Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Shadaax
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Marjami ravine colonization reive strength

Hey, I'm just getting back into the game after about a year break and am wondering if there's any chance that there will be a reduction in strength to colonization reives in other areas like Marjami Ravine so that people can get their KI's necessary for advancement.

I need the "Climbing" KI to access the newer areas but to complete the mission for the KI, you have to get past 3 colonization reives which no one is interested in completing anymore. Even with Trust NPCs, it took me 45 mins to get past the first reive on BLU with AOE stun/sleep and running out when I got into trouble... only to get to the second reive with half a dozen rocs that couldn't be slept.

Even just reducing the boulder HP would help tremendously because coming back on BST and putting Kiyomaro on the boulder took almost an hour for one. Then when I tried to put him on the second boulder, I got aggro and couldn't recover. Also using mostly 117 gear so I doubt 119 would make much of a difference.
    (6)
    I reject your reality and substitute my own...
    - Adam Savage

Reive strength should probably vary depending on how often they are cleared. If they are frequently cleared, you can assume that people don't have too much trouble getting past them with the help of others. If they are infrequently cleared, it would probably be hard for a person to get help with clearing it, so they'd have to do them alone, in which case the reives should have less hp and defence.
    (4)

Character
    Quedari
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadax View Post
    BLU with AOE stun/sleep and running out when I got into trouble... only to get to the second reive with half a dozen rocs that couldn't be slept.
    Sheep Song says hi. The range isn't as large as Dream Flower, so you have to make sure the mobs are very close together, but it still works.
    (0)
    Quedari: WHM BLM RDM SMN SCH BLU BRD RUN GEO
    Mykaell: BLM RDM WAR DNC WHM THF SCH RUN

Character
    Shadaax
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    If they are infrequently cleared, it would probably be hard for a person to get help with clearing it, so they'd have to do them alone, in which case the reives should have less hp and defence.
    Exactly. I've been out there 3-4 times and the reives are always up with no one in the zone doing them. If they just weakened over time if they've been up for a while, it would help immensely.

Sheep Song says hi. The range isn't as large as Dream Flower, so you have to make sure the mobs are very close together, but it still works.
    True but SS has 60 sec max duration AND recast. One resist or even partial resist and you're in trouble with those rocs. Two or more and you're probably dead.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shadax; 03-25-2014 at 06:50 AM.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own...
    - Adam Savage

Character
    Quedari
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't remember having much issue with the recast on sheep song. I believe my casting set for that is haste/fastcast/macc. I also keep whirl of rage set so I can stunga > recast without getting beat on too much and so nearly all of the mobs are on the same sleep timer. Even if you just cast sheep song in your tp set, that should be 25% haste applied to your recast timer.
    (0)
    Quedari: WHM BLM RDM SMN SCH BLU BRD RUN GEO
    Mykaell: BLM RDM WAR DNC WHM THF SCH RUN

Greetings, everyone.

The development team is planning to make adjustments in order to make colonization reives more attractive to participate in. Additionally, Matsui mentioned in a post some time ago that he would like to add means to get through areas blocked by colonization reives; however, they are still looking into this and will need a bit more time.

To start off, in the May version update we will be making adjustments to reive momentum bonuses and at the same time we will increase the opportunities to use bayld. With this, we feel that participating in reives will become one option for obtaining bayld. Also, with players participating in reives more it will make it easier to pass through these areas.
    (5)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    I'll tell you right now, if you don't increase the amount of Bayld obtained from Reives, Bayld won't be a selling point ever again. Right now I have a choice between spending 13~15k on a pop set for Cirdas Caverns and getting 5k Bayld, or taking the time to go do Reives which reward me with Bayld at a much slower rate. I assume you know that 13~15k is pocket lint for most of us these days, especially if you do this in a party where each person would only pay 13~15k and everyone would walk away with 15~30k Bayld. Just in terms of numbers I'm try to say, the rate either goes up or Reives won't be going down like you expect, at least, not for Bayld purposes.
    (9)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings, everyone.

The development team is planning to make adjustments in order to make colonization reives more attractive to participate in. Additionally, Matsui mentioned in a post some time ago that he would like to add means to get through areas blocked by colonization reives; however, they are still looking into this and will need a bit more time.

To start off, in the May version update we will be making adjustments to reive momentum bonuses and at the same time we will increase the opportunities to use bayld. With this, we feel that participating in reives will become one option for obtaining bayld. Also, with players participating in reives more it will make it easier to pass through these areas.
    Nice timing, because last night a friend and me had to spend over 2 hours fighting the first 2 Reives so I could get to the first Bivouac (and I spent a couple of days trying to solo the things before that.) So I'm not looking forward to spending another hour tonight getting past the third wall so I can get the "Climbing" key item. The mobs respawn way too fast, have crap Enmity mechanics, and trying to tank all 8 mobs at the same time is an exercise in futility even with 1500+ Defense and damage reduction gear.

I mean I understand they were aimed at parties at first, but NO ONE ever does those Reives now. And they need some sort of adjustment because even with 2 people you can take too much time destroying those walls. Which is insane for something so trivial.
    (6)

Character
    Kheper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 1
    Add a modest, but worthwhile, reward of CP to Reives.
    (7)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Hope you are looking at Yorcia too cause as far as i can tell there is no way to get around reives at all there. at least in the Ravine u can vine climb past all but 1 reive. I havent been in kamir enough but i dont think there is much in the way around those either.

But yea Id say the amount of mobs is prolly ok but they respawn way way too fast and if you ever dare touch the roots or whatever the main target is you almost always get every single mob from the other side on you and this proves impossible to survive. Pretty much the only reason I dont do any reives at all nowadays is mobs on both sides comign to fight on one side. At least in ceizak there is room near the roots where there arent any mobs and it is possible to sneak by the mobs and fight the roots with only occasional agro from a mob or two. Some of those Gates zones are the worst as well, especially when you have a velkk mage from the other side agro and cast and refuse to come close enough to where you can do anything about them at all without walkin out of the boundries.
    (10)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast