Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Give Healing Magic treatment similar to Elemental Magic.

I think the title here pretty much says it all. I think that having this adjustment would help other jobs with healing capabilities see more action such as RDM and SCH and also alleviate that condition when you're 5/6 and all you need is a healer but no WHM wants to come for the party. Have it scale with the Healing Magic skill and MND so that way it's not overpowered at lower levels and as a subjob.
    (2)

Character
    Lyeria
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    They already did this a long time ago. Healing Magic Skill used to do little to nothing to help cure potency, and all cures were soft-capped at low values, requiring huge amounts of mnd/magic skill to raise the cure value by 1 point.

Other jobs can easily heal in place of whm for all but the most difficult content. I actually prefer to main heal as sch for skirmishes and 109 paper fights, as sch's playstyle is much more preparation and mitigating dmg, as opposed to whm's reactionary-style, and fixing the damage after the fact.

If they want other classes to compete for the harder stuff, other classes will need more access to burst-style healing to recover from a big 1500+ aoe hit. Possibly a JA similar to SCH's Rapture, or adjustments to Divine Seal to make it a 1 min recast.
    (3)

Character
    Lumei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    While it's been pointed out that healing magic did indeed already receive a pretty large boost, I find I must at least agree with the OP's sentiment.

Currently, WHM is unequivocally the best healer in every endgame setting. We need a few situations in which other jobs perform better than WHM, and in most situations, we need to be allowed more interchangeability between main healing jobs. I define main healing jobs as being any job that is innately able to get Cure IV or an equivalent, cast a heal whenever needed, and realistically wear enough potency gear to cap: in other words WHM, RDM, BLU, DNC, SCH.

There is such a huge gap between a WHM's ability to function as main healer and any other main healing job's ability to do the same that if a WHM cannot be found, then the group is either going to disband or continue waiting, likely for an inordinate amount of time, for one to show up. Meanwhile, any number of the other four jobs I defined as main healers may be available, but they are tragically insufficient for the role because all current endgame content requires WHM's vast array of potent tools.

Let's bridge the gap. Increase the variety of ways non-WHM main healing jobs can contribute to healing. Let each healer specialize in unique, but desirable ways. Consider creating content in which more than one healer is required, and in which those healers are ideally different types offering their new unique aspects-- not just more WHMs. No healing class should clearly be the best for every situation. Let each healer shine in situations tailored to their traits, but be acceptable replacements in other situations too.
    (1)

While we are at it lets give WHMs Regen V and Refresh II.

Each job has its niche and healing is WHM's, if you get rid of it's niche WHMs will disappear.
    (1)

Character
    Kinspawn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 87
    Quote Originally Posted by Redryno View Post
    While we are at it lets give WHMs Regen V and Refresh II.

Each job has its niche and healing is WHM's, if you get rid of it's niche WHMs will disappear.
    I disagree with Refresh II, that's a support spell not healing. SCH is apparently the HoT master so they should probably not give Regen V to WHM either.
    (0)

Character
    Dragomair
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Deifact View Post
    I disagree with Refresh II, that's a support spell not healing. SCH is apparently the HoT master so they should probably not give Regen V to WHM either.
    I think he was trying to prove the point that WHMs only have healing whereas sch's and rdm's have other skills that put them way ahead in most or all aspects
    SCHs can stun and do elemental magic (and HoT)
    RDMs can enfeeble stun and do elemental magic (and have convert and refresh)

Giving RDM or SCH more skill in healing puts whm way behind. WHMs have no other desirable aspect other than their healing.
    (2)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragomair View Post
    I think he was trying to prove the point that WHMs only have healing whereas sch's and rdm's have other skills that put them way ahead in most or all aspects
    SCHs can stun and do elemental magic (and HoT)
    RDMs can enfeeble stun and do elemental magic (and have convert and refresh)

Giving RDM or SCH more skill in healing puts whm way behind. WHMs have no other desirable aspect other than their healing.

whms can nuke very efficiently with /sch and tier 1 nukes, especially if you have some augmented MAB artsieq gear and some other stuff together.

rdm and sch healing istn impossible, its jsut much much much easier to heal on whm (like really piss easy). I do belive tough that leaving out 1 healer against 19 other jobs is wrong there should be a balance, we have 3 tanks various melees, various supporters, but only 1 from the community accepted healer. Somethings wrong there dont you think ¬.¬ I dont mind upping Schs and Rdms healing capabilitys in exchange for makeing banish and holy much stronger nukes.
    (0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I'd be pretty pleased at the idea of white magic nukes getting the same kinda revamp as black magic did. Although I admit, that's more for my PLD and Divine Emblem+Holy II than for my WHM.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    whms can nuke very efficiently with /sch and tier 1 nukes
    LMAO... stop your going to make me pee myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    we have 3 tanks
    MNK WAR and SAM? because lets face it you need to hold hate to be a tank.
    (1)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Redryno View Post
    LMAO... stop your going to make me pee myself!
    Just with a 119 staff alone, you're capable of decent tier 1s, specifically Stone I spam, so you're not burning through MP for negligible differences in damage. Since you're doing it as Whm/Sch, you're able to self Sandstorm yourself as well. No real reason NOT to do this, at a minimum. Could go all out and tailor 119 plasm sets to gain a good 100+ MAB as well, not to mention all of the accessories for +MDmg and MAB that Whm finds itself on.

I suppose you'd laugh if someone mentioned that Smn/Sch is a more than competent nuker as well? Funny enough, it's even better than Whm/Sch, being on Hagondes. Talk about an MP dump though, foregoing all your -perp and burning MP on nukes adds up quick without proper support.

tl;dr: Any job that's on a 119 staff is more than capable of nuking as /Sch.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast