Dynamis - San'd'Oria SAM

Title: The SAM Orcs in Dynamis - San' d'Oria (Maybe other zones as well) would continue to use their ability, Meikyo Shisui, even though they had TP reset to 0 by Cait Sith and their ability stolen via Larceny

Platform: PS2/Xbox360
    ISP: Brighthouse
    Type of Internet Connection: Broadband
    Internet Connection Speed: ~60Mbps
    Date & Time: Mar 22, 2014 10:30 EST
    Frequency: Repeatedly
    Character Name: Zeargi & Rjordan
    Race: Hume M (Zeargi) & Hume M (Rjordan)
    World: Sylph
    Main Job: SMN 99 (Zeargi) & THF 99 (Rjordan)
    Support Job: SCH (Zeargi) & DNC (Rjordan)
    Area and Coordinates: Dynamis - San d'Oria (I-11)
    Party or Solo: Party with 2 members
    NPC Name: None
    Monster Name: Vanguard Gutslasher
    Steps:
    1.) Engages Multiple Monsters: Vanguard Footsoilder, Vanguard Gutslasher x2, Vanguard Neckchopper.
    2.) Focused on 1st Vanguard Gutslasher, evoking its 1hr: Meikyo Shisui
    3.) Used Larceny to steal Meikyo Shisui
    4.) Used Multiple Area of Effect Weaponskills, Triggering All Engaged Monster's Weakness Proc. And Activating 2nd Vanguard Gutslasher's Meikyo Shisui in process.
    5.) Used Mewing Lullaby: Received message all Enemies asleep, all Enemies TP Reset to 0.
    6.) Trigger Stun wears off, 1st Vanguard Gutslasher readies TP Skill, Then 2nd, and finally 3rd.
    7.) 2nd Gutslasher wakes up, readies TP Skill, then 2nd, and finally 3rd.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm a little amazed that you went through the trouble of bringing a SMN and a THF to strip mobs of a mostly harmless job ability.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    I'm a little amazed that you went through the trouble of bringing a SMN and a THF to strip mobs of a mostly harmless job ability.
    It was a spur of the moment idea. I realized all the mobs were WS weakness, and I never use my 1hrs. It was near the beginning, so It was worth a shot. SMN counts for both JA and Magic, and Mewing Lullaby is great for crowd control. Not to mention, it's a good test of the new avatar.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Teegrins, Zeargi!

I believe this is not a bug, but a feature. ^^;

Here's one of the official mentions about it:

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    • Thief
      In addition to the effects that can be stolen by Aura Steal, Larceny will allow you to steal monsters' special abilities as well. In the case where a monster has several enhancements active, the special ability will take the highest priority for stealing. When the effect is stolen, it will be removed from the monster, and the effect will be granted to the player that stole it. Even if you steal the ability from them after it has been used for a bit, the effect duration will be reset when stolen, so you will gain an effect duration that is the same as if you used it yourself.

However, there are some exceptions. Astral Flow cannot be stolen. This is due to the fact that the specs for Astral Flow used by monsters is different than that of what players use, and it is a type of ability where the effect is elicited upon use.

One more ability that is treated specially is Meikyo Shisui. While you will be able to steal and use Meikyo Shisui from monsters, it will not be possible to stop them from using their weapon skills. This is due to the fact that the behavior of monsters with this ability is different.
    I hope this helps!
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Teegrins, Zeargi!

I believe this is not a bug, but a feature. ^^;

Here's one of the official mentions about it:

I hope this helps!
    That still doesn't explain why the TP reset from Cait Sith didn't stop it. They'd have negative TP o_O;
    (1)