Character
    Fritobandito
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50

Service cancellation with game time remaining

I need to cancel my service for a time, so I did so on the account management site. Got the email notification, everything seemed fine.

I still had some game time left for the month from my final payment, so I was going to log in and play a little, but could not get logged into Playonline.

Once I reactivated my account, it would allow me to log in. So, is there some way to be able to log in after my subscription is cancelled and play out the time I have remaining?

Thanks.
    (0)

Character
    Dsherman
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    If you cancel the Playonline Account (or the Square-Enix account), I believe it's immediate. However, if you instead cancel the "Option" (formerly "Content ID") for your the character, you will be able to login until the end of the current subscription period.

There is a definite difference between canceling a single character option, and canceling the entire account. However, either of these cancellations will stop all future billing.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritobandito View Post
    I need to cancel my service for a time, so I did so on the account management site. Got the email notification, everything seemed fine.

I still had some game time left for the month from my final payment, so I was going to log in and play a little, but could not get logged into Playonline.

Once I reactivated my account, it would allow me to log in. So, is there some way to be able to log in after my subscription is cancelled and play out the time I have remaining?

Thanks.
    You need to cancel ONLY your FFXI characters, and not your playonline account. Disabling your playonline account will not allow you to log on to playonline.
    (1)