Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Character
    Jinzha
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlocke View Post
    I'm just going to keep against this one. Solo jobs arent the best thing for mmorpgs. But by all means if SE wants to run off whats left of its playerbase,
    keep focusing on non team oriented content. There are plenty of well thought out posts in professional mmo forums describing why this is a bad thing
    for most modern mmorpgs.

"I can't solo delve content with my pet!" ahh you poor things.. I swore that content was'nt ment to do alone.

SE if you havent noticed the same 5 names spam these forums, and usally focus around their own needs.

Grim~
    I'm going to start by saying that I agree with your point that solo jobs aren't a good thing on mmorpgs. I don't necessarily think they shouldn't exist in them, but I also don't see the point of having a massive multi-player game if there is literally no interaction between other players. It might as well be a single player offline game.

Now to my bigger point, did you actually read the original post clearly? The main point of this thread was to make it so that pet jobs will be less solo oriented and to actually enable them to participate in group content with other players, not promote them even more to solo. I understand your point that by over powering pet jobs, they will be more apt to solo on their own because they can do everything, but nothing that was mentioned as a suggestion to make it easier for pets job to participate in group content can make them possibly more powerful alone. Let me break it down:

Pets being able to be cured with healing magic and waltzes:

In order for a pet to receive cures, they will have to be in the presence of other players who are mages. This means that the player is no longer soloing but participating with other players to be healed. If a pet job were to utilize /WHM /RDM /SCH /DNC or /Mage etc. on the other hand, even this is not overpowering. Any pet job besides SMN that would /Mage would only have a maximum of maybe 200~400 MP? That's not going to go a very far in the long run. If a pet job subs DNC, they're draining their TP keeping their pet alive instead of weapon skilling. Will this enable them to be able to solo Tojil because they can cure their pet, I don't think so but you can prove me wrong.

Pet jobs being able to receive BRD/COR/GEO/Etc. buffs

The only way a pet job will get these buffs are if they are in a party, not if they're solo. So again, there's a hole in your argument. If a pet job goes /COR, /BRD, /GEO... Enjoy having weak songs applied to your pets, or a few select rolls from /COR that is completely useless in comparison to something more practical like /WAR or /NIN... And don't get me started on /GEO...

Pets receiving buffs like Protect/Shell/Haste/Etc.

Ok seriously? This is going to break the game? My pet can solo Tojil or Dakuwaqa or AA or Very difficult now because he has an additional 175 Defense from Protect V that again has to be casted by another player which again is no soloing.

Every single one of these suggestions promotes teamwork and gives pet jobs the boost that they need... None of it is game breaking and none of it is going to be pet jobs even more of a 'solo' job. Quite frankly, not having these types of buffs is part of the reason why they're solo jobs.

I'm not a fan of targeting people specifically, but quite frankly you've been picking a fight from the beginning of this thread when you kept referring to people as 'Wiki' readers.
    "Maybe you should think outside of the box." Perhaps you are a wiki person? I dont read wiki's I make them.
    Edit: Also that was the most condescending thing I have ever heard in my life, and honestly if I knew you, I'd make you apologize to Olor.

It's quite frankly funny because you talk so much about Beastmaster but you explicitly say I've 'watched' and not I've played...

Ive personally seen 2 beast clean the clock of SKNM difficult.
    I watched the voidwrought decontructer guy go down with ease to one.
    First of all that is like lvl 113 content, anyone can solo SKCNM, and have you ever heard of displacers? Anyone can solo any VWNM with 5 displacer on. We are talking about Ilvl 119 + content that requires copious amounts of accuracy that pet jobs simply do not have. Secondly, You sound like the biggest wiki reader to me, you're preaching about BST doing voidwrought and SKNM difficult solo which you didn't personally do yourself. Go play the job and that content and then come back to us and tell us how easy it was.

Honestly I love the fact that you're playing the antagonist of the thread because it allows for us to point out the the idiotic excuses crossing the minds of the game developers as for why doing something like this isn't possible, but there comes a time when enough is enough. It's people like you who have been holding FFXI back forever because either they've never played the jobs and feel they have credible opinions or they're not smart enough to to actually read the original post comprehensively. You literally said this:

I actually think of beast as a great party member, not just a soloer. That's half of my frustraition right there. I think if they were treated like roles in a party
    half these issues wouldnt be as bad.
    You're an advocate for BST being a party job yet, you're literally stifling any sort of chance for BST to potentially be accepted as a party job. If players cannot help keep a pet alive that can barely survive as is, and if the pet can't hit, why will they waste their time inviting it to Ilvl 119+ content? If you actually play the job, you'll realize how tough it is to play and how utterly useless it in any important content.

Even if I wrote the most convincing post that was 100% true and had no holes, I doubt you'd ever swallow your pride and admit it, so I'm not even going to waste my time hoping to get you to see the light, but I just hope this serves as an example to everyone as to why pets jobs are in the place we are today. And, Grimlocke, if you think you have a better suggestion as to how to save PUP, BST, SMN, and DRG from it's lonely road of solitude, be my guest and tell us your brilliant plan... I can't wait to hear it so I can go:

I'm just going to keep against this one.

~Jinzha.
    (12)
    Last edited by Jinzha; 04-08-2014 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Forgot to include something

Character
    Jinzha
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You are correct, I was a litle bit off there. but still, focusing on pet buffs should be back burner when alot of other jobs
    are in great need of some kind of buff. Smn,Pup,Drg,Rdm,Drk just off the top of my head.

If people were to use beast to do group content, I wouldnt mind so much. But as it is 99% of all beast solo. So buffing
    beast will only make them better soloers, and take away more people from the party pool. Making more soloing in a Mmorpg
    is a bad thing, for people who like to do group content. There are many posts done by professionals that show trending in
    current markets that show this.

Grim~
    You are correct, I was a litle bit off there.
    Oh ya, just a little bit? Ok.

but still, focusing on pet buffs should be back burner when alot of other jobs
    are in great need of some kind of buff. Smn,Pup,Drg,Rdm,Drk just off the top of my head.
    Seriously will someone tell me how hard it is to allow pets to be buffed? Is it really going to take up all the time of the game developers to buff a pet? If they can allow trust npcs to be buffed, I'm pretty sure they can program pets into buffs easily.

There are many posts done by professionals that show trending in
    current markets that show this.
    Again, tell me who sounds like the wiki reader here? Why don't you prove it yourself, hot shot. Remember you don't read things, you create them.
    (10)

Player
    There was a time that drain samba affected pets so I don't think it'll be that hard.
    (4)

4. 04-08-2014 08:55 PM
    Reason
    Not posting n troll foums anymore

What you seem to be missing Grim is this specific suggestion needs to be implemented so pet jobs will be welcome in parties doing important content where they are not currently welcome.
    (6)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Also I'd like to point out that this change would also help GEOMANCER as Luopans could benefit from protect and shell etc. since they are counted as pets. Since they currently break when you look at them too hard, this would at least help a bit.
    (5)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

7. 04-09-2014 05:03 AM

Character
    Archedian
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Declaration of the Pet Job Equal Rights Movement!

Four score and seven years ago, or at least it feels that way, the game developers of Final Fantasy XI brought forth on Vana'diel a world, conceived in magic, and dedicated to the proposition that all jobs were created equally useful. But as time had passed and the times of war had ceased in Vana'diel, the lands were no longer abundant with adventures; for many had moved on to other fantasies. In hope to revitalize the lands once filled with purpose and peril, the old game developers were replaced with the new. From Abyssean lands to Adoulian Isles, the remaining adventurers were occupied with new obstacles to overcome in which the game developers believed would win again their players' loyalty and dedication. However, the developers, once revered as Gods, forgot their one unspoken promise that had been upheld many years ago: to protect the equality of all jobs. The game developers, although aware of their grave mistake, continued on throwing new spoils at their players hoping that the Lethe waters of time would wash away the people's memories of their vow. The people may have forgotten, but the lands had not. The world's diversity had faded over time as battles called forth stricter strategies. People began to only practice the professions of Monk, Bard, Corsair, and a few others because the other classes could no longer help fend away the new mighty foes of Vana'diel. Some of the unpopular classes have survived to this day, but four classes in particular now stand at the brink of extinction. Beastmaster, Puppetmaster, Summoner, and Dragoon, may now be of ancient practice, but a few brave Vana'delians have decided to stand against their Gods, the game developers, and fight for a world where even their kind can exist too.

Today I would like to announce the Declaration of the Pet Job Equal Rights Movement! Pet jobs have been forgotten for too long, and it's time that we stand up together and fight to make our jobs better and more useful in group content so that we can enjoy any form of content on the jobs that we love.

The only way the pet job community is going to get their questions answered and their problems solved, is if we work together to do so. This means commenting, posting, and also liking those comments and posts if we do. Some posts get over thousands of views but only a handful of people actually like them. If you agree with a post, like it... it will show the game developers that the people really want something to happen. We have been asking the game developers for far too long to fix our problems and they just aren't listening and they're not answering. So let's make them listen and answer. Let's show them that we're tired of suggesting things but never being heard.

