Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Monstrosity: When is Content Going to be Released?

It's been 8 months since Monstrosity's release and given how long it's been without any content to use monsters on or anything to really do besides level monsters, it's still rather popular. SE, you've landed a potentially huge hit here but you need to take steps to insure that it stays relevant and is given proper attention.

I had hoped with this past update that something for Monstrosity would be coming our way. No such luck. We desperately need content, much more accessibility to zones and battles and depth in it's battle system. The only reason I'm still playing FFXI is because of Monstrosity and I've been leveling in Monstrosity for months now in preparation for all the coming content. So, at this point, 8 months later, I have to ask, When are we going to get:

"Monipulator vs. Monipulator Combat
    Monstrosity Quests
    Monipulator Cooperative Play
    Additional Exclusive Content
    Greater Rewards
    ...and more!"

We need this stuff "and more." Now I'm not asking for a play by play of the next 6 months for Monstrosity but I have to ask Camate to ask the Monstrosity dev team: Can we get a rough idea about what is being worked on? Which piece of content is coming next and a general idea of when it's going to be released? Again, Monstrosity and the things you can use it with are the only things a truly care about in FFXI anymore so this is important to know if I'm going to keep playing.
    (5)

Character
    Darkbewd
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mefuki View Post
    Again, Monstrosity and the things you can use it with are the only things a truly care about in FFXI anymore so this is important to know if I'm going to keep playing.
    You're definitely not alone, I love Monstrosity to the point where it's basically become my "main game" and all of my adventurer stuff has become "fun side content" mostly for the sake of doing things like obtaining spells for my monsters to use. It's saddening that this event started off so strongly with so much depth and potential only to get swept under the rug. It's gotten to the point where I basically don't play until an update rolls around with Monstrosity content in it, I get my fill of it, then stop playing again. We REALLY need a huge content update for this soon, something along the lines of party play, Campaign/Boss content that you can jump into, and something small-ish like more expansion zones or something I've wanted for a long time; the ability to learn magic through scrolls while on monsters of the appropriate job or level.
    I personally would also love to see non-battle based content for Monstrosity similar to harvesting or fishing for those times when you're all battled out, but still would like to enjoy playing as a monster and possibly cobble together some change for those fancy magic scrolls.
    (3)

Player
    Party content, BCNM style content, a coliseum for PvP specifically, and more zones/belligerency zones would be amazing. All that keeps me away from Monstrosity right now is the lack of parties and the lack of Double XP because once I hit 60s and things slow down, just like playing as a normal character, I just lose interest in it without burning it out(BLM -ga burning in Monst).
    (1)

Please release more content for this... the system is great and a lot of fun if you would actually add meaning to it... Would be so awesome to use monsters in BCNMs or even things like teaming up for special quests that you defeat a NM or something. Give heavy metal plates, alexandrite etc as rewards and you have everyone doing it.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yeah seems odd you'd spend this much effort into this whole system and then stop short in several areas. Especially considering how popular it is despite massive flaws such as horrible rewards (not to mention they are horrible to try and get in the first) that use a whole system for augmentation that is probably the best augmentation systems in the game... but with the worst augments. Or as previously mentioned not adding any of the stuff you said you would almost a year ago.

Just adding new species isn't going to cut it. Need to be able to use it in real content and/or expand it to actually be more than just a constant grind of lvling solo. And so many fun things you could do besides what you said was planned forever ago... like adding worthwhile rewards. If nothing else just allow people to augment SoA gear using the monstrosity system and add items similar to what the RoE AMAN vouchers get you if you don't feel like adding new items. Event wise why not let us participate in things like besieged/campaign battles... on the side of the beastmen!!! Maybe let us pop nms or something. And have an uncapped mvm or mvp zone please
    (2)
    Last edited by dasva; 04-09-2014 at 02:27 PM.

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Event wise why not let us participate in things like besieged/campaign battles... on the side of the beastmen!!!
    That sounds like such a cool idea.

Campaign, BCNM/mission BCs, Abyssea access, NM popping ability etc. There's a lot you can do with content. That's not even getting into party play, Mon V Mon, access to more zones and belligerency(uncapped and balanced for iLvl considerations) in all said zones. And like you said:

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    If nothing else just allow people to augment SoA gear using the monstrosity system and add items similar to what the RoE AMAN vouchers get you if you don't feel like adding new items.
    Great idea. RoE already allows me to work on goals while being a Monipulator so I'd like that to be expanded so I can work on other game content as one or work on other rewards as one.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mefuki; 04-10-2014 at 09:03 PM.

Greetings,

I checked in with the lead monipulator himself, Iwagami, and found out some of the plans that are on the horizon. Please keep in mind, however, that this is all still in the planning phases and there is a possibility that details may change.

When it comes to new content for monstrosity the team's plan is to create large scale PvP content that is reminiscent of campaign battles. Essentially, players will be able to become monipulators and join one of two NPC groups that are fighting each other, and aim to make it so their group wins.

As this is content that will require various features including a new interface, it will take a bit of time before it is implemented, but we will continue to share information as progress is made.
    (17)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Shadaax
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    When it comes to new content for monstrosity the team's plan is to create large scale PvP content that is reminiscent of campaign battles. Essentially, players will be able to become monipulators and join one of two NPC groups that are fighting each other, and aim to make it so their group wins.
    Oooh, this sounds interesting and may actually revive an interest in PvP. Add some rewards that make doing it worthwhile and you may have a winner here. I look forward to 5 years from now when this is implemented. :P
    (2)
    I reject your reality and substitute my own...
    - Adam Savage

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

I checked in with the lead monipulator himself, Iwagami, and found out some of the plans that are on the horizon. Please keep in mind, however, that this is all still in the planning phases and there is a possibility that details may change.

As this is content that will require various features including a new interface, it will take a bit of time before it is implemented, but we will continue to share information as progress is made.
    While this sounds very exciting, please, stress with them the fact that party play is needed right now, not in months or after the implementation of that feature. Monstrosity has been out a very long time now and party play has always been something people have looked forward to, the content is getting to be less fun the more we have to level monsters alone and those who are leveling it alone are killing their chances to play with others in this content once this is released. For example I do a lot of Monstrosity right now and am taking almost everything to level 60~75. While I'm doing this my GF is low on play time most often and hasn't gotten her Mons very high at all, this means when party play is released we won't easily be able to play with one another unless we start brand new monsters, especially when I may not have any at that time anymore.

Please, stress how important party play implementation is right now.
    (8)

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Yeah soloing is a drag, and as far as the whole battle PvP thing goes, no one is really doing Balista at all, so honestly I don't see people leveling a MON just to star in a new form of it. MON PTs however, that's where your money maker is; as well as adding Level Sync and EXP rings.
    (0)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast