Player

Campaign / Abyssea - Forbidden Key ideas

Thanks SE for taking a look at revitalizing campaign battles in recent updates.

I'd like to suggest that you don't stop there and perhaps look at something that I wish we had. More items that can be bought with our Allied Notes. This would make campaign a lot more attractive. Maybe continue with "campaign: only" type of latent items. I was raised in campaign and its just sad to see those zones so dead.

Regarding Abyssea Forbidden Keys, how about you look into allowing for a permanent way to letting us open up Treasure chests through either a completed quest and/or a KI. Maybe tie it to cruor cost or simply the fact that we all beat abyssea quest line. Of course you can make it interesting and do a quest line about Mimic's or something (all abyssea zones have them! would be a nice easter egg hunt) and once completed the reward would be a KI which would allow us to open chests forever! Maybe add certain restrictions if you are concerned about lvl 30 jobs having this ability. I don't know. A nice quality of life if you ask me.

(3)

I would really like to see some new, half decent items be buyable with allied notes. Ditto with conquest points and Imperial Standing
    (3)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Firebert
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'd be ok with the Forbidden Key idea if it automatically deducts the cost of a key each time we open the chest.
    (4)
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I concur with the above statement regarding keys and cruor.
    (2)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

That is a great idea, having a KI that will deduct the cruor price of a key per chest opened, instead of buying keys manually.

And mimics would be perfect for the KI drop, since they drop nothing good currently and they are a pain.

As for campaign, I always thought the campaign battle mobs in the past should drop/steal/mug ancient currency. It doesn't make sense to me, that mobs in Dynamis which are supposed to be from the same period as campaign, drop it and crystal era mobs do not.
    It would be nice to see singles drop in campaign. (leave 100's for union coffers and Dynamis)
    Maybe a hurdle would be that anyone can hit a single mob, which would make it weird for drops to any one person.. So possibly they could give currency based on participation, just like exp and notes.

Or an allied notes to ancient currency exchange npc with a high notes to ac exchange ratio.
    (1)
    Last edited by radicaldreamer; 03-31-2014 at 10:56 PM.
    It's important to hold onto your dreams.. Even if it means staying half-asleep.
    -rd

Character
    Griblit
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I definitely agree. New items to be purchased with Allied Notes. This could be Rem. Tales for Reforging, ancient Currency, and/or new equipment or weapons.

I believe you do get Ancient Currency sometimes from Union rewards, but not anything that makes it worth your time. The possibility of 100's or just greatly increasing the amount of these would encourage people start to do Campaign again.
    (1)