Character
    Keityan
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Disabling Skillchain Command

In large party play, the rate of WS between players is very high which removes one aspect of organized play, "Skillchain->Magic Burst" from the alliance. When alliances are loaded with melees/RNGs that are highly buffed, coordination is impossible because of WS overlap. By adding this coordination aspect back to the game, it can give magic damage jobs more tactical aspects of play.

Is it possible for the development team to add a function to the game that would disable players from skillchaining? For example by typing in "/skillchain off", the players' WS will not create a skillchain or interrupt another one. An example of where this exists in the game is "Spirits Within" which would could be used inbetween two WS without affecting a skillchain from occuring.

In an alliance battle, most players can disable skillchain damage except for 1-2 players that would coordinate skillchains. These 1-2 players can, with "/skillchain on", add a "Skillchain-Magic Burst" aspect back into the game that can be used as a viable strategy that magic damage jobs can utilize.
    (1)

Character
    Kuvo
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I get your point but I think it's just better for people to communicate more in party chat. In today's game it seems that if you talk during a party people get frustrated with you but it's part of being in a party. This is a community and if you talk in party and set up skillchains with others and set up the right macro, there shouldn't be that overlap your talking about. But the way the devs have taken this game in a direction of solitude I don't think they will implement this. They just don't care
    (0)

If you're in a setting where WSes happen so fast that you can't SC and MB properly, I'd say you have a high enough damage output to not need the SC/MB damage anyway.
    (0)

Character
    Keityan
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuvo View Post
    I get your point but I think it's just better for people to communicate more in party chat. In today's game it seems that if you talk during a party people get frustrated with you but it's part of being in a party. This is a community and if you talk in party and set up skillchains with others and set up the right macro, there shouldn't be that overlap your talking about. But the way the devs have taken this game in a direction of solitude I don't think they will implement this. They just don't care
    You are not exactly a dev so there isn't a need to voice your opinion on whether they care or not. Based on their track record, they care about job balance and this would be a way that they can give magic damage a buff by making Skillchains more predictable. This has less to do with communication than you think. In alliance content, a buffed melee can WS in <8 seconds. With 6 melees, it's impossible to predict a skillchain because of the overlap. It also truncates magic burst timing. By making this more predictable, 1 or two melees can make skillchains extremely predictable, allowing backline magic type jobs close the damage gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage
    If you're in a setting where WSes happen so fast that you can't SC and MB properly, I'd say you have a high enough damage output to not need the SC/MB damage anyway.
    In higher tier content where magic damage/skillchains drops aura from Delve v2 bosses, your statement is not true.
    (0)

So tell your alliance to hold back on the WSes until you pull off the SC.
    (2)

Character
    Kuvo
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    So tell your alliance to hold back on the WSes until you pull off the SC.
    This would result in communicating with others which apparently he doesn't want to do. Instead he wants the developers to put in a system so the characters can't skillchain off others. Hmm in my opinion and my opinion only I don't feel the developers care about the sc system anymore and that's based off track record. If they really do care then it's my mistake.
    (1)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Getting skillchains interrupted is something that has been happening for a long time. SAM & BLU know exactly what I am talking about as they are the jobs that could self skillchain from the get-go. And even with communication as a BLU I was taught to put in a macro that would call out my self-skillchain, but I found certain people would hold their TP and wait for that moment to purposely interrupt the skillchain, or to "steal" my chain affinity, and rarely to continue a light or dark off my fusion at low levels, and double light/dark at higher levels. I like the idea of being able to stop others from skillchaining off of me or stopping my self skillchains. But Sadly I think that the way it is programed in (much like enmity) it would be to much work for the devs. Good idea though. For now however, communication is key if you want to skillchain and magic burst.
    (1)

If devs added extreme value to skill chains people might stop just dumping tp at 100 on strongest WS. In situations when skillchain is highly valuable it's best to communicate with the party before hand.

Otherwise people will just dump TP until devs make it more tactical to do chains etc.
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html