Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrykitty View Post
    Hello Camate,

This alter-egos thing is great... However, there's another issue that needs to be addressed and if it belongs in another tag, please let me know. Message follows:

How about un-bottle-necking FFXI by making delve an open battlefield (and other battlefields) like WKR so more casual players can participate in them without being excluded. First off, I'm not going to pay 6,000,000 gil to a group of people I don't even know just so I can get a win for delve or AA. Then have every attempt at me forming my own group to be sabotaged by the same group of people selling those wins. These groups will join delve and AA groups in key positions intentionally, then purposely KO themselves, and tell everyone that its too difficult with the current group set-up and that their LINKSHELL is willing to sell wins for 6-10 million gil (negotiable). I am sick and tired of this. Please address this issue and make it fair for all of us to participate in these battlefields. Make this game enjoyable again for those of us with full-time careers so we can advance in this game too. We shouldn't be penalized by groups of people by not having enough time set aside to advance in a system that's totally gear based. Thank you.
    I don't think we need this for delve or AA fights. I like WKRs the way they are now for the very reasons you just mentioned, but we already have adjustable difficulty settings for AA, and the ability to enter delve with six people now. I'm sorry if you're having issues with people sabotaging your runs, but I'm seeing even the most casual of linkshells on our server getting these clears. I've personally joined pickup groups for Morimar and Forret, and AA fights on normal or difficult (not VD) and been successful. Pickup groups are often more challenging, but I think until we have new end game content that's harder, Delve and AA provide enough of a challenge where you have to stay on your toes, but aren't so impossible that casual players can't clear them with some practice.
    (1)

Yeah if she's having her runs sabotaged by 'that same group of people', then stop inviting 'that same group of people'! /Blacklist them, check which LS they are in and make sure that you always /check people that you invite, to make sure that they aren't in that LS.

P.S. if it's 6 mil for 1 of the 3 new zones, I'd take it. That's cheap! 15 mil on Phoenix
    (0)

Greetings, everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

It will not be possible to summon alter egos while you are level synced. However, this is something that we would like to do in the future and we will be looking into addressing this.
    As an update to the above, the development team will be addressing this in the July version update.
    (12)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Kheper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings, everyone!

As an update to the above, the development team will be addressing this in the July version update.
    While they're at it, can the devs please make it possible to summon Alter Egos for Voidwatch? Currently they despawn when a Voidwatch NM is spawned.
    (1)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Is there a bug with Trust at the moment? Sometimes when I'm in a party and try to summon an NPC I get the message that I cant cast at this time. It isnt the same message you get where you can't cast in the area, like dynamis for example, its the message you get if you aren't party lead, even if you currently are.

It's happened to me a few times over the last couple of days and I`m just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Calatilla View Post
    Is there a bug with Trust at the moment? Sometimes when I'm in a party and try to summon an NPC I get the message that I cant cast at this time. It isnt the same message you get where you can't cast in the area, like dynamis for example, its the message you get if you aren't party lead, even if you currently are.

It's happened to me a few times over the last couple of days and I`m just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.
    There are a few conditions that have to be met at the moment to call trusts:

120 seconds after entering a new zone;
    120 seconds after inviting a new player;
    No enmity towards any mobs (I assume that this is all party members, but it might just be leader).
    (0)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Actually, I think 120 seconds after entering a new zone was a mistranslation or something. I'm able to summon Trusts right after zoning.
    (0)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cfpeJGwi2KhQjNvCkk5Cg

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrykitty View Post
    Hello Camate,

This alter-egos thing is great... However, there's another issue that needs to be addressed and if it belongs in another tag, please let me know. Message follows:

How about un-bottle-necking FFXI by making delve an open battlefield (and other battlefields) like WKR so more casual players can participate in them without being excluded. First off, I'm not going to pay 6,000,000 gil to a group of people I don't even know just so I can get a win for delve or AA. Then have every attempt at me forming my own group to be sabotaged by the same group of people selling those wins. These groups will join delve and AA groups in key positions intentionally, then purposely KO themselves, and tell everyone that its too difficult with the current group set-up and that their LINKSHELL is willing to sell wins for 6-10 million gil (negotiable). I am sick and tired of this. Please address this issue and make it fair for all of us to participate in these battlefields. Make this game enjoyable again for those of us with full-time careers so we can advance in this game too. We shouldn't be penalized by groups of people by not having enough time set aside to advance in a system that's totally gear based. Thank you.
    I solved this problem by not doing Delve. Why don't you try that and just do the hundred OTHER things there are in the game.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    I solved this problem by not doing Delve. Why don't you try that and just do the hundred OTHER things there are in the game.
    The problem is that, unlike in the past, where there was a lot of useful stuff obtained through all sorts of content everything in delve (with new delve armor etc) obseletes pretty much everything else. So the issue many players, especially those with less playtime encounter, is it really seems like a bloody waste of time to go through a lot of trouble to get gear that when you finally do get doing delve, will be completely utterly useless. The lack of "stats that matter" make it so these pieces aren't even useful in niche application or as macro gear. In the past you could use something that would later become macro gear while you worked towards stuff for your main (TP and WS) sets. Now, most gear becomes complete trash as soon as you get a delve slot.

Realistically would have been smarter to save the 12+ mill total I spent on my BST, THF and BLU JSE weapons and bought one of the new wins, most of which include all gear dropped during the run. Delve should have ALWAYS been "just another" event of many which dropped similar strength gear.

The developers of this game suck at progression and the community sucks at bridging people so there can be progression. Most content is dead on arrival because of this. It would have been better for JSE/skirmish (essentially all 119 gear) to be roughly equal but nooooo, SE doesn't know how to balance anything (or is uninterested in it) so most 119 gear is completely worthless. Heck my skirmish 119 sets actually have LOWER stats than some of the 117 bayld gear, even after spending millions of gil in stones on augmenting it. (It's completely stupid for me to use a +1 wailing stone and get ONLY -PDT 1% or something pathetic like that... NEEDS to be a floor for higher tier stone augments)

It's stupid.
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 07-08-2014 at 04:30 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3