I have spent several months engaged in campaign battles and operations so I can get all of the Cobra Unit Harness Set. I have for the most part enjoyed it. I think it's a good addition to the game and appreciate SE for adding it. However, in doing so I have noticed a couple issues with the battle frequency and notification.

First of all regarding battle frequency. Sometimes there are 3 battles going on at the same time and the other times I have to wait up to an hour for a battle to start. It would make more sense if the battles could be portioned out better so there is always a battle going on for each nation.

Another issue is the time spent attacking the fortification. As a melee character, I can't inflict enough damage on the fortification to make the time spent attacking it work. I understand you get a certain amount of points for doing damage, healing, casting debuffs etc. But, in my opinion the algorithm that determines how much you get from attacking the fortification needs to be adjusted for melee. I think that if I was a mage it might have more of a purpose.

The second issue, battle notification, goes part and parcel with the frequency. In order to be certain that a battle is ongoing, I have to wait for: first the notification that windurst has sent out a battalion, that the yugado have sent out a battalion, and that the campaign intel advisor Dallus-Mallus states battle is on the verge of breaking out. If I don't check for all those I end up wasting Allied Notes on teleportation and time waiting around for the battle to start if it ever does.

It would make more sense if the notifications from Dallus-Mallus were more precise. For instance there could be a message that means that Windurst is attacking the fortification unopposed, one that means that both the Yugado and Windurst have been dispatched, and maybe one that means there is currently an active battle ongoing.

It could be that this isn't possible due to limitations dealing with server load. If so then that is fully understandable. I know FFXI is an older game and subject to certain limitations.

Thank You,
Rohwenn (Asura)

P.S The anime 'Big O' makes no sense. I think someone took some kind of pharmaceutical, went to bed, had a bad dream, and made an anime out of it.