I reached Alchemy 100 back in 2006. In 2010 I leveled other crafts to 60. Last month I raised all those to 70. So I try to keep all my crafts capped. So I thought it was kind of cool when they raised the skill cap to 110 two years ago. I was chagrinned to notice that one important factor was forgotten: viable skillup recipes.

And it seems like this is uneven. Some crafts can make it to 110 but some can't. Seems like Cooking is actually doable without financially ruining you. Woodworking is expensive but I've heard it's actually doable.

But alchemy.. I can't see any way to get up to 110. Malison Medallions seem like the best thing to start with. I can probably gather enough Neutralizing Silver, Silver Chains, Holy Water, Hallowed Water, and the associated Anima to craft these things over time. But then they throw in Heliodors. I rarely see these on auction and they're so rare that I can't see any way to farm them effectively. Even when available, they're 60,000 gil apiece. And I wouldn't so much mind the expense if I thought there would be a decent chance of skilling up. But when I do any kind of synthesis where I'm below cap, the chances of actually skilling up are so random. When doing my crafts to 70, I had to do dozens of synths per level. It didn't bother me much because materials were so plentiful and usually not that expensive. But here, in Expert territory, where you're lucky to get the materials for a single synth, that's just unacceptable.

So please provide viable paths to skilling up crafts beyond 100 Here are a few ideas:

1) Recipes with common or NPC purchaseable ingredients.
2) Vastly increase the rate of crafting skill gains.
3) Some sort of crafting skill up tome you can buy with sparks, like the combat and magic skill gain tomes.

I hate that there was content released 2 years ago that is essentially meaningless because nobody can do it.