Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    No, if I wanted that, I would just ask for an increased movement speed everywhere all the time, not one that really convoluted and depends on mob availability. Also, you can start running away without hitting disengage. Just swap into movement and you'll automatically be unlocked from the target. At this point, just start running, don't bother with disengaging until the game does so automatically as you get 30 yalms away.

In either case, we did actually get movement speed increase just recently, one that is active everywhere, all the time.
    (0)

*sigh* so you don't want flee as a self-latent effect fine, like I said before they could have crafting and/or harvesting/logging/mining self-latent effects. It could even be the way that they"solve" the random breakage issues. Since so few craft anymore it shouldn't be a problem to keep track of folks and if it is just make it a constant effect. I wasn't going to suggest battle ones because people will more than likely shoot them down but since YOU seem so keen to do it for even the non battle effects: make it so when easily winning a fight automatically fill the mp/hp/tp bar when the fight ends.
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

I'll ask you again, why do you want them as latent effects? What do you even consider a latent effect to be? I think you're caught up in a term that is ultimately completely redundant. If recovering HP/MP/TP upon victory is a latent effect, is it also a latent effect to recover HP/MP when you level up? It's just an effect, call things what they are. You want high movement speed when enemies are nearby, just say that. If you want harvesting success rate to increase after failing several times, just say you want that, or just say that you want failure rates to be lowered. Don't say convoluted things like "I want harvesting failure to have the "latent effect" of increasing the next attempt's success rate.

I'll tell you again, the game has no idea when you want to flee or not. You know this instantly, the game has to spend time trying to figure out what you're trying to do. You're asking SE to develop a system to figure out what you might want to do when you could simply just tell the game exactly what you want to do (in this case, run faster than the mob) by pressing a button of your choice.

Seriosuly though, you make it sound like you want to at any time escape every enemy you encounter, instead of having to actually prevent encounters in the first place. It sounds like you want a world full of monsters that pose absolutely no threat to you. Why not just remove normal enemies all together, and let you spawn them manually whenever you feel like fighting?

And yes, I tend to want to shoot down things I think are dumb, useless, or needlessly complicated. If things are easily shot down, they often aren't very well thought through in the first place.
    (0)

Look chica if ya want to get caught up in what I call it fine, self-latent effects may not be the best name. And if it is that hard to "track" people then by all means no use going to the trouble when it could just be a constant. And I'll even give it to you some of the ideas I had for them may not have been good. But they were just examples if you don't like them why not do something productive and think of your own instead of constantly hopping in to try to pick a fight? Or better yet take your own advice: keep it simple, say you don't like it and move on. Even better do like everyone else and simply not post because they don't like/ can't think of an idea of their own that would make a good effect.
    (1)
    Last edited by Blah; 04-02-2014 at 07:14 AM. Reason: more more more
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

And it could be argued that it could just be a constant effect, like actually just make all the Kupowers a constant effect....eh either way
    Geez you're so eager to slam it did you miss that I also said this?
    (0)

Ah I got it....I think...an idea for an effect. After 18:00 we get a cool night time accuracy effect. Of course it ends at 6:00 or maybe 8:00.
    (0)

Oh and another, since they are trying to do good things with fishing they could have a nice fishing effect tied into either the phases or the moon or the time of the game week. Like maybe 1st week of the game month small fish will only be caught, 2nd week midsized, 3rd Large and for the last week of the month giant fish. If of course there's too much room for cheating maybe just give fishermen extra energy while the effect is active, like maybe 20% extra to fish a little longer with.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Blah,

I do not see how exactly is that a nice effect. ^^;

I'd imagine it could be very frustrating to players who would be then unable to obtain a certain fish for guild-points, for raising their skill, or for cooking, to name a few situations I can think of right now.

So as such, I don't see an adjustment like that working out.

Moreover, I think there's already too much that the 'alignment of planets' has an effect on. I can't remember ever finding fun out of things that tell me what I can do, and when I can do it.

As for the 'flee' one, I personally feel like it's too easy to evade monsters and/or get away from them. But that's me!

Just a few, quick thoughts. ^^
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Eh, like I said it doesn't have to be those it can be other effects, or just simply make the Kupowers a constant effect and move the mog tablet event to a different area.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2