Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
    Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Another thing they could do is lengthen the timers on the fights so what people view as weaker jobs would have a chance to participate, right now only WKR and reives have no time limits on them, and with server populations as low as they are I can't imagine congestion being a real issue
    (3)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by crptaculous View Post
    I can understand SE not wanting pets to be directly targetable by player characters for buffs and cures, such that it would only promote solo play, and you’d see the days of yore of BST’s soloing everything (I know...I was one of them). Not from subjob, but rather, from at minimum one other player character (ie: dual/multi-boxing).

So, instead, if SE doesn’t want to risk that, I have one more suggestions in two different ways for pet jobs (smn, bst, pup, and yes geo and drg too). Not suggesting both, but one or the other:
    a) Passive Status Enhancement Copy Trait that would always instantly copy the current status enhancements from the master to the pet (food included, so therefore SE wouldn’t have to make pet enhancement foods).
    b) Active Status Enhancement Copy Ability, on a 5 minute recast, that copies whatever buffs are on the pet owner at the time of use, onto the pet.

Furthermore: if the developers are too worried about being over-powered, the copy doesn’t have to be a full on copy (it would be nice though). That being said: it should be no less than a 50% potency of the current status enhancements from owner to pet.
    there is a simple fix to not make pet soloing to overpowered if you allow pets to get cured and recieve all buffs:

- make attacks/AoE that are DIRECTLY throwns To the pet deal normal damage like it does now and when attacks/AoE hit pets that were directed at a tank/otherplayer deal little to no dmg.
    There fixed it. your pet wont die in AoE damage, but it also doesnt become OP to solo every content.

This is exactly how pet damage works in other MMOs and its an excellent solution, it provides pet jobs the necessery sustainability in group play via buffs/cures/little damage taken on their pets, while not overpowering solo play.
    (5)

Character
    Pikachuninetail
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Sure, lets obliterate another thing that makes FFXI unique from other MMOs. God, you guys never learn do you? It's players like you people that got abby introduced which nearly killed the game. If not for SE realizing this and releasing a new expansion that actually complemented abby's "easy mode" leveling with challenging end game content, FFXI would be deader than a doornail by now.

You guys mistake "ease of travel" and the other updates which have made things mildly easier for casual players for SE deciding to "easy mode" FFXI. Wake up and smell the coffee burning people! You want easy mode gaming? Go play FFXIV! You want a challenging gaming experience? Play FFXI!
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
    Sure, lets obliterate another thing that makes FFXI unique from other MMOs. God, you guys never learn do you? It's players like you people that got abby introduced which nearly killed the game. If not for SE realizing this and releasing a new expansion that actually complemented abby's "easy mode" leveling with challenging end game content, FFXI would be deader than a doornail by now.

You guys mistake "ease of travel" and the other updates which have made things mildly easier for casual players for SE deciding to "easy mode" FFXI. Wake up and smell the coffee burning people! You want easy mode gaming? Go play FFXIV! You want a challenging gaming experience? Play FFXI!
    Did you post in the wrong thread, or do you really believe that allowing pet jobs to be useful in endgame will somehow ruin FFXI?
    (6)

Character
    Pikachuninetail
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    Did you post in the wrong thread, or do you really believe that allowing pet jobs to be useful in endgame will somehow ruin FFXI?
    No, I believe that pet jobs are fine the way they are. I solo as a pup all the time and I'm happy with that. If I want to party, I'll grab a non-pet job!
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    No, I believe that pet jobs are fine the way they are. I solo as a pup all the time and I'm happy with that. If I want to party, I'll grab a non-pet job!
    I'd really like for you to elaborate on your previous point. What harm would having pet jobs be equivalent to non-pet jobs do to the game? How, exactly, would FFXI become "easy mode" if that happened? Your satisfaction with the status quo doesn't have anything to do with your last post.
    (10)

Character
    Pikachuninetail
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    I'd really like for you to elaborate on your previous point. What harm would having pet jobs be equivalent to non-pet jobs do to the game? How, exactly, would FFXI become "easy mode" if that happened? Your satisfaction with the status quo doesn't have anything to do with your last post.
    Do you REALLY THINK SE would just out right give out a serious buff like that without an equally serious debuff? Pet jobs would surely lose their soloing ability but on the other end of the spectium, having a pet job in your party that you could buff said pet to be as powerful as lets say the pld or war would make battles delves and other types of battles "easy mode" due to parties essentially getting an extra party member dealing out as much dps as a nin or mnk. It would unbalance every battle they have out.
    (1)

