Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I mean, you folks just gave BRDs (I am one, full disclosure) easy access to 3 songs - while I supported that because it was getting ridiculous in terms of getting an invite as a normal BRD - I don't see how it's even conceivable to worry that our buffs would somehow be overpowered (especially comparatively) if they lasted a bit longer.
    (5)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    How about traits that BLU receives normally that do not require setting spells which increase the duration of blue magic enhancing on yourself. So at 99 spells last double duration on yourself but obviously wouldn't extend that double duration to others when you Diffusion. A fast cast trait sounds terrible because what if the spell that has the Fast Cast trait attached to it is terrible or not good? If it's weak or useless, we won't bother wasting 6-7 Blue Points to set it for a measly 5% Fast Cast which is what it will probably be.

If they gave Blue Mage tier'd traits that extend the duration of Blue Magic enhancing spells on ourselves, it would serve to both extend Blue Magic duration for ourselves while having no effect on the duration others receive when we use Diffusion. Also having a 3-5min duration could not possibly be overpowered for Diffusion since Battery Charge and Animating Wail are 5 min in duration, Diffusion is a 10 minute recast and only affects our party.
    (5)

Character
    Darwena
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    So what? We have iLv119 but OMG, don't let them be a little more powerful, players will maybe happy and we don't want that...
    (2)

If it bleeds, I can kill it.
    If it doesn't bleeds...
    I can probably kill it too.

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

When it comes to adjustments that extend the effect duration of buffs, we need to look into this very carefully because blue mages have access to Diffusion, and there is a concern that the support capability may become too powerful for short battles.

However, as blue mages need to auto-attack and perform other physical attacks, we understand that they are losing out on damage when they need to reapply buffs, especially in the current times where the pace of battle is speeding up. As such, we would like to make improvements.

For example, we’d like to make it so buffs can be reapplied in a shorter amount of time by adding a fast cast job trait that can be acquired through blue magic sets and we would also like to add more equipment for blue mages that has fast cast.
    OMG wouldn't want blu to be wanted for anything now would we. It is total BS when schs and brds can already do this for short fights and be more effective then most blu buffs. You know and we know excuses when we hear them.
    (2)

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Does Diffusion work with UL spells? Perhaps that is what they are afraid of. It still seems like a non-issue to me and apparently everyone else.

It's also baffling because if they are worried about BLU's support side becoming too powerful (let's pretend for argument sake that this is a valid concern), there are so many ways they could counter this. They could add a duration penalty to diffusion, create a trait that extends duration for self cast blue magic, or add a piece of gear that doubles duration of blue enhancing magic received (reforged Mavi anyone?). There are so many options.

Adding more tiers of fast cast or more fast cast gear is definitely NOT the way to go. Some of the spells already cast very quickly and the job already can't equip all of the traits and spells it needs to.

I don't think a corresponding post was made in the JP forum (I'll check), but I have a feeling no one would be I favor of this adjustment over longer duration.
    (2)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    What is a short fight these days? I doubt most people would be defusioning for a fight that wouldn't be worth having to wait out the recast timer.
    (0)

Giving blu fast cast is the worst idea ever! Fix the spells completely ! Don't add more fast cap equip because we already have fast cast armor for every slot except ammo.....
    Add armor like bard "increases blue effect duration" or give us somthing like composure or perpetuance.. Not armor...
    Unless your gonna give us new enhancing blue magics for 6 point equip which add tier 3 fast cast or higher (which would piss off redmage) then fast cast would do nothing more than what it's currently doing now...

Give us more blue spell slots
    Get rid of the 1 min cool down
    Give us more Eco system spells with xhits

Fix that first!
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaraixx View Post
    I don't think a corresponding post was made in the JP forum (I'll check), but I have a feeling no one would be I favor of this adjustment over longer duration.
    JP BLU forum is deader than dead. No wonder this job gets so little love.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I had a JP friend post the Tourbillion bug on there once. It was immediately put on the multiple bugs category.
    (1)

Character
    Encore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    How about traits that BLU receives normally that do not require setting spells which increase the duration of blue magic enhancing on yourself. So at 99 spells last double duration on yourself but obviously wouldn't extend that double duration to others when you Diffusion. A fast cast trait sounds terrible because what if the spell that has the Fast Cast trait attached to it is terrible or not good? If it's weak or useless, we won't bother wasting 6-7 Blue Points to set it for a measly 5% Fast Cast which is what it will probably be.

If they gave Blue Mage tier'd traits that extend the duration of Blue Magic enhancing spells on ourselves, it would serve to both extend Blue Magic duration for ourselves while having no effect on the duration others receive when we use Diffusion. Also having a 3-5min duration could not possibly be overpowered for Diffusion since Battery Charge and Animating Wail are 5 min in duration, Diffusion is a 10 minute recast and only affects our party.
    Neat idea but I can't imagine them allowing double duration because you'd have 10 minute Refresh and Haste. They could introduce a couple of percentage based traits like so:

[Insert Job Trait Name] Tier 1 - Increases duration of enhancing effect received by blue magic spells by 12%
    [Insert Job Trait Name] Tier 2 - Increases duration of enhancing effect received by blue magic spells by 20%

Except spells that grant shorter duration enhancements would gain far less. N. Meditation would go from 1 minute to 1 minute and 12 seconds.

There's a small group of spells that fall under the same tier... N. Meditation, Triumphant Roar, Saline Coat, Plasma Charge, Barrier Tusk etc..

Just manually adjust these spells to last longer, and please be liberal.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sixtythree; 06-15-2014 at 05:29 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast