Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Even if your not an "einstein" at math. I would think the message would at least come across as, "While you might be doing more damage, per hit, per WS or, per spell". Being able to do all more often would greatly add to the damage, and even overhaul it. I'm not particularly good in mathematics, that's my boyfriend's stronghold, but at least that's what I got out of reading greatguardian and Karbuncle's posts.
    (4)

My God. I don't know how GreatGuardian has not thrown his PC out the freaking window yet. I applaud you. You have more patience than I do. It's why I have stopped posting here. Takes too much effort to subdue my anger.
    (5)

Character
    Sakurawr
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 92
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenshibaby View Post
    Well since you are the one who doesn't know that 0.8 to 1.0 is a 25% increase, maybe it is YOU who should stop right now. You have nothing on my character, do you? If so, please elaborate. My character has been ranked mostly in the teens ranked on FFXIAH for years before Abyssea, which isn't amazing, but certainly keeps me from being gimp. Maybe you would be so kind as to show us your character, if you are not too ashamed?
    I had a feeling you were going to bring up that figure.

Let's go through the math. Are we assuming 0 level difference and a 1handed weapon?

300/250 = 1.20 cRatio (with condition dLVL=0).

pDIF_min = 0.94
    pDIF_max = 1.44
    pDIF_average(assuming modal distribution; no proof of this but since I assume it for both, shouldn't hurt) = 1.19

330/250 = 1.32 cRatio

pDIF_min = 1
    pDIF_max = 1.58
    pDIF_average = 1.29

d(pDIF_min) = +6.4%
    d(pDIF_max) = +9.7%
    d(pDIF_average) = +8.4%

Predicted increase from adding 30 Attack in this case was 10%. What's the actual increase?

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian
    Going from 700 to 770 Attack is less than a 10% increase in damage, not more.
    Less than the predicted figure, as GG implied. Level correction can make it more but still... the Attack approximation does work nicely as an approximation.

inb4 you bring up an extreme case of pDIF bounds shifting like on ranged attacks or try to compare maxima and minima after the randomiser to inflate the percentage increases.

Now the math side is out of the way, FFXIAH ranking means nothing. Having a Maat's Cap simply means you have the patience to grind jobs... nothing more. It says nothing about your ability with each individual one, and indeed Maat's Cap is actually a stigma as most pre-Abyssea Maat's Caps were shockingly terrible.

To speak in plain, harsh terms - I would be ashamed of having that gear if I had all of those levelled jobs.

As for my character, bite me: http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Bahamut/Raenryong
    (6)
    This is Sakurawr, not Raen D:

Character
    Khiinroye
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Here's a situation where march/march is the wrong choice:

Daurdabla (lv 90)

march/march/minuet, or march/march/ballad for plds and blus.

The trials aren't that hard, just very time consuming.

Anyways, what +march value are you using for your numbers? +2 (standard instrument), +3 (instrument and aoidos' manchettes +2 OR 90 ghorn) or +4 (90 ghorn and aiodos' manchettes +2)

And to rog way back at the start of the thread: Yes, your rdm needs to skill divine when they finish raising the level caps--rdm/whm will get repose at lv 96.
    (0)

Character
    Ramsos
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiinroye View Post
    Here's a situation where march/march is the wrong choice:

Daurdabla (lv 90)

march/march/minuet, or march/march/ballad for plds and blus.

The trials aren't that hard, just very time consuming.
    Seriously? This is your argument? I'm dumbfounded.
    (1)

Character
    Sakurawr
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 92
    I'm 99% sure he's messing around.
    (1)

Character
    Ramsos
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RaenRyong View Post
    I'm 99% sure he's messing around.
    Its so hard to tell who is trolling and who isnt on these boards, theres such rampant stupidity everywhere you look.
    (1)

Character
    Sakurawr
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 92
    True, I'll give you that.
    (0)

Character
    Tenshibaby
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by RaenRyong View Post
    Are you just desperate to try to score a cheap point, or were you not paying attention when I said I didn't bring out my stored gear for the easy NM? I am leveling DNC and quick-changed to BST for Valiant knife.
    By your logic I could mock you only having one weapon equipped.

And fwiw, I'm not really impressed at all by your gear. You have very little that I don't have, and nothing that I have desired. An almace might be nice, but I haven't cared about relics/mythics/empyreans enough to pursue one, aside from relic gear, of which I have 80 pieces out of 100 last I checked.

And lol @ your Haste-whoreness, rather have people see you with a 1% Haste neck than the Mavi scarf!?
    (0)

Character
    Ramsos
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenshibaby View Post
    Are you just desperate to try to score a cheap point, or were you not paying attention when I said I didn't bring out my stored gear for the easy NM? I am leveling DNC and quick-changed to BST for Valiant knife.
    By your logic I could mock you only having one weapon equipped.

And fwiw, I'm not really impressed at all by your gear. You have very little that I don't have, and nothing that I have desired. An almace might be nice, but I haven't cared about relics/mythics/empyreans enough to pursue one, aside from relic gear, of which I have 80 pieces out of 100 last I checked.

And lol @ your Haste-whoreness, rather have people see you with a 1% Haste neck than the Mavi scarf!?
    Unless you are capped haste, 1% haste > w/e stats on mavi scarf for TPing. Are you one of those people who "doesnt believe in gear swapping"? If so, it explains alot.
    (1)

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast