Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixtythree View Post
    Neat idea but I can't imagine them allowing double duration because you'd have 10 minute Refresh and Haste. They could introduce a couple of percentage based traits like so:

[Insert Job Trait Name] Tier 1 - Increases duration of enhancing effect received by blue magic spells by 12%
    [Insert Job Trait Name] Tier 2 - Increases duration of enhancing effect received by blue magic spells by 20%

Except spells that grant shorter duration enhancements would gain far less. N. Meditation would go from 1 minute to 1 minute and 12 seconds.

There's a small group of spells that fall under the same tier... N. Meditation, Triumphant Roar, Saline Coat, Plasma Charge, Barrier Tusk etc..

Just manually adjust these spells to last longer, and please be liberal.
    That's not a bad idea. I would rather a straight 30-60 seconds though. I don't think small percentage boosts like that would fix the problem blu has with short lasting spells. It helps though!
    (1)

Character
    Erwing
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Disclaimer: I'm a new-FFXI newbie and old-school vet so my opinion doesn't really matter in the 'new' FFXI, but I can say I was totally disappointed by pretty much every BLU buff except hastes and refresh because 1-1.5 min duration is too damn short to do anything with, and I've only played solo and done none of the 'real' end-game content yet. I'd be all for completely removing Diffusion in favor of making BLU buffs useful, even though I LOVE the concept of Diffusion.
    (1)

Diffusion actually has a use even without being in a party, assuming you have 5/5 merits in it, and either augmented relic feet, or the ilvl variants, you can get +45% (I think) duration.

Only really useful for the likes of Battery Charge or Erratic Flutter though (assuming it even works with EF, but it worked with the other 2 haste spells), but increasing 1 of them to 7:15 duration is handy.
    (0)

Character
    Gekuz
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    If a buff last 3 minutes we could become too Overpowered? Excuse me but i think there is a big mistake here. A SAM With tachi Fudo against a MOB of high level could reach damage of 10+k without using mythic or relic or empy. To reach a similar amount of damage with blu i must have Tizona with tons and tons of equip, and even in this case is still difficult.

Diffusion and duration of buff is an issue? well really easy to solve:

Animal ConcentrationDuration 1m or till next buff spell / Recast 7s Double the cost of your next buff spell to grant a bonus on duration effect / Impossible to stack with Diffusion and Unbridled Wisdom/Learning

It will work similar to pianissimo with the recast time to allow us to get buffed
    i don't think for many spells that making them during twice is enough on the other hand buffs like refresh or haste could reach a peak of 10m of duration, if you think it well there will be no difference since the ratio MP/Duration will still be the same.

Nature's Meditation Boost ->3M
    Orcis Counterstance Boost ->4M
    Cocoon boost -> 3M
    Barrier Tusk ->4M

Battery Charge ->10M
    Haste's Spells -> 10M

Here we are, we have solved the problem of BLU magic Duration and diffusion.
    (1)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4