Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    COR rolls can give pets buffs already, that's a possibility, we know it is, there's no reason at all that BRD & COR buffs as a whole can't simply apply to pets. It wouldn't overpower them, even if it did, simply lower the amount, players get 100 Atk? Well pets only get 75, penalty incurred and tada balance achieved.

To say...Only is true when you are talking about directly receiving such effects, but when it comes to getting them via the player it's entirely possible because that's what COR rolls already do, we know that. It's a poor excuse.
    Good point, this is also something i took into consideration, thus changed my tune about this whole argument. I completely forgot about these, because they are rarely used. You guys are right; it will not overpower the current pets because some buffs are already in the game. Bst may need its own JAs to boost pets because you cannot justify a pet roll due to one bst being in the party compared a couple other dds.

I will add this; even if the gave pets atma, songs, rolls, and food it will not make a significant difference. Pets ready moves have awful modifiers; not to mention the pet selection is trash. I am excited to see what this new food does, but deep down, I know where the real problem lies; this is just a start imo.
    (2)

Character
    Psion
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Not to mention we need at least 200 acc for pets to even get above the accuracy floor in ::some:: endgame content to begin with. Even with hunters roll and dual madrigals (which you will never see DDs getting in a party unless it's something like very difficult ark angel mithra, where even high acc jobs like drg need a bunch of help), you still won't have pets reaching that amount. Even with a ranger in the party that would only get you halfway there at 100ish accuracy and a lucky roll, and a bard that has proper gear. A more realistic amount with those buffs would be around +90 accuracy tops, and that's not a gap that could be closed even with sole sushi value.

The sad part is, we need pet sushi to give around 200 accuracy at least, AND buffs to work on pets for them to be truly relevant. As stated, if it becomes too overpowered for certain jobs somehow, which i doubt, they could make it so the effect is lessened for whichever pets are suffering from godlike powers. Thing is though, buffs for melee are far stronger than buffs for magic, so it's unlikely to add much to an avatars nukes other than a bit of needed oomph and accuracy, but allowing us to buff and cure pets would make physical damage relevant again. Automatons would be able to build tp and ws, avatars would be able to use attacks like predator claws again, and bst pets would... well, hit things and fire off a fairly crappy move once in a while, but that's ok because they hit fairly hard the rest of the time anyways.

I know some of the harder stuff like delve 2 requires about 1100-1200 accuracy or more. I know this for a fact because even with around 1050 accuracy (dual madrigals, sushi, full acc gear, and hunters roll, along with box step from a dnc) my pup only parsed around 70% accuracy on most of the delve 2 bosses, sometimes dipping as low as 40% when things like box step wore. Considering pets only have 750-820 accuracy at best, and you can see they have a very very large gap to close to even see an actual increase in damage.
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Terrigenesis View Post
    You pet jobs always complain about "oh we are always getting ignored" when pet jobs can solo content that non-pet jobs can't. Sounds like someone wants his cake and eat it too.
    Yeah please let me know what content can only be soloed by pet jobs because as I already noted earlier - every solo content I do I do on a job that's not BST because other jobs are better, and my BST has better gear etc than any job of mine except maybe BLU
    (6)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Jinzha
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You pet jobs always complain about "oh we are always getting ignored" when pet jobs can solo content that non-pet jobs can't. Sounds like someone wants his cake and eat it too.
    What a poor analogy. Who doesn't eat their own cake?
    (2)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I agree the amount of accuracy would have to be massive just in order to pull pets off the accuracy floor on high level content. It makes more sense to naturally boost pet accuracy on all pets and have pet acc food be supplementary. I also agree that other aspects of pets need attention as well. Magic Accuracy, Defense, Attack, and Magic Attack Bonus. At the least pet accuracy and defense should be strong enough to hold it's own before adding supplemental gear. I find it backwards to correct pets so much with supplemental things like gear and food. This food would also have to automatically add its stats even if you're resummoning pets. If anyone has to carry around antacid, it will defeat the purpose.
    (5)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
    ranger is by far the most expensive job to play not bst
    It's not quite as bad since the recycle/scavenge update. Between the 2 of them you only end up losing about like 2-5% of the ammo you shooting depending on how much you put into them. Well that and how much double shot is used and what wss you use (pssss SE make recycle proc on all shots of double shot and ws)
    (1)
    Last edited by dasva; 04-18-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You're a BLU. You can solo content AND participate in endgame without people having a fit. Since you can do both, by your own reasoning, you should have to give one up. So which would you care to sacrifice? It's wrong that you can have your cake and eat it too when most of us have to choose one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinzha View Post
    What a poor analogy. Who doesn't eat their own cake?
    But if you eat it you no longer possess it. You can't look at that beautifully decorated cake anymore. It's either a decoration, or it's food. It can't be both.
    (4)
    Last edited by Camiie; 04-18-2014 at 08:37 PM.

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Full of crap any old content bst can solo and DD /dnc can solo some times even faster then bst. So take that BS back to 05.
    (5)

Player
    Well, bst are is not in horrible shape by any means, some threads do make it appear like bst is the worst job on earth. The master is pretty strong; they get a tremendous damage bonus on monsters based on the mob food chain thingy. They can also spread this bonus to pt members, however, you can not deny the fact that beast pets are pretty meh. I agree that pets needs to be overpowered, but to an extent. I just do not believe that food would do that, the pet selection is horrid. So, I agree and disagree with that comment. Some may want their cake and eat it too; it is liberation for them. They feel like bst has in the dumps for so long; half true (I can agree, to an extent though, cause pets are a part of bst dmg), the master is fine, the pets sucks. My gripe has and will always be the pet selection until a great dd pet is release. I try to be objective when it comes to bst; but that does not fly in the threads; lol. My only gripe is the pet selection. I mean, bst is not the only job sitting on the sidelines. Give us a better dd pet with acc food and bst may be fine; I mean, the master has one of the best ws in the game; combine that with a tp bar, sharp strike, and death scissors. I do agree with the masses pertaining to the pets, because that is what this thread is about, but you cannot discount the master whom is a pretty damn good dd.

But yes, the pets do suck.

Edit: As it pertains to bst being in the dumps, I have been a bst since 2004 and there was never a time (for me personally) were my bst was useless. Bst could always tread where no other job could, I recall soloing a few mission monsters by just charming an nearby IT, during the abyssea age, I soloed some bosses/tanked until the blm proc, even now, I soloed my rem chapters for my relic and af. Could other jobs do this, idk, (never tried, too may mobs in SCNMs) prolly, does not matter; all I am saying is that personally, my bst was always useful to me in one way or another (This is just how I feel, others my share varying sentiments).
    (0)
    Last edited by WoW; 04-20-2014 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    You're a BLU. You can solo content AND participate in endgame without people having a fit. Since you can do both, by your own reasoning, you should have to give one up. So which would you care to sacrifice? It's wrong that you can have your cake and eat it too when most of us have to choose one or the other.

But if you eat it you no longer possess it. You can't look at that beautifully decorated cake anymore. It's either a decoration, or it's food. It can't be both.
    Well perhaps pet jobs simply shouldn't be just decorations, then.
    (2)

Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast