Character
    Autymn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Expand /checkparam for mages please!!

Checkparam is awesome, but is not as useful for mages. It would be awesome if it included Magic Accuracy and MAB for at least Black Mage. I'm sure other mages can comment on what would be useful for them. At least Magic Accuracy, please!
    (4)

Greetings,

Since the numbers used for each type of magic spell are different when it comes to magic stats, it’s difficult to express this value in /checkparam in a uniform way, but the development team is looking into displaying the total amount of magic accuracy found on your equipment.

Additionally, the team is looking into adding information about your TP gain and haste value to the /checkparam feature, which is currently scheduled for implementation sometime after the June version update.
    (7)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Could you at least tell us how each magic spell uses the numbers differently?
    (2)

Player
    Well certain things are complicated. Obviously Magic Accuracy is a very specific stat, it can't take into acount Skill because every school of magic has its own magic accuracy, additionally some spells have fixed accuracy or 'bonus accuracy' (a while back it was mentioned that higher tier nukes have higher accuracy than lower tier nukes for example).
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Well certain things are complicated. Obviously Magic Accuracy is a very specific stat, it can't take into acount Skill because every school of magic has its own magic accuracy, additionally some spells have fixed accuracy or 'bonus accuracy' (a while back it was mentioned that higher tier nukes have higher accuracy than lower tier nukes for example).
    Yeah know I keep hearing that higher tier thing now and then but where was this mentioned?

But yeah I understand it's complicated that's why I was asking for them to give us a clue on how they work so we could at least math it out ourselves if they can't put it into a checkparam. Like say most use 1 for 1 skill but these spells have XXX greater/lesser accuracy and these have multiple resist states which make it seem more accurate.

Actually would be awesome if there was an npc somewhere like maybe make a training center where you could make a "dummy" mob and check various parameters compared to you. So you could see what your crit rate or hit rate or magic hit rate or proc rate etc on something would be with a specific set up including spefic spells/abilities
    (0)

Character
    Cymmina
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yeah know I keep hearing that higher tier thing now and then but where was this mentioned?
    It was documented in the patch notes by SE, pre-Zillart. If you dig enough, I'm sure you'll find it.

Found on wayback machine for 12/19/2002

Elemental magic received accuracy bonuses so that tier-II was harder to resist than tier-I, and tier-III harder to resist than tier-II.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200812200...ton.com/?p=157
    (0)
    Last edited by Cymmina; 04-23-2014 at 12:36 AM.
    In the year that I was gone, SCH went from a job no one wanted to a job that gets to use their 2-hour and go sit in the corner. I guess that's progress?

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    So before NA release? No wonder I never saw those notes. Well than I want numbers!!! Also that site isn't loading for me but does it say anything about aga? Also that was so long ago did AM/t4 exist... bah I want to test but wonder if they might just give us the numbers
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

Since the numbers used for each type of magic spell are different when it comes to magic stats, it’s difficult to express this value in /checkparam in a uniform way, but the development team is looking into displaying the total amount of magic accuracy found on your equipment.

Additionally, the team is looking into adding information about your TP gain and haste value to the /checkparam feature, which is currently scheduled for implementation sometime after the June version update.
    Greetings,

I was able to gather some responses to a few of your questions.
    • Removal from battlefields when disconnecting solo
      This is a feature that is shared amongst all of the instanced areas. In order to address this we would have to reconstruct the core system for instances and as such this is not something we can easily do.

The development team is prioritizing the creation of new content and other adjustments, and they do not have any plans at the moment to change the rules or mechanics of content where we’ve eliminated the participation requirements.
    • Enmity cap increase
      I’ve made a post earlier today about our plans for enmity adjustment, so please be sure to check it out.
    • /checkparam command
      In the event we were to address every stat in the game for /checkparam it would churn out a very lengthy log message, so we will not be able to address every single one of them. However, the system was made so we could display more stats, so if there are some you feel particularly strong about, please let us know and we can look into adding them.
    In regards to /checkparam:
    Please, add magic accuracy to the list of stats. I really don't care how complicated it is.
    Main Accuracy #### / Main Attack ####
    Sub Accuracy #### / Sub Attack ####
    Ranged Accuracy #### / Ranged Attack ####
    Evasion #### / Defense ####
    White Magics: Divine Accuracy #### / Healing Accuracy #### / Enfeebling Accuracy ####
    Black Magics: Enfeebling Accuracy #### / Elemental Accuracy #### / Dark Accuracy ####
    Blue magic Accuracy ####
    Song Accuracy ####
    Geomancy Accuracy ####
    Magic Evasion #### / Magic Defense ####

IF: There are further magic accuracy specifics.
    Then: Use the number that comes before those extra steps.
    Example: total m.acc = [m.acc from skill + m.acc from equipment + (STR/DEX/...)] + element: m.acc + specific spell m.acc
    only use the numbers inside the [] for /checkparam.
    (0)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Greetings,

Any word on this? change or update?
    I would think that adding a few fields to the code would be simple so it would display:

Name:
    Average Item Level:
    Primary Accuracy / Primary Attack
    Aux Accuracy / Aux Attack
    Ranged Accuracy / Ranged Attack
    Evasion / Defense
    Magic Acc / Magic Atk Bonus
    Magic Def Bonus / Magic Evasion

We understand that the numbers for the spells are used by different types of magic differently. But that should not be an issue when we are looking at raw stats.
    (0)