Thread: Server merging

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Server merging

Is there any Server merging planned from the Devs?

At the moment its very hard to find people to play in FFXI because all Servers have low population (more so when you play during European prime time). Its getting to the point where you cant find barely anyone to do anything.

Is there anythign planned in the direction of Server merges? I would welcome a merge for now
    (9)

Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    at this point they are going to need at least 3+ servers to merge or i feel like it would be a bust. it wouldnt make any noticeable difference, if there are another 200-500 active players and 3-4 active linkshells. it just be like it was 6-10 months ago and we all know where that was headed.

since we've moved in to vertical progression with new content, i think this would be best time to do a merge if any.

then again i can do with the AH competition. oh well i dont care either way.

also if there is an indication,

they have already made adjustments so that content like delve doesnt "need" 20 ppl. i think this is their answer.

unless the login campaign is secretly a mission to figure out how many ppl are actively playing. when they do merge server it wont be epically self descriptive because they have a some real data enticed by unlimited sky points and beastly shanks!

sorry though will this login stuff ever end?
    (0)
    Last edited by Feary; 04-01-2014 at 04:39 AM.

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Feary View Post
    at this point they are going to need at least 3+ servers to merge or i feel like it would be a bust. it wouldnt make any noticeable difference, if there are another 200-500 active players and 3-4 active linkshells. it just be like it was 6-10 months ago and we all know where that was headed.

since we've moved in to vertical progression with new content, i think this would be best time to do a merge if any.

then again i can do with the AH competition. oh well i dont care either way.

also if there is an indication,

they have already made adjustments so that content like delve doesnt "need" 20 ppl. i think this is their answer.

unless the login campaign is secretly a mission to figure out how many ppl are actively playing. when they do merge server it wont be epically self descriptive because they have a some real data enticed by unlimited sky points and beastly shanks!

sorry though will this login stuff ever end?
    while I welcomed the delve "fix", we didnt have any struggle clearing it pre FF14, but we have lost so many people that we cant even fill a PT up to 6 man without useing mules and shouting isnt an option either sometimes :/. its really hard to find any decent players during EU prime time
    (0)

Character
    Kinspawn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 87
    I actually started a new character because I wanted to try out the new noob friendly starter content and I see maybe 2 other people running around. Most of the time I'm the only person in a zone. I just talk to my trust NPC's.
    (1)

Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    People shouldn't be asking for this. What they should be asking is: Can we please form alliances with other players that have their trust NPCs active?

Now that is the real solution to low player populations across servers.

I hope they allow to max out with 5 NPCs instead of just 3. Filling out all the party slots would make life a lot easier.
    (9)

Character
    Aoikaminari
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    +1 for the OP

Too many servers for too few people left playing the game. I think it has a considerably negative effect on the ability to progress in the current state of the game due to the low populations.
    (0)

Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Numquam View Post
    People shouldn't be asking for this. What they should be asking is: Can we please form alliances with other players that have their trust NPCs active?

Now that is the real solution to low player populations across servers.

I hope they allow to max out with 5 NPCs instead of just 3. Filling out all the party slots would make life a lot easier.
    this is bad and you should feel bad.
    (0)

Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    while I welcomed the delve "fix", we didnt have any struggle clearing it pre FF14, but we have lost so many people that we cant even fill a PT up to 6 man without useing mules and shouting isnt an option either sometimes :/. its really hard to find any decent players during EU prime time
    the delve "fix" wasnt a fix because the same ppl who had issues with delve still have those issues. this did not fix anything, it was makeup on a pig. the pig still requires lazy and/or unskilled players to be better than they were. now they cant just be a number in an alliance and have just given up.

New delve still would of been what it is (not requiring skilled stunners) and ppl wouldnt just go with 6-18 players, shutting out majority of the server. lol

i was never for this nerf and told ppl it wont "fix" stupid or lazy.

oh well. i do like not having to drag 18 ppl to do an event and or shouting 4 hours a night.

i welcome a merge.

only problem i see with this is that for a server economy. supply is going to be much higher than demand for most items. since we get updates every 3-4 weeks and most ppl finish with content on thier mains before the next update. hopefully the next vertical updates are nice enough to change that. s.e has been better about moving items and pushing content.
    (0)

9. 04-01-2014 11:44 AM
    Reason
    Not posting for you trolls anymore.

Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    People shouldnt be asking for merges, they should be asking why only a few jobs are wanted for any content in this game, that's really what is killing this game.

If you don't enjoy soloing content, then you better be a rng,mnk,sch,4song bard,cor, or a whm, or be making your own parties to do things. Over half of the 22 jobs offered in this game are pretty much shunned or have extremely niche roles.
    Obsession with max efficiency and aversion to failure has narrowed down who you bring and what jobs are allowed to participate in content.

Ask yourself, how many people really want to login and play XI or hold out hoping their favorite job that isnt one of the favored ones i've listed is going to get a party slot with a 2-3x server merged populace still having the same narrow minded approach to who they play with?
    (11)
    Death Penalty / Terpsichore / Murgleis / Nagi / Kikoku / Armageddon / Twashtar

Character
    Spelljr
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Need a server merge. The game is barely playable because low population, it defeats the purpose of online multiplayer, not even enough players to socialize. Last time i logged on lakshmi the population was about 301. It's sad srsly
    (2)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast