Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Future of the Dark Rider and the Iron Colossus

I never understood why Alexander and Odin were made into astral flow avatars not only is it an unnecessary requirement, but in addition if they were added as regular avatars they would have still received an astral flow ability just like all our other avatars. I think that instead of making new avatars Square Enix should focus on these avatars to make them a better part of the summoner arsenal either way all their abilities and movement data is already in the game so how hard can it exactly be. Here my framework of how I envision these avatars being reworked.

Odin

Attributes

-Job: Dark Knight
    -Favor: Regain
    -Element: Dark
    -Weakness: Light
    -Unlockable: Level 1
    -Initial Summoning: 7 MP

Perpetuation Cost

-Level 1: 4 MP Tick
    -Level 12: 6 MP Tick
    -Level 24: 8 MP Tick
    -Level 36: 10 MP Tick
    -Level 48: 12 MP Tick
    -Level 50: 14 MP Tick
    -Level 62: 16 MP Tick
    -Level 74: 18 MP Tick
    -Level 86: 19 MP Tick
    -Level 91: 20 MP Tick

Special Abilities

I.) Level 1 Zantetsuken: Inflicts Death on all enemies within range.
    -Bloodpact: Rage (Requires Astral Flow)
    -Range: Cone
    -Notes: This ability does not consume Astral Flow similar to the other avatars.

Blood Pact: Rage

II.) Level 10 Gagnrath: Deals damage to all enemies within range, and inflicts terror for a short duration.
    -Bloodpact: Rage
    -Notes: The Terror effect is very short about the same duration of a stun.

III.) Level 34 Ofnir: Deals damage to all enemies within range, and inflicts them with defense down.

IV.) Level 66 Valfodr: Deals damage to all enemies within range, and inflicts them with silence and curse.

V.) Level 93 Geirrothr: Deals high damage to all enemies within range.

Blood Pact: Ward

VI.) Level 58 Yggr: Gives all party members within range the ability to intimidate the monster.
    -Bloodpact: Ward

VII.) Level 87 Sanngetall: Dispels a buff from all enemies within range.

Alexander

Attributes

-Job: Paladin
    -Favor: Critical Defense Bonus
    -Element: Light
    -Weakness: Dark

Perpetuation Cost

Special Abilities

-Level 1 Divine Judgement: Deals heavy light elemental damage to enemies within area of effect.
    -Range: Circular

-Level 1 Perfect Defense: Reduces damage taken and greatly increases resistance to most status effect for party members within area of effect.
    -Bloodpact: Ward (Requires Astral Flow)
    -Notes: Unlike the other avatars Alexander has 2 astral flow abilities, but this one automatically consumes the astral flow status.

-Level 10 Divine Spear: Deals low damage to an enemy, and has an additional effect of attack down.
    -Range: Single

-Level 27 Radiant Sacrament: Deals moderate damage to all the enemies within range has an additional effect of magic defense down.

-Level 40 Holy: Deals light elemental damage to the target.

-Level 85 Holy II: Deals heavy light elemental damage to the target.

-Level 97 Mega Holy: Deals light damage to all enemies within range, and wipes shadows.

-Level 81 Gospel of the Lost: Single target cure that heals one debuff from the target.

~~~Other Information~~~

1.) Unlike the other avatars attributes that are very similar to a black mage or white mage, odin takes the attributes of a dark knight making his attack power much more suitable, and alexander takes the attributes of a paladin making his defense much more suitable for taking damage.

2.) Alexander avatar functions similar to his prime version meaning that he's mobile; however, his auto attack power is quite low comparable to carbuncle but his bloodpacts still pack quite a punch. In addition Alexander is also the only avatar to have 2 astral flow abilities.

3.) Odin has no single target bloodpacts, all his bloodpacts are area of effect and cone range making him quite different from the other avatars, only his auto attack is single target.

4.) As you might have noticed the summoning cost is similar to the other elemental avatars; however, they have a much higher Perpetuation Cost that is because they have many addition benefits that the other avatars do not, and I felt that the high Perpetuation would make them hard to maintain by low level summoners making it unwise for low level summoners to use them in order to keep there powerful image, but they still have benefits for low level summoners.
    (18)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    While I tend to like this...
    We really don't need ANOTHER dark avatar...
    Even though we're getting one (Atomos)...
    And doing something similar to what you've done with Alexander will probably be redundant once Cait Sith happens....
    20 years from now.

All in all, I'd be for Odin and Alexander being changed into non-2hr summons... BUT, I'd rather wait for Cait Sith and Atomos... who will probably wind up with very similar abilities to your proposed ones.
    (also sneak/invis... I'm calling it now, Cait Sith will have it... It's like the one thing smn can't do through an avatar... And I'm just 82% sure that She will have it in -ga form.)

Redundant avatars = unused/underused avatars... though your proposal would actually make Odin readily usable. lol

(and screw Carby.... I am MORE than fine with Cait Sith replacing him as the Light avatar... little sephiroth dbag... He get slaps from me at every summoning!)
    (0)

Player
    Cait Sith already has an ability list if you look at all her abilities she really doesn't have many light based attacks and useful abilities, plus since we already have odin and alexander how hard can it be to just expand them. And while yes odin is dark based his bloodpacts are more physical based.
    (0)

Character
    Archades
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Serious : Unless the cone is real small having all of odin Rages cone would be very limiting. and i noticed they are all elemental, did you not intend them to have physical BPs?

Fun: Need to give Alex the macross missle move from FFIX
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsYpasHUVc8
    (1)

Player
    These are the bloodpacts they use in there battle, all of odin moves are area of effect in his battle. Also when an avatar dies the enmity of the other enemies resets.
    (0)

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by skullreaper View Post
    I never understood why Alexander and Odin were made into astral flow avatars not only is it an unnecessary requirement, but in addition if they were added as regular avatars they would have still received an astral flow ability just like all our other avatars. I think that instead of making new avatars Square Enix should focus on these avatars to make them a better part of the summoner arsenal either way all their abilities and movement data is already in the game so how hard can it exactly be. Here my framework of how I envision these avatars being reworked.

Odin

Attributes

-Job: Dark Knight
    -Favor: Regain
    -Weakness: Light

Perpetuation Cost

Special Abilities

I.) Level 1 Zantetsuken: Inflicts Death on all enemies within range.

II.) Level 10 Gagnrath: Deals damage to all enemies within range, and inflicts terror for a short duration.
    -Notes: The Terror effect is very short about the same duration of a stun.

III.) Level 34 Ofnir: Deals damage to all enemies within range, and inflicts them with defense down.

IV.) Level 66 Valfodr: Deals damage to all enemies within range, and inflicts them with silence and curse.

V.) Level 93 Geirrothr: Deals high damage to all enemies within range.

VI.) Level 58 Yggr: Gives all party members within range the ability to intimidate the monster.

VII.) Level 87 Sanngetall: Dispels a buff from all enemies within range.

Alexander

Attributes

-Job: Paladin
    -Favor: Critical Defense Bonus
    -Weakness: Dark

Perpetuation Cost

Special Abilities

-Level 1 Divine Judgement: Deals heavy light elemental damage to enemies within area of effect.

-Level 1 Perfect Defense: Reduces damage taken and greatly increases resistance to most status effect for party members within area of effect.
    -Bloodpact: Ward (Requires Astral Flow)
    -Notes: Unlike the other avatars Alexander has 2 astral flow abilities, but this one automatically consumes the astral flow status.

-Level 10 Divine Spear: Deals low damage to an enemy, and has an additional effect of attack down.

-Level 27 Radiant Sacrament: Deals moderate damage to all the enemies within range has an additional effect of magic defense down.

-Level 40 Holy: Deals light elemental damage to the target.

-Level 85 Holy II: Deals heavy light elemental damage to the target.

-Level 97 Mega Holy: Deals light damage to all enemies within range, and wipes shadows.

-Level 81 Gospel of the Lost: Single target cure that heals one debuff from the target.

~~~Other Information~~~

1.) Unlike the other avatars attributes that are very similar to a black mage or white mage, odin takes the attributes of a dark knight making his attack power much more suitable, and alexander takes the attributes of a paladin making his defense much more suitable for taking damage.

2.) Alexander avatar functions similar to his prime version meaning that he's mobile; however, his auto attack power is quite low comparable to carbuncle but his bloodpacts still pack quite a punch. In addition Alexander is also the only avatar to have 2 astral flow abilities.

3.) Odin has no single target bloodpacts, all his bloodpacts are area of effect and cone range making him quite different from the other avatars, only his auto attack is single target.

4.) As you might have noticed the summoning cost is similar to the other elemental avatars; however, they have a much higher Perpetuation Cost that is because they have many addition benefits that the other avatars do not, and I felt that the high Perpetuation would make them hard to maintain by low level summoners making it unwise for low level summoners to use them in order to keep there powerful image, but they still have benefits for low level summoners.
    Marry me! >.>!
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Cait Sith already has an ability list if you look at all her abilities she really doesn't have many light based attacks and useful abilities, plus since we already have odin and alexander how hard can it be to just expand them. And while yes odin is dark based his bloodpacts are more physical based.
    Um...... Since when? Did I just miss that?
    I did a quick search and found..... nothing.
    The last we heard about Her was that little autoattack video... And I don't recall seeing a post about her BPs...
    Do you have a link?
    (0)

Player
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Cait_Sith_Ceithir

Look at special attack section, usually avatars get the same abilities that they use in their battle.
    (1)
    Last edited by skullreaper; 08-06-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Cait_Sith_Ceithir

Look at special attack section, usually avatars get the same abilities that they use in their battle.
    That WOULD normally be accurate....
    Except Cait Sith is a fragmentary being, much like Phoenix.
    At this moment, there is no indication as to what Her abilities will be... because are we getting the full Her? Or are we getting another fragment of Her? (your link is to one of her fragments... and given that there are 9 other fragments in WotG alone... and then Her "true" combined form.... your assumption has no baring on Her abilities as a summon.... especially if we are getting a miniature of Her "full" form or if we are getting another fragment of Her whole, like the Voidwatch Cait Sith.)
    It's wrong to assume that we know ANY of her capabilities at this time until a dev says what She will be able to do.
    This is especially true for Cait Sith and Phoenix because both have only been presented in fragmentary form and we have not ever witnessed their true potential or their full abilities.

All we know is that She is a Light summon, won't be a 2hr like Odin or Alexander, and that's it for the moment.
    (0)

I like this, although I don't think they would ever give Alexander two astral flow pacts.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast