I'd dare say Inner/Outer Beast would prolly be pretty ridiculously OP. Even more so once that update lands that makes +Att effect Blue Magic (is that next update? Too lazy to look.)

Blu might not quite hang with the heavier DDs under full buffed situations, but they do plenty well enough in low/unbuffed situations or less than top tier endgame content.
    (1)
    7/10/14

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Stick around a bit, he's pretty good at plugging links for any of his varied threads.

OT, not gonna say Blu doesn't need some help, but the suggested abilities don't really strike me as being all that useful to the job, whether as an endgame top tier DD or in any other content. Admittedly, I dunno how hard spells that are used for skillchain closing hit at 3000 TP, but with the skillchain changes, I'd dare say Inner/Outer Beast would prolly be pretty ridiculously OP. Even more so once that update lands that makes +Att effect Blue Magic (is that next update? Too lazy to look.)

Blu might not quite hang with the heavier DDs under full buffed situations, but they do plenty well enough in low/unbuffed situations or less than top tier endgame content.
    in capped buffed situation BLU looses yes (atm, have to see what the spellchanges will do), but in any situation where you are running with not caped buffs around a BLU will destroy almost every other melee. Nyzul Isle II and I were such examples, Skirmish is such an example etc. list goes on. maybe not dmg wise, but utility wise its the best package in terms of high DD/high utility/nice control of battle situation
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    in capped buffed situation BLU looses yes (atm, have to see what the spellchanges will do), but in any situation where you are running with not caped buffs around a BLU will destroy almost every other melee. Nyzul Isle II and I were such examples, Skirmish is such an example etc. list goes on. maybe not dmg wise, but utility wise its the best package in terms of high DD/high utility/nice control of battle situation
    I agree. Any non-mindless BLU will adjust to fit the situation. If you're never killing more than 1 mob at a time, don't equip Whirl Of Rage and Sleepgas etc. If you are, then do! If the mobs you're fighting are weak to magic, you can adjust for that too. etc etc etc
    (0)

Character
    Encore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    We don't need new spells, the base damage for spells just simply needs a boost it's really as simple as that.

The player base sees it different than the development team. However they factor in balance, they simply cannot and will not make these adjustment.

EDIT: My comment above is for the current top tier endgame content in party scenarios where every slot in the party list is expensive given the other available DD jobs.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast