Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

[dev1193] HP and MP adjustments

Am I correct in understanding that HP and MP are being increased across the board, as the post on the subject said '* The hierarchy of racial HP and MP levels will remain unchanged. '

Does this mean that Hume, Mithra, and Elvaan HP and MP will be adjusted upwards to maintain the relative levels of HP and MP? Or will my Hume, while still having more MP than a Galka caster of the same level and job combination and equipment, have relatively less of an advantage than they did before?

The entire point of having the races be different was they were different. If you're going to reduce the degree of difference between the extreme ends of the spectrum, why don't you just go ahead and get rid of all the differences to begin with? And make everyone count as the same weight, too?
    (0)

Character
    Kinspawn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 87
    I took it as, all races except Taru will get +x Max MP. All races except Galka will get +y HP. I assume x and y will be slightly varied per race but the hierarchy will remain the same.

I don't think it'll make much difference really.
    (1)

Character
    Firebert
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Free MP is free MP and I'll gladly take some. This will beef up HP/MP% gear and abilities if even slightly.
    (0)
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

I didn't think that dev post was hard to understand at all.

All HP values except galka will be increased. All MP values except taru will be increased. There will still be a difference between races, but the difference will be smaller. A taru will still have more MP than a galka, a mithra will still have more MP than an elvaan, but the difference won't be as big.
    (6)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It's meaningless unless SE increase's everyone's HP by about ~500 across the board. Otherwise you still don't have enough HP to survive the aoe attacks of the current batch of high end boss's.
    (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    What does weight have to do with it? If you are worried about the doors in Quicksand Caves, a quick little quest will solve that problem forever.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    It's meaningless unless SE increase's everyone's HP by about ~500 across the board. Otherwise you still don't have enough HP to survive the aoe attacks of the current batch of high end boss's.
    Why would they do that? They're not going to let galkas survive AoEs better than they currently do. If you gave a boost to everyone, we'd eventually be stuck with the exact same problem that they now are attempting to fix, which is that tarus drop like flies in situations where galkas survive with a decent margin. No one will get more HP than a galka normally has after this update, tarus will just have an easier time keeping up with them.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    Am I correct in understanding that HP and MP are being increased across the board, as the post on the subject said '* The hierarchy of racial HP and MP levels will remain unchanged. '

Does this mean that Hume, Mithra, and Elvaan HP and MP will be adjusted upwards to maintain the relative levels of HP and MP? Or will my Hume, while still having more MP than a Galka caster of the same level and job combination and equipment, have relatively less of an advantage than they did before?

The entire point of having the races be different was they were different. If you're going to reduce the degree of difference between the extreme ends of the spectrum, why don't you just go ahead and get rid of all the differences to begin with? And make everyone count as the same weight, too?
    No, HP and MP aren't being increased across the board- the differences in HP and MP between the races with the most and the races with the least are being reduced.

That is, Tarutaru will always be last place in terms of HP, and Galka will always be last place in terms of MP, however the gap between the races is lower. Galka are not gaining more HP, nor are Tarus gaining more MP.

The entire point of having the races be different was they were different.
    Having differences in stats that were so significant that it made you unable to play certain jobs in a game where all jobs were supposed to be playable by everyone was not a good way to have racial differences. There should have been special traits or abilities instead- minor but sometimes handy effects. The primary difference between races is, has been and will be in most games, appearance. You pick a race because you like they way they look, not because they let you play Job X Y% better than someone who picked a different race.

The reason this is being changed now is it has become more of an issue than it was when the level cap was 75. Tarutaru have enough less HP to where they can't play tank jobs in some of the harder content. (While galka were somewhat less adversely affected by having lower MP, it is still a bit of an unfair setup.) Especially since we can't (currently) change our race, it makes sense to reduce the advantages/disadvantages that exist between them.

Bla bla bla bla anyway, races will still have their attributes, just two specific stats won't differ by as great an amount as they used to. It's fine, no harm, no foul, everybody wins.
    (4)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-04-2014 at 04:26 PM.