Player

I can agree with this; to an extent, not wholly. For instance, there are a plethora of ways to make money in this game but ppl appear to have a issue dropping some gil on jugs. I will not mind if jugs were infinite (I even suggested it), however, I do not want XI to be akin to XIV; dead economy and ah, because there is no reason to buy anything. I did suggest infinite jugs, but i was simply tired of the flaming I got from stating that jugs were not expensive to me; So i was like, screw it, just make them questable. Pet jobs are not fine the way they are, but the economy is. I can agree with this "easy mode" to an extent. Gil is not that rare; I need something to blow it on.
    (0)

Character
    Jinzha
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It's players like you people that got abby introduced which nearly killed the game. If not for SE realizing this and releasing a new expansion that actually complemented abby's "easy mode" leveling with challenging end game content, FFXI would be deader than a doornail by now.
    !
    No no, my friend, it is players like you that make me eyeball my shotgun every day. If you're going to point fingers, you need to get your facts straight first. The FFXI forums weren't even in existence when Abyssea content was first released, so none of us are actually the ones who pointed Square Enix in the direction of what you call "easy mode". The shitter FFXI is in right now is entirely on them. Actually if Square Enix would take the time to listen to their players more often, the game might not be in the place it is today. Sadly players like you are the reason why we can't make FFXI better because every time we try to suggest something that is clearly a necessary implementation, Square Enix chickens out because they don't want to dissatisfy the one aberrant player who is overly conservative and decides that they want things to stay the way things are... That aberrant player being you.

Do you REALLY THINK SE would just out right give out a serious buff like that without an equally serious debuff? Pet jobs would surely lose their soloing ability but on the other end of the spectium, having a pet job in your party that you could buff said pet to be as powerful as lets say the pld or war would make battles delves and other types of battles "easy mode" due to parties essentially getting an extra party member dealing out as much dps as a nin or mnk. It would unbalance every battle they have out.
    Can you elaborate some more? I don't get where people come off writing a mini paragraph and thinking that their opinion is credible. If you want to convince any of us here that allowing pets to be cured and buffed is overpowered and would make pets the equivalent of a player, then show us some evidence (Numbers, examples, etc.). But in my opinion, just simply jumping to the conclusion that something like this will make a pet the equivalent of a player is a bit unconvincing. Talking strickly to everyone else, and not you, if you're going to jump on Krystal's band-wagon, I think you're entitled to hear a little bit more than what sounds like a hasty generalization.
    (11)
    Last edited by Jinzha; 04-23-2014 at 12:24 PM.

Player
    This was my train of thinking aswell; however, as a bst, this will not make pets powerful in delve. I cannot speak for pups or smn, because I am not one.

(Not directed at you) And yes, i am going to talk about the jug selection again, if you do not like it, just please let me know^^ (SO I CAN CONTINUE POSTING IT) For instance; none of our current pets could even compare to a delve/REM dd; heck, a Ram or scorpion riding their attack bonus could not compare. Bst are restricted by a ready meter; this meter does not allow us to be overpowered. Even if the meter did not exist and we could ws back to back on a 300% tp bar similar to monstrosity, we would not be overpowered. Also, SE is notorious for removing moves from jugs; what you see in the wilds does not equate to our jug pets pertaining to their abilities (Jugs are stronger though, but their wild counterparts have all of their native abilities intact).

These players have ws modifiers and weapons far beyond even the strongest jug they could ever implement; unless they gave us a tojil jug, but all of his moves will be removed thus even he would not be overpowered. The right jugs and the absence of move removal would put bst on a level playing field, but not quite delve/REM war levels of power; not even close, unless they were partying on worms.

However, the master is a baaaaaaaad man/woman, ruinator is niiiiice, but no, we would not be overpowered.

Edit: Just my 2 cents, no harm, no foul, I actually thought the same thing, so I can relate to your opinion.
    (0)
    Last edited by WoW; 04-23-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast