Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

April Patch -- New ilvl119 Weapons

I'd like some clarification here, and there may be other people who would like some on the weapons, too, or maybe just discuss them.

The DNC-only Dagger. Does it actually give 10 TP per tick, or am I going to be very disappointed when I put it on and get 1 TP per tick while sambaing? Because I am going to be rather pissed if I get that dagger and it does not work as advertised. We already had this issue over the DNC Job Point ability.
    (0)

It is 10 TP, on SE's new TP scale, where 3000 TP is the maximum, and WSes use 1000 TP.
    (3)

Character
    Jinzha
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings, everyone.

Thanks for the feedback thus far on the new job point system. I’d like to pass on some information in response to comments we have been seeing.
    • Circle-type abilities
      We are currently preparing to add more job point categories moving forward, but we are planning to start with the abilities you learn at low levels and move up from there, which is why at the moment there are a lot of circle-type abilities that can be enhanced.

We understand there are a lot of requests for other categories and the development team is working hard to release the next group of categories.

• Capacity point amount
      We had wanted to introduce chain bonuses for this; however, the original concept of chain bonuses (earn a bonus by defeating monsters that are higher in level than yourself within a certain time frame) was not appropriate for an item level system where you can change your level at any time. As such we decided to hold off on this.

In the future we would like to add elements such as dedication and chain bonuses.

Also, in regards to the amount of capacity points you need to earn, we’d like to monitor the current situation for a bit, and depending on the necessity we may make adjustments in the future.

Finally, the following is additional information on dancer's Trance category.
    • Dancer’s Trance
      Each job point boosts the amount of TP increased when Trance is used by 10.

Looking at the system from an internal perspective, TP is calculated with decimal points up to the tenths. However, showing this via the UI is quite difficult, and thus it is displayed with the whole number values you see every day. The system has been built this way so that in the future we can add equipment and abilities that affect TP on the tenths scale.

In the future, we'd like to look into a method to display this more easily via the UI, such as making the maximum TP 3000.
    I was having a bit of trouble remembering where this came from, but it was from the post about DNC and their trance 1hr JP point augments. Regardless of them slightly mentioning this, I think this new TP system was kind of a ninja add that really needs to be explained to avoid mass confusion.
    (0)

Character
    Archedian
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Not that anyone really cares, but I thought I'd mention that I did get Ohtas (The PUP +10 Regain h2h) and they're in fact 1% regain only. So everyone can put their minds at ease now.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If it gave 10 current tp per tick it would be insane broken, lol
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Well an old PUP weapon did give 10tp/tic...

...to your pet.
    But that got patched anyway. It stayed at 10tp/tic for quite a loooooong time though.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.