Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I hope they allow trusts to be summoned in parties soon! It would be very nice for situations like this. They should also eliminate the exp drain for people in parties. Just get rid of it! At the very least, if they are worried about power leveling (lol) they could just eliminate it for people who are the same level - so basically making it good for level sync parties.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

2. 03-27-2014 01:44 PM

Character
    Wincy
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 63
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Actually, I don't find trust DDs to have more killing power than half of a proper human DD, so losing two trust DDs for one human DD is fine in terms of kill speed, but then there's the exp penalty in addition to that that ruins it all.

Personally, I roll with two support and one melee. Currently: Ulmia, Cherukiki and Naja Salaheem. This gives me 2x march, haste, heals for me and slow+para on the enemy. As a dnc with haste samba, it's like being in permanent hundred fists mode.
    Thanks for the info.
    (0)

Character
    Wincy
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 63
    Quote Originally Posted by Morovich View Post
    You're not in a regular party you're with NPC's they don't gain experience point's so why would you share experience points when they don't gain any. In a regular 2 or more party you share the experience points you still can still do that if you want. You get experience points for yourself since obviously the Trust NPCs wouldn't get XP, it's not like a regular party when Trust NPCs die when you're fighting you can't bring them back until you're out of battle, where as in a regular party another player can possibly raise you.

Basically when your with Trust your not sharing XP (since they are NPC's and are the same level as you are) and thus any kills are they as a solo kill since you are pretty much soloing, now how exactly is that defect?
    Yea but when you have the NPCs you are getting the extra manpower of having additional party members, without experiencing the xp share which is supposed to offset that. Don't get me wrong I am not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth, but my original point in making this post was that I was concerned that Trust solo'ing was more effective than duo'ing with another player.

From reading the responses, it seems like basically it *is* more effective, but only because of the xp issue. The way the Trust NPCs "join your party," but then they don't share xp AND it makes you unable to party with other human players, that presents like a bug to me. I guess that means I should abuse the crap out of it while I still can..
    (1)

You're not in a regular party you're with NPC's they don't gain experience point's so why would you share experience points when they don't gain any. In a regular 2 or more party you share the experience points you still can still do that if you want. You get experience points for yourself since obviously the Trust NPCs wouldn't get XP, it's not like a regular party when Trust NPCs die when you're fighting you can't bring them back until you're out of battle, where as in a regular party another player can possibly raise you.

Basically when your with Trust your not sharing XP (since they are NPC's and are the same level as you are) and thus any kills are they as a solo kill since you are pretty much soloing, now how exactly is that defect?
    It is a defect because it directly discourages party play, instead of being something you'd use when you simply can't find people to party with. In the situation that you encounter another person in a dungeon while trying to level up, you never have anything to gain by cooperating with this person, but would be better off staying in your trust party and try to chase the other person away by killing faster than them. It encourages anti-multiplayer play in a multiplayer game. I don't see how that can be anything but a defect.

It is a defect because the game mechanics practically makes serverside bots more valuable to you than the other players that pay to play the game. This wouldn't have been as big a problem in a single player game, but in this game, you have to share the game world, and one player with his trust party would use all the mobs of a particular camp in order to get good exp, instead of two players using the same camp.

The game practically tells you this: Of course you can play with your friends, but if you do, I'm going to attach these huge anvils to your feet. Don't like anvils? Use my bots instead!
    (4)
    Last edited by Mirage; 03-27-2014 at 08:02 PM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Yeah, the disadvantage of duoing is massive compared to trusts.

I solo something like 300k/hr xp in kamihr with three trusts. If I had an amazing bard friend with all the toys that could melee and main heal while also providing 4 songs and Haste, it might be comparable to trusts. We would have to kill about 40% faster to overcome the 40% exp penalty (or whatever it is), but I could maybe see it happening. It would be rough, though.
    (2)
    Last edited by Byrth; 03-27-2014 at 08:20 PM.

Character
    Wincy
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 63
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    It is a defect because it directly discourages party play, instead of being something you'd use when you simply can't find people to party with. In the situation that you encounter another person in a dungeon while trying to level up, you never have anything to gain by cooperating with this person, but would be better off staying in your trust party and try to chase the other person away by killing faster than them. It encourages anti-multiplayer play in a multiplayer game. I don't see how that can be anything but a defect.
    This is exactly what happened at one point in my CN example. Another person came in and I thought, hey we should party, but then I was like no that would just hurt my xp. We were able to share the mobs well enough, until a THIRD person showed up, and then things just got crappy. So yea, basically it just seems like there is an issue with incentives as it relates to party play vs Trust solo. Because the first thing we should have wanted to do was TEAM UP!
    (0)

It's happened to me tons of times too. I don't even bother with asking people anymore if I see them have trusts out. They're just going to decline anyway.
    (0)

9. 03-28-2014 07:44 AM

Still not a defect, taking mobs from others by camping and such has always happened. It is rude and does suck. My point was since trust is basically summon magic pets if you will just of a different nature there's no reason to have xp penalty since they dont gain xp. People would probably go and do parties but no one really asks anymore and few even seek. Which is dumb as well cause I'd many woukd love partying if they were invited and etc.
    No one is suggesting we ADD a exp penalty to trusts [PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS]. We are suggesting they remove the EXP penalty from people (who are the same level) in a party. And we are also suggesting they allow trusts to be summoned in a party.
    (4)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

FFXIV allows you to assist with a kill, even outside of a party, and it doesn't affect the EXP the person that claimed the mob gets. I don't see why they couldn't just remove the penalty in this game while leaving the claim system intact. EXP should only be scaled based on level, and level difference of party members.
    (0)

Character
    Krokov
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    No one is suggesting we ADD a exp penalty to trusts [PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS]. We are suggesting they remove the EXP penalty from people (who are the same level) in a party. And we are also suggesting they allow trusts to be summoned in a party.
    Indeed I'd like that too.
    (3)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2