This thread isn't just about giving pets access to cures and buffs, but to make our four jobs more useful and more needed. Whether that that is by giving our pets more accuracy, more attack, or more defense, we simply want a solution to our problems so that we can all participate in all content. So start asking questions and demanding answers whether it be about giving pets access to cures and buffs or fixing the ridiculous timer on call beast...

The game developers have stood silent for far too long! And although this post may sound cheesy as hell, this is our opportunity to show them that we mean business. Let's make them talk!
    (11)
    Last edited by Shinron-PUP; 04-09-2014 at 05:20 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinron-PUP View Post
    Four score and seven years ago, or at least it feels that way, the game developers of Final Fantasy XI brought forth on Vana'diel a world, conceived in magic, and dedicated to the proposition that all jobs were created equally useful. But as time had passed and the times of war had ceased in Vana'diel, the lands were no longer abundant with adventures; for many had moved on to other fantasies. In hope to revitalize the lands once filled with purpose and peril, the old game developers were replaced with the new. From Abyssean lands to Adoulian Isles, the remaining adventurers were occupied with new obstacles to overcome in which the game developers believed would win again their players' loyalty and dedication. However, the developers, once revered as Gods, forgot their one unspoken promise that had been upheld many years ago: to protect the equality of all jobs. The game developers, although aware of their grave mistake, continued on throwing new spoils at their players hoping that the Lethe waters of time would wash away the people's memories of their vow. The people may have forgotten, but the lands had not. The world's diversity had faded over time as battles called forth stricter strategies. People began to only practice the professions of Monk, Bard, Corsair, and a few others because the other classes could no longer help fend away the new mighty foes of Vana'diel. Some of the unpopular classes have survived to this day, but four classes in particular now stand at the brink of extinction. Beastmaster, Puppetmaster, Summoner, and Dragoon, may now be of ancient practice, but a few brave Vana'delians have decided to stand against their Gods, the game developers, and fight for a world where even their kind can exist too.

Today I would like to announce the Declaration of the Pet Job Equal Rights Movement! Pet jobs have been forgotten for too long, and it's time that we stand up together and fight to make our jobs better and more useful in group content so that we can enjoy any form of content on the jobs that we love.

The only way the pet job community is going to get their questions answered and their problems solved, is if we work together to do so. This means commenting, posting, and also liking those comments and posts if we do. Some posts get over thousands of views but only a handful of people actually like them. If you agree with a post, like it... it will show the game developers that the people really want something to happen. We have been asking the game developers for far too long to fix our problems and they just aren't listening and they're not answering. So let's make them listen and answer. Let's show them that we're tired of suggesting things but never being heard.

This thread isn't just about giving pets access to cures and buffs, but to make our four jobs more useful and more needed. Whether that that is by giving our pets more accuracy, more attack, or more defense, we simply want a solution to our problems so that we can all participate in all content. So start asking questions and demanding answers whether it be about giving pets access to cures and buffs or fixing the ridiculous timer on call beast...

The game developers have stood silent for far too long! And although this post may sound cheesy as hell, this is our opportunity to show them that we mean business. Let's make them talk!
    What about my Geomancer ? :_: our luopans are considered pets by the ingame mechanics we need pet job love lol.
    (2)

Character
    Archedian
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightshadow View Post
    What about my Geomancer ? :_: our luopans are considered pets by the ingame mechanics we need pet job love lol.
    Equal rights don't extend to the geomancer kind! Just kidding. I was going to mention Geomancer in light of Olor's comment earlier, but I wanted to emphasize the main four pet job classes because although Geomancer is struggling with its Loupons, it's still used often in group content in comparison to the rest of the five pet classes. Olor's comment kind of correlates with what you're saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Also I'd like to point out that this change would also help GEOMANCER as Luopans could benefit from protect and shell etc. since they are counted as pets. Since they currently break when you look at them too hard, this would at least help a bit.
    By allowing pets to be cured and buffed, Loupons would definitely benefit a great deal from this. Not only would Loupons be able to receive protect, shell, phalanx II, and stoneskin via accession as well as an assortment of other protective spells like Sentinel's Scherzo from Bard, Geomancers could use healing magic as a second resort to keeping their loupons alive when things get rough. This would create less of an emphasis on damage taken down approach that the game developers are looking at right now to keep Loupons alive, although the combination of damage taken -, buffs, and cures would ultimately solve the issue.
    (2)

Player
    I actually think it'll be interesting if we could also heal our luopans by casting the correct elemental magic spells on it.
    (5)

Character
    Kinspawn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 87
    I think luopans will be OK in the long run, they only really need to slap some good -luopan damage taken on some gear and it's a problem fixed.
    (0)

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast