Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Archedian
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

A Suggestion From The Pet Job Community: Stop Ignoring Us and Listen To Our Plea.

Pet jobs for a long time have been battling tooth and nail with the developers of Final Fantasy to make their job more useful in relevant group content. Whenever any pet job suggestion is made in the Job-Specific forums, we typically either get a obscure response that doesn't really answer the question being asked, or 99.99% of the time we don't get an answer at all. It is understandable that there are relatively few forum respondants: Camate, Gildrein, Forturyino, etc., and they cannot respond personally to all of our comments and concerns; however, even when important topics are mentioned in our threads that really deserve some attention, they seemingly go unheard.

Our suggestion that we're going to give, is something that the pet job community has asked for for a long time that simply hasn't been directly responded to. We ask out of respect that the forum moderators answer this suggestion directly and clearly. Even if doing this suggestion is not possible, we would at least like a single response so that we know that what we're asking has been heard.

As mentioned above, pet jobs have been struggling with being useful in group content for a long time. Summoner, Puppetmaster, Beastmaster, and Dragoon are typically jobs that people have negative connotations with and a bias against because in all of their history they have been pretty useless jobs besides in solo content. The reason why they are so solo oriented is because other players have no way to help another player's pet.

As a way to fix this problem, we suggest that all pet jobs should be able to be assisted in following ways by their masters as well as by other players:

Summons, Automatons, Beasts, and Dragoon pets should be able to

* Be cured with Healing Magic and Waltzes by anyone

* Have any enhancing magic casted on them including protect, shell, haste, etc.

* Receive any type of buff such as Bard songs, Corsair rolls, & Geomancy effects

Additionally, pets should be able to:

* Receive food effects from the food used by their master and or by pet specific foods

A large concern with pet jobs are that they easily die in high level group content, and typically can't even hit these high level enemies.
    With the following adjustments made to pet jobs, they will become more useful in group content because players will be able to keep their pets alive as well as buff them so that they can hit accurately and deal damage more efficiently.

It can be almost guaranteed that with this type of adjustment, the large disparity between pet jobs and normal jobs in group content will be minimized much greater than before, and we will see these type of jobs more actively played in general.

This suggestion is a very important concern by many players who play pet jobs and we urge the forum moderators to not let this be another one of the suggestions they don't respond to. Even if this suggestion is not possible, please let us know regardless so that we know that our concerns are being heard.

Edit: After reading through the comments made in this thread, I wanted to also add foods to the list of suggestions that the pet community would like to see put into action for our pets.
    (46)
    Last edited by Shinron-PUP; 04-08-2014 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Additonal Suggestion

Character
    Jinzha
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I agree with the OP. If you can cure and buff trust NPCs, which are pretty much just pets, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to cure an actual pet. I don't see the difference. With the "Ease of Life in Vana'diel" mantra going, I think this would be an appropriate addition to pet jobs which is not necessarily game breaking.
    (10)

3. 04-03-2014 06:42 AM
    Reason
    Not posting in troll forums anymore

Yes please. The huge difference in damage dealing potential between pet jobs and other jobs is largely because they cannot be buffed and if we want to cure them, it is either super expensive (dawn mulsim) or on a long timer (reward/repair). It's bad enough that our pets get very few buffs from gear - the fact that they can't benefit from all the buffs players receive mean we fall very far behind in group content.
    (12)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlocke View Post
    Yea its not like beast can solo 95% of all NM's as is.... Sure why not make them stronger?

Grim~
    Very few of the NMs in the non-SoA areas game matter and the ones that do any job can solo some even faster and safer then bst so you have no ground to stand on with that BS.

Another thing is they need to add a filter for pet WS animations, wyverns are the main problem as close to the same level ass the mobs beening fought and when breath attacks go off they can be mistaken for mob tp moves or were you can filter the pets out entirely. Whats the point of having a pet out at all if the stunners are just going to force ou to dismiss it.
    (8)
    Last edited by Ravenmore; 04-03-2014 at 07:39 AM.

Player
    *SE looks at this thread.....* *SE sticks this suggestion into the ignore folder*
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlocke View Post
    Yea its not like beast can solo 95% of all NM's as is.... Sure why not make them stronger?

Grim~
    It's a matter of efficiency. Just because you can do it solo doesn't mean you can't do it with a few friends faster.

Every other MMO with pets in existence lets you cast some if not all friendly-target spells and effects on allied pets.

This happens in FFXIV, as well. Almost every effect (except protect, for whatever reason) can be cast on pets. They even take super reduced damage from boss Aoe effects that they aren't directly targeted by. Nobody's QQing about how OP pets are.
    (13)

Character
    Risotto
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I agree 100%

A good way to increase pet usefulness in meaningful content in an easy and effective manner.
    (8)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    All pet jobs are underpowered. Please buff these jobs SE. Lay off the new content and fix those jobs that are greatly suffering.
    (11)

10. 04-03-2014 09:36 PM
    Reason
    Not posting in troll forums anymore.

Player
    World of Warcraft did it the right way, they made pets part of the party without taking up a party member spot, I think that this solution would be the easiest way to allow pets to receive the same effects players receive. And as for Corsair pet related rolls just change them to something useful.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Brightshadow View Post
    World of Warcraft did it the right way, they made pets part of the party without taking up a party member spot, I think that this solution would be the easiest way to allow pets to receive the same effects players receive. And as for Corsair pet related rolls just change them to something useful.
    Cor rolls for pets only will NEVER be useful. No one will sacrifice a buff for the whole party to just buff a pet. All buffs should effect pets period.

And Grimlock, given that BST has no native buffs, this change would do little to change or improve the ability of BST to solo. Even if I could get buffs for my pet, it's not like I'm going to go BST/BRD and even if I did, the buff is so weak it doesn't matter. Only slight improvement I could see is /WHM allowing status effect removals from pets, and that's not OP anyway.

What it will do is reduce the cost of playing BST in party situations and make it more desirable in parties.

Yesterday I spent more than 100K doing 1 wildskeeper rieve - in jugs, mulsim and pet food, and my pets still got tore into little pieces. They don't even seem to get the momentum bonuses (do they? They didn't appear to, that was my first time going on BST cause why would I want to play on a job that costs immense amounts of money to participate)
    (12)
    Last edited by Olor; 04-04-2014 at 03:50 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast