Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerbob View Post
    The thing is, before the cure formula changes and gear additions, Regen was already a White Mage's solution to efficient single-target healing. It is lunacy to revoke that functionality just so SCH can profess some mastery over a certain field of spellcasting.

SCH struggled to find a niche when it was introduced simply because it didn't bring anything new to the table, practically speaking. This was a problem with the job's concept and design. I have no problem with SCH having something it is good at, but purloining a field of expertise at the expense of other jobs isn't acceptable. SCH's self-professed status as a master in all things over-time is damaging for other jobs because their tools are being overlooked as a consequence.
    you could flip this and say why afflatus solace isnt useable by SCH and other jobs when subbign whm, just because cureing is WHM niche market... whm has atm the monopoly on healing, i think rather then giving whm more SE should give RDMs and SCHs more to come closer to WHM. good start would be to make afflatus solace work as a sub and give SCH and RDM cure V.
    (0)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The difference is that other jobs with cure spells can use them effectively without Afflatus Solace. Regen spells are intended to be low-enmity, MP and time-efficient healing, and they simply aren't any longer! They need to be returned to their former glory for all jobs that cast them. The only reason that SCH is involved at all in the discussion is that it stands in the way of this by virtue of its professed mastery, which I maintain is absurd and, ultimately, damaging.
    (1)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerbob View Post
    The difference is that other jobs with cure spells can use them effectively without Afflatus Solace. Regen spells are intended to be low-enmity, MP and time-efficient healing, and they simply aren't any longer! They need to be returned to their former glory for all jobs that cast them. The only reason that SCH is involved at all in the discussion is that it stands in the way of this by virtue of its professed mastery, which I maintain is absurd and, ultimately, damaging.
    do you have any idea how much of an advantage afflatus solace stoneskin gives on cures for whm over any other job that *could cure*? I am sorry I refuse to give anything to whm, when sch and rdm are so far behind in terms of cureing, especially RDM.
    (4)

Character
    Tetsujin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I think it's good that WHM regen is getting some love -- the original effects need to be scaled up to meet the higher item level standards blah blah etc etc. In that regard, I do hope that SCH does pull ahead with either a serious Job Point upgrade to Regen potency (rather than duration) or maybe some nice gear options.
    (1)

Character
    Einalem
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    For me, SCH is about layering effects. I like subbing RDM for Phalanx because it helps my Regens do more.
    If there is something to complain about on the SCH Regen curing front, it's that you can't Modus Veritas a Regen

I think Regens should have a noticeably lower Cast time than Direct cures, personally, because that's the kind of effect they are. A band-aid that stems the blood flow while you prep some real Curing.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2