Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightshadow View Post
    Puppets can cast cure on themselves ........ and they have souls
    So then they technically have no excuse for cure and regeneration not to work? They've just been not letting it just to screw them? Nice...
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's illogical that they can cast cure on themselves yet other people can't.
    (2)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    W/e Dray. We all know you're an obsessed beast-hater. lol
    (3)

4. 04-05-2014 02:05 PM
    Reason
    Not posting in troll forums anymore

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Uh... honestly, you're wrong on this one, Grim. You're welcome to disagree, but I can assure you that BST is unfortunately not a good member in current endgame scenarios, unless you're talking VE or E difficulties. For Delve, for N+ difficulties on the merit KI fights, BST is at a severe disadvantage because it lacks pet buffs. End of story.

Disclaimer: Some of my numbers might be off; I'm not sure how various buffs interact with each other additively or multiplicatively. So pardons in advance!

If you have a standard bard, two songs, that's generally going to be March/March, and with +2 instruments (which any reasonable brd should have... I'd say +3 but VW only harp ftl. Took forever to get mine) that's +19% magic haste. Let's toss on Haste as well, so that's 34% magic haste. That's 34% attack delay less, and that's not including haste gear. Assuming a Beastmaster pulls out a perfect haste set, putting them at 25% haste (which is possible!) that 34% still makes a difference. Then let's just say there's two bards rotating. Assuming you need accuracy, suddenly we've got at least one Madrigal for +37 accuracy (no excuse for not having +3 on this...). So there's an accuracy discrepancy from song as well as skill+ on weapons, not to mention the vast amount of acc+ options on armor.

This is assuming a pair of two-song bards, or a single three-song bard. Already we're seeing a difference of 34% attack delay, 37 accuracy, and whatever accuracy/attack comes on standard dd gear right now. Low-end buffs. The more you get, the greater the difference becomes. Let's say, for example, you get a four-song bard or (if you're lucky) a pair of four-song bards. Odds are low, but let's just go out on a limb. Now we have something like Marchx2/Minuetx3/Madrigalx2/Scherzo, for example. Attack Delay, Attack, Accuracy, and some stability with that severe damage reduction. Or toss on a COR; Chaos Roll and Hunter's Roll.

My point is that there are so many buffs, and without them the difference is astounding. It's why I support the idea of bard and corsair buffs affecting pets, as they're AoE anyway, would make pets far more relevant, and it wouldn't mess with the tempo of battle.
    (2)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Hey Shinron don't forget to ask to get rid of the timer for beastmaster, that would go a long way too if I'm not mistaken and no other pet has one it is really unfair to stymie beastmaster that way.
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Character
    Jinzha
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    So what's it going to be, Square Enix. The people ask to have their question answered and yet the game developers still stand silent. This feels like just another run around... You sit quietly until we all give up and everyone forgets the post ever existed. Well that ain't happening. We want an answer.
    Is it or is it not possible to make curing and buffing pets possible? It is and simple yes or no question and we're all waiting for an answer.
    (1)

Character
    Kinspawn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 87
    I'm sure it is possible. With enough time/effort they could do anything with the game. It's just whether they want to.

What happens to Corsair buffs that specifically target pets? They'd probably be redundant if this was changed.
    (0)

Character
    Jinzha
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Deifact View Post
    I'm sure it is possible. With enough time/effort they could do anything with the game. It's just whether they want to.

What happens to Corsair buffs that specifically target pets? They'd probably be redundant if this was changed.
    There are three approaches.

They could just keep the original corsair rolls and allow them to still be used on pets in combination with normal rolls. This could be powerful if you stacked the same types of rolls but I don't think it would break the game.

The second option would be to just replace those rolls with different effects that are not pet only.

The third could be to just delete them in general.

No one really uses pet oriented corsair rolls because it can be a waste of a roll so I have no problems just getting rid of pet rolls, but I think the easiest solution would be the first: keeping pet rolls so that if people are using a battle strategy involving pets then there is still the option to use both rolls. This option would also mean less developer man hours recreating or deleting rolls
    (3)
    Last edited by Jinzha; 04-06-2014 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Typo

Or do what they promised and give corsairs more rolls....(I seriously thought when they gave bards more they also gave corsairs more, boy am I disappointed)
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Seeing what they've done starting with the level cap raise, to Abyssea, and up to the ending with this very sentence, including TRUST which has made any solo pet job arguments moot on the spot, SE is running out of excuses to stick with their tiresome firm belief that pets make their masters equal to non pet jobs. We're at that point where one or the other has to give, SE has to allow pets to be stronger through buffs or whatnot, or they have to admit they hate pet jobs and have only included them because they're a MMORPG staple.

No one can deny that everyone's viewpoint, including SE, has been "pet solo is so great that it makes up for the group shortcomings and so it's a niche job" I agree it's a tough spot to be in to argue making say BST stronger for groups. But when you have 3 freebie NPCs that match your ilevel that makes soloing some adoulin NMs possible(or extremely easier) it leaves little room for arguing against pets being buffed other than the lame escape goat excuse "well BST can use TRUST too sooooo yeah!" which in that case I'd argue that BST is at a disadvantage vs other highly soloable but pet-less jobs when it comes to adoulin areas and TRUST NPCs. Pet or no pet, BST doesn't have a lot going for it besides it's pet, and the same goes for all pet jobs.

Sooooo...yeah. I don't think getting buffs/heals from players/NPCs to land on pets is such a terrible end of the universe deal. Just do it and monitor the situation. If it turns out players somehow manage to do what they otherwise shouldn't be able to then take it away. Personally I do not see people retiring their current cream of the crop jobs to do the job slower with pet alliances. But it probably will allow others to try content they otherwise wouldn't even try.
    (5)